Welcome
|To Dirty Little Freaks|

welcome to dirty little freaks, a multiverse rpg where anything can happen.

Updates
|Latest in Game News|

Links

Calendar
|To Keep in the Know|

MONTH:

March 2019

SEASON:
Winter/Spring

Birthdays:
Mar. 9th - Flint Emerson
Mar. 14th - Bayle Tsala
Mar. 21st - Nick Ward
Mar. 29th - Joshua Foley

Important Dates:
March 6th - New York (Mutant) Pride Parade
March 17th - President Potts Speaking At the Capitol

OOC Dates:
---

Chatbox
|Take a Load Off|

The Staff
|We've Got This|

Your Go-To People

Credits
Original Skin & Graphics:
Boleyn of RPG-D
Sidebar: Dana

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to "Dirty Little Freaks", a Glee AU RPG! Feel free to take a look around and get a feel for the crazy little universe we've created here!

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The New Generation, Open | 5-14-12
Blaine Anderson
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:30 AM

From the Ashes

Group: New York
Member No.: 4

"Alright, alright, settle down guys! Settle down!" Blaine said with a hint of laughter in his voice, the excitement that his current power training class was showing making him quite happy. He had only really just started the job but already felt very at home with it, the group he'd been assigned to start all between the ages of ten and twelve which just made them all excited to try and use their powers.

They were outside currently, the kids finally settling into a semi-circle around him on the grass as Blaine clapped his hands together and grinned brightly now.

"So, first thing's first. No matter what your power is, the most important thing to remember is to believe that you can do it. If you don't believe in yourself, it's going to be really hard for you to actually do anything," he explained, looking around at his small group, all of which nodded. "From there, it's about focus. You can't rush it, control I mean, so you just have to be gentle with it. Dig down deep and feel your power, picture it like a little candle that you can cup your hands around and hold carefully. Go ahead and try it."

All the kids closed their eyes and started to focus on what Blaine had told them to do, everyone going quiet for a moment until a little girl's hand shot into the air, an excited look on her face.

"I felt it I felt it!"

"Good job!" Blaine said happily, beaming at her then looking at the others. "What about everyone else? Could you at least feel it a little bit?" All of them nodded, even if some looked a bit unsure, and Blaine made notes of who they were before kneeling down. "Alright, now that you've got your power held carefully, pull it close and just let the warmth spread all over. Let it take over you and don't be scared of it. Your power won't hurt you because it's yours," he explained, pulling his lighter out as he spoke and flicking it open. "Let it become apart of you completely, since it's who you are now, and then let it show itself."

As he said it the flame flickered then started to weave up his arm, the shape forming, becoming more recognizable as a cat once it was to his shoulders. Elettra stretched across her creator's shoulders, tail flicking happily as she eased around his head to peer at the children, all of which were staring with wide eyes.

"That's so cool, Mr. Anderson!"

"Can we touch it?"

"You can," he mused and the feline hopped down, starting to walk the line of kids. "Remember, it's your power so you can control what it does, no matter what your power is. If you don't want it to hurt people, it won't."
Jesse St. James
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 01:33 PM

St. Dick

Group: Young Avengers
Member No.: 31

Jesse hadn't had a day's rest since everyone started flooding in. He was contacting various places of business, trying to figure out if they needed extra staff or particularly skilled staff. He'd spent so much time in the second ward as well, though passed the buck to Nick and Quinn this day. He needed to do another walk around.

He ended up at the schools, fiercely curious as to how the mutant training was going. Classes were one thing, but teaching the children their powers was completely different. It took someone braver and more talented than just anyone off the street. Which was amusing in that they could only get people off the street.

He sensed familiar emotions, and felt the happiness in the students. The excitement, the desire to learn. It was a good feeling, it meant the person teaching them was doing a fine job of it.

And as he thought, it was Blaine Anderson. He wasn't surprised. The boy had the patience of a saint considering who he chose to be engaged to. And he had skill. Valuable skill and was good with people, obviously.. Good with children. Jesse wanted to form a bridge with him.

Who knew how important these connections could be in the future.

He stood at the edge of the group, staying back so the children could focus on their lesson and not on this new comer. He watched with the same curious fascination that the children had at the cat. It really was impressive.
Blaine Anderson
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 02:08 PM

From the Ashes

If Blaine noticed Jesse he didn't let it show, his focus solely on the children as they all took a turn playing with Elettra. The cat, however, peered over at the empath, ears perking forward as the tip of her tail twitched--a sign the her creator was aware for sure.

"Now, remeber to always start small at first, because using your power too much can make you really tired. Plus, starting small will help you practice control as well," Blaine explained, regaining the children's full attention as the fire cat wandered over to Jesse, circled him, then finally sat on te ground beside him.

"Mr. Anderson, what if our power isn't like yours?" a little boy asked as he plucked at the grass a bit

"Well the same concepts still apply. Like, say if you have telepathy. Don't try and talk to a bunch of people at first. Start with someone you know who's okay with helping you practice," Blaine explained, flicking his lighter again. "With time and patience any power can grow strong."

As he spoke the flame grew and fell to the ground, growing rapidly as it wrapped around Blaine, Jesse, and the children, shaping into a large Chinese dragon.

"You just have to be willing to work hard."
Jesse St. James
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 02:34 PM

St. Dick

Jesse glanced down at the cat, peering at it silently for a long moment. Blaine was skilled, that was to be certain. He was probably the best mutant he'd seen that spent his own time practicing. Many mutants seemed to forget that practice made perfect, truly. Jesse still spent time practicing his own.. and having an entire city to play with now...

He took a small step back when the dragon appeared and there was a collective gasp from the children. Yes, this was truly impressive. They could be just as impressive with time. They were starting far younger and with a teacher.

As the class came to a close Jesse took a step forward... only to be stopped by a little storm. He turned, seeking it out and saw Kurt, looking better considering he wasn't dressed like an urchin and had a smile on his face as he approached his fiancee.

"You show off~" he sing songed at Blaine as he approached, extending his arms to wrap Blaine into an embrace. "I wanted to visit and see how class went! You pulled out all the stops on that one!!"

Any children who wanted to approach and ask questions found that they really didn't. They wanted to head off and practice or whatever kids did. It was Jesse's turn and he approached with confidence.

"Yes, it was quite impressive, Mr Anderson. I can't say we could have found someone better."
Rachel Berry
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 06:18 PM

Broadway Baby

Member No.: 20

Rachel had finished signing up for classes at the college, and she had some time to kill. She had a shift later on, but she was giving Erin some space. It had been a few day since Kris and Santana left, and if Erin had heard from them, she hadn't said one way or the other. She figured that she would check out the elementary school, and maybe see if she could see Blaine.

She was all signed up for classes on her days off. She had contemplated taking classes here before everything blew up in Ohio, so she decided now that she had some money coming in that it couldn't hurt to further he education some. She was wondering around the ground, getting her bearings when she noticed Blaine's class. She made sure that she had her own power dialed back before approaching the group. She didn't want any of the kids to get hurt because she had made a mistake.

She noticed Jesse also watching, but didn't leave her gaze locked on him for too long, instead watching Elettra. She had wanted to congratulate Blaine on a great class, but Jesse looked determined, so she settled for a smile and a wave before moving on with the other children. So much for killing time.
Blaine Anderson
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:24 PM

From the Ashes

"Have a good rest of the day guys!" Blaine said happily as the students all headed off, letting himself become distracted with his fiance afterwards. His smile melted into that loving, warm smile and there was even a bit of a blush on his cheeks at the others compliments. "I wasn't trying to show off. Just trying to make my point," he murmured, kissing the taller young man lightly before pulling back as a new voice cut in.

Elettra was still beside Jesse though she was standing now, tail curling and uncurling as she peered up at him while the dragon stopped floating and rested on the ground around the group. Their full attention on Jesse meant Blaine was paying rapt attention now.

"I--Thank you. You're too kind, really," he said as the blush started to grow a bit, Blaine's smile changing to his usual sort of easy going smile as his hand found Kurt's and squeezed it. "I'm just really glad I could get this opportunity."
Jesse St. James
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:01 PM

St. Dick

Jesse smiled pleasantly enough at Kurt, head tilting slightly in greeting. Ignoring the fire creatures he moved forward, extending his hand to shake their's. Kurt gave him a cautious look before taking his hand to shake it briefly before taking Blaine's again.

"I wanted to have a conversation with you, considering you're essentially the only skilled mutant teacher that's stepped forward... but I'd like to speak to you in private." He glanced at Kurt, who narrowed his eyes slightly.

"I'm sure whatever you want to sa--"

Jesse suddenly turned and pointed at Rachel. "Oh look, its Rachel."

Kurt blinked, then broke into a smile. "Oh it is, excuse me!" He let go of Blaine's hand and stepped away, as if the entire moment with Blaine was forgotten. "Rachel, hi! What are you doing all the way out here..~? Come on, lets take a walk around the field." He hooked his arm with Rachel's, smiling.

It really was too easy to influence the emotionally weak. Jesse turned his attention smoothly back to Blaine, smiling again. "So I take it you practice quite a bit? Are you intending on only working with younger children or could I convince you teach your peers part time?"
Rachel Berry
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:12 PM

Broadway Baby

Rachel started as she heard her name being called. She hadn't expected anyone to really pay much attention to her at all. She smiled happily as Kurt came rushing over, linking his arm with hers and pulling her along.

"Hi Kurt," She looking over her shoulder at Jesse and Blaine. She walked along with Kurt. "Um, I registered at the college and had some time before my shift, so I thought I'd come and say hi," She explained, glancing at Kurt for a moment.

"So how are you?"
Blaine Anderson
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:15 AM

From the Ashes

Blaine was caught off guard by Kurt's sudden about face, blinking as his fiance bound off to go latch onto Rachel. Not that he cared, it was just odd because of the way the conversation had been going. He couldn't help but eye Jesse a bit, the look fleeting though as the other delved into a bit more of a serious sort of conversation--a work related one.

"Whenever I can honestly. I still have a long way to go with my power, at least that's what it seems like, so I want to keep working with it and honing my control," he said with a nod, smiling some before the look turned thoughtful as he considered what the other had asked.

He hadn't really given it much thought beyond just wanting to teach, having jumped at the chance when something opened up, honestly.

"I think that's something I could probably do. I really enjoy working with the little kids but I've helped people my age as well before."
Jesse St. James
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:35 AM

St. Dick

"I'm great!" Kurt smiled wide, feeling the same bright delight that he had for awhile now. It felt good. Even if Rachel was again his rival... It was better to keep your enemies close though. "I was just visiting Blaine at work. You know, I'm always inviting him to visit me but I should come and see him too, right? And its great to see him smile..." He turned to look back at Blaine with that loving smile.

Jesse didn't acknowledge that Kurt had taken off any more than he already had. He didn't want to make it much more obvious that he'd compelled the boy to go than he needed to. Some people could be so very sensitive about that kind of thing.

"Well, I need someone skilled to teach our law enforcement to be blunt." He rested his hands on his hips, turning to look at Blaine. "I need skilled officers and I need a skilled mutant to teach them and I want that mutant to be you."

They weren't idle compliments. Jesse felt the confidence with his power that Blaine had, more confidence than most ever would. He glanced towards Kurt, watching him walk for a moment before looking back at Blaine.

"He has a voice in the mutant community already. I'd like him to work for the city as well. I know there's another blogger from Ohio here, Vincent Smythe I think he is..? I think the two should work together. My only issue is that Hummel one bad moment away from taking a free fall into misery."
Rachel Berry
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:14 PM

Broadway Baby

Rachel felt like she was watching a ping pong match, only you know without the balls, racquets, and net. She hadn't seen Kurt like this in a very long time, and she honestly missed it a little. She nodded enthusiastically as Kurt explained why he was there.

She found it nice that the two boys could support each other in the ways that they had. She only hoped that she found someone that complimented her like her two friends. She shook her head slightly to shake away her thoughts.

"He really should come by if he hasn't already," She said, smiling. "From what I've seen so far you blow them away. Imagine what we could do together?" She asked, grinning at him Mischievously. They were at their best when they were rivaling with each other.
Blaine Anderson
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:22 PM

From the Ashes

"Me? Seriously?" Blaine asked with surprise clear in his voice. It had been enough of a surprise to get offered the teaching position in itself but for Jesse to be offering him this as well? It was pretty huge honestly. "I--we'd have to balance it out with the work I'm doing here but I wouldn't be object to it at all."

His expression changed as Kurt was brought into it, Blaine glancing over at his fiance with a fond look in his eyes. That look changed to annoyance though as his gaze returned to Jesse, the young man immediately taking a defensive sort of position now.

"He's not about to fall into misery," he said sharply, his anger bubbling up a bit as Elettra bristled a bit by his feet and the dragon around them slunk closer to its creator, hackles pulling back a bit. "He's doing a lot better than he was. Plus, if you want his help then ask him, not me. I'm not his keeper. Same for Vincent."

The two of them would be able to do a lot of good together though, Blaine would agree with that.
Jesse St. James
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:47 PM

St. Dick

"Oh I wouldn't want to bog down my act that much." Kurt looked smug before breaking into a smile, bumping his hip against Rachel gently. "We should though, it would be interesting to watch everyone clap that much louder for moi~" He broke into a laugh, head tilting back. It was fun to banter again.

Though the conversation Jesse was having with Blaine was making him nervous. Just a little. What did Jesse want with his fiancee? It wasn't as if Jesse had the best track record interacting with people Kurt loved.

It was disappointing that Blaine found that so shocking, that he was wanted for something important. Maybe actually taking the job would help him boost that confidence. Jesse didn't want someone unsure in such an important place.

Jesse snorted at Blaine's insistence and he tipped his head back. He turned to look at Blaine, remembering the boy was unaware of his power. He ignored the bristling cat. He could sense the emotions Blaine had, how protective.

"I'll be sure to speak with Vincent on my own, of course, but you need to understand... Your fiancee isn't doing better. He's manic. The up swing of emotion doesn't mean he's magically better, it just means he's a ticking bomb before that high explodes out from under him and he crashes harder than before."

But why tell when he could show? There was a flicker of green in his eyes as he opened the channel between Blaine and Kurt, allowing the shorter boy to feel everything that Kurt was feeling in the moment.

The love he felt for Blaine, the nervousness at the two of them talking.. there was affection for Rachel but an undercurrent of irritation and touchyness when it came to her being there. There was joy, but it was racing. Like a river rushing and rushing but beneath the surface were sharp stones.

A coiling tension, a darkness waiting to take over again, and an odd teetering feeling to his emotional stability.

Jesse tilted his head, watching Blaine, never losing his focus from the boy. "He's not better, Blaine. You've just deluded yourself into thinking he is."
Rachel Berry
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:21 AM

Broadway Baby

Rachel laughed and bumped against Kurt as well. "Bog down? You think I would bog down your act?" She pretended to act affronted, but honestly she had missed this bantering, maybe even as much as Kurt, if he missed her at all. Their relationship was complicated to say the least. "Hey, you never know Kurt," She said, laughing lightly.

She relished the idea of singing with Kurt again. It had been so long since she had any real competition. Harmony had been the last, and even that hadn't been true fun, because she couldn't rattle the girl like she could Kurt.

"We should do something soon. I bet between the two of us, we can find something amazing, well, not quite as amazing as me, however," She said with a teasing wink.
Blaine Anderson
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:35 AM

From the Ashes

"He's not--"

Blaine was cut off from finishing as Jesse's eyes starting to glow, the pyrokinetic looking fearful for a moment until he suddenly felt waves of emotions that weren't his own. They made his breath catch and he felt himself tense as he just sort of felt it all for a second and tried to make sense of it, looking over towards Kurt as he let himself get swept up in the feel of everything.

And then that darkness.

He shivered and jerked backwards, taking a step back and bumping into the dragon as he stared at Jesse.

"That--no he--" he started then stopped, feeling his eyes start to burn a bit as realization set it. The change in Kurt had been pretty sudden. He'd been very down and out of it and then all of a sudden there was all this happiness and excitement and God why hadn't he realized something was wrong before?

Blaine turned then, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath, resting a hand on the dragon's head as Elettra peered up at him, ears falling back in an almost scared expression.

"...Thank you..for filling me in on what I was missing," he said softly, honestly glad that Jesse had brought it to his attention despite how much he was hating himself for not realizing it on his own. "And for the job offer. I'd love to do it..but I need..to get going right now. Thank you." He couldn't even bring himself to look at Jesse or glance in his fiance's direction, dismissing the dragon and heading back towards the school with Elettra trotting along after him.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

original skin by Boleyn of RPG-Directory
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6135 seconds | Archive