Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Deadly Expectations. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quick Log In

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

Southern Hospitality, Tag: Logan
Logan Movero
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 01:20 PM

" Here..kitty kitty kitty..."
Group Icon

Group: Shifter
Member No.: 11

They killed her mother. It was a sinking feeling that settled briefly into Logan’s stomach. Logan knew quite a few Vampires, some he liked and others he didn’t. It all seemed to depend on who drank what. Logan sometimes considered people like her fortunate. People who loved their parents, and lost them to a tragedy or lost them to another country, he wished he shared that love. Instead he held the hate that had harbored since he was a child. It made some things hard to talk about, be it for lack of compassion and concern, or because he refused to say anything. In her case, the sinking feeling was because vampires were involved.

He could imagine her resentment.

But as quick as her sadness came it was gone again, and Logan was rather amazed at her ability to put it behind her a move on. It was perhaps stereotypical to think that women held onto those emotions and resentment, and when falling back into the thoughts of them, tended to get overly emotional and dramatic. This woman, thankfully, didn’t fall into that. Otherwise Logan would’ve been trying to figure out his escape of the situation, which would be a shame…he liked her.

They were back on the topic of supernaturals, one he was enjoying playing a cat and mouse game of revealing information to each other. She asked him if he’d ever met a real witch, and he laughed in response to her purring tone and her wink. “Thankfully na. ‘M glad about that yeah.’ He gave her a wide smile. “I ‘ere they’re even worse than the shadow man yeah? Rather not encounter them types.” No noo, he’d heard the horror stories of witches around some places, he was lucky to avoid them, and he preferred to keep it that way.

It was her next set of verb-age that had his attention. The way she said the words, saying ‘ourselves’ and her father being involved in a revelation. She was talking about exposure, revealing weres and shifters just as the vampires had. Logan’s expression fell from his grin to a more concerned and false smirk. His lips were still trying to remain in a pleasing curve, but they were dropping, as was the light in his blue eyes. She was talking sense in some regards, and yet she was talking about something that many shifters and were’s didn’t want to put out there. So far they had been smart enough to sit back and watch the vampires suffer in many respects, and had been curious enough to watch and see how so many others were accepted.

It was a coin toss, and Logan wasn’t sure he wanted to be on the bad end.

”You’re posin’ an interestin’ thing sweetheart.” Logan leaned back a bit, his smile returning, though it was a bit more devious than before. ”We’ve both seen how those vampires were treated yeah? You want to be accepted like that?” He lowered his chin, his bright eyes showing he was playing a little game with her. “We both know how often were abused when we’re not wearing this skin…Id rather not fear the kick of a broad on the street cause she thinks I’m something other than what I appear…” He tilted his head, leaning closer. “Nor you the shotgun of an angry farmer yeah?”
Samira Hassan
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 08:09 AM

Group Icon

Group: Were - Admin
Member No.: 3

Mira didn't often bring up the past, but when people wanted to know her issues with vampires she often told them the truth. It had been years since he mother's disappearance, and she'd managed to come to terms with what everyone assumed was Amani's death. In the months following, she'd entertained the thought that her mother had been turned, but she'd dismissed those hopes rather quickly. Either way, she didn't see any reason to dwell on the past... or at least to do so while still talking to Logan.

Instead, she asked if Logan had met a real witch. There was one in the apartment next door to where she and Saddiq lived. Nice enough guy, although the smells emanating from his apartment were rather disturbing, especially to her sensitive nose.

“Thankfully na. ‘M glad about that yeah. I ‘ere they’re even worse than the shadow man yeah? Rather not encounter them types.”

Samira shrugged.

"Some are, some are lovely people. My chemistry teacher in high school was one," she replied.

Of course, what she really wanted to know were his thoughts on a shifter revelation. When she mentioned the possibility, she noticed the change in his mood that she had begun to recognise. There were many of their kind who did not approve of the idea of the two natured making themselves known, while there were more who wanted to stop hiding. Her father said that the shifters and weres needed to drag themselves out of the dark ages and into the modern world. She watched Logan's expression, noticing how the smile seemed to vanish from his lips and the laughter disappeared from his eyes.

”You’re posin’ an interestin’ thing sweetheart.”

The smile was back, but Mira noticed there was something... different about it.

”We’ve both seen how those vampires were treated yeah? You want to be accepted like that? We both know how often were abused when we’re not wearing this skin…Id rather not fear the kick of a broad on the street cause she thinks I’m something other than what I appear… Nor you the shotgun of an angry farmer yeah?”

She leant in when he did, resting her chin in her hand. This was getting interesting, there was no doubt about that. Not to mention that Logan was bringing up points that she herself had thought of when her father had first brought it up. People in the Middle East had not taken the knowledge that vampires actually existed very well, and there had been more than a few hate crimes. She remembered hearing from her grandfather about how in Ha'il they had killed several vamps days after the Great Revelation.

Did the two natured want that to happen to them?

"Well, being abused for being different isn't exactly new to me.... but personally, why shouldn't we make ourselves known?" she replied. Her grin turned devious.

"And look at you, assuming I turn into something that annoys farmers!" she teased. Samira leant in a little further.

"Have you figured out what I am yet?"
Logan Movero
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 03:45 PM

Group Icon

Well sure, wasn’t everyone abused in some way for being different? Logan wouldn’t argue her point there, but his was that he didn’t want to be abused ‘now’ because he was different. As a child, even a teen, sure, Logan was different, angry all the time. People picked on him, but learned not to rather quickly. It was more so the comfort that he found now in hiding everything, keeping to himself. He didn’t like the idea of seeing his feline form on the street and someone picking him up or carting him off or just talking to him for hours. That would mean he would have to keep the human mindset in the cat form. Which was hard, it was fun to pretend to listen then walk away…people never got angry when animals did it.

Perhaps a selfish reason to want to stay hidden from the world, though Logan wouldn’t deny that the idea of being ‘known’ didn’t hurt either. He’d even say that he played with the idea of after a few years of hate and abuse people would accept it. He wouldn’t mind being able to shift wherever he wanted into his feline form rather than hide in some dark alley. Then again, he didn’t know if the idea of sitting in a restaurant like this and some little kid was harassing him to turn into the ‘kitty’ was fun either.

Na, Logan wasn’t so keen on this whole thing.

Her retaliation to his ‘farmer’ comment had him laughing. He took another swallow of his drink before he leaned in with her, watching her eyes. Her question settled on his mind, and he thought up of a response for some time. Filling in the silence with another comment however. “Oh come ‘on now. Farmer, kid on the street, that crazy old lady who lives in the corner house and gives you the evil eye.” He smiled at her, ” All them suspicious types yeah.”

After his mind had thought on what she was, he closed his eyes a moment, before looking at the table between them. He lifted his finger to his mouth, biting on his nail a moment before putting his hand down, fingers brushing her arm just gently. “You tasted like heat…and earth.” He tilted his head a little. “You smell like the sun, like amber.” He watched her eyes, then her mouth before he grinned. “You’re not from this continent; you come from the sands…that I can feel.” He gave a little chuckle and lowered his voice. “You’re a feline…I know that too, I can feel it in my stomach, smell it and taste it..” He leaned back from her, reclining in his seat. “But I don’t know what feline...your new to me..” He narrowed his eyes with a grin as the waitress placed their food in front of them, giving them both a smile as she left.

Logan never broke eye contact with Samira.

”And me? Have you figured me out yet?”
Samira Hassan
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 12:09 PM

Group Icon

Samira ran a finger along the rim of her glass, watching Logan with keen interest. This was the kind of game she loved playing back home, trying to figure out what animal a fellow were or shifter turned into. Some people said the animal you turned into said a lot about your personality, and Samira tended to agree with that school of thought. Admittedly, it wasn't entirely true in some cases, but you could see it. If she had to hazard a guess, she'd say he favoured feline forms... although Mira wasn't entirely sure just yet.

She'd wait until he told her his opinion before airing her own....

“Oh come ‘on now. Farmer, kid on the street, that crazy old lady who lives in the corner house and gives you the evil eye. All them suspicious types yeah.”

The petite Arab laughed, taking a sip of her drink before leaning in closer. Despite herself, she shivered as his fingers brushed her arm. Her eyes never left his, the slight grin on her lips inviting him to continue, to guess what she was, to keep playing their game. Later, she'd probably marvel at how bold she acted, reasoning that being so far from home had made things different. Right now though, she was just having some fun with a handsome guy she met at a bar.

“You tasted like heat…and earth. You smell like the sun, like amber.”

Her grin widened slightly. She tasted like heat, did she? This was becomming more and more interesting.

“You’re not from this continent; you come from the sands…that I can feel. You’re a feline…I know that too, I can feel it in my stomach, smell it and taste it..”

Samira chuckled, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. So he'd guessed she was a feline.....

“But I don’t know what feline...your new to me..”

As he leant back, Mira mirrored his movement, shaking her head slightly as the waitress placed their food on the table. She wasn't too suprised he hadn't guessed the species. Not many people knew what a caracal was by scent alone.

”And me? Have you figured me out yet?”

She smirked in reply, raising her glass in a 'cheers' motion before taking another sip. She pretended to be very interested in her food for a moment before looking back up at Logan.

"You smell like the bayou... like water and bourbon...." she began, eyes never leaving his.

"You're a shifter, no doubt about it... but there's a definite feline edge... sort of like the cat you always see hanging around jazz bars and food joints..."

She toyed with her fork for a moment, biting her lip before speaking again.

"I suppose this means we'll have to find somewhere to shift later to see if we're right..." her voice was soft as she spoke, a hint of a dare to her words. Would he agree to go for a run with a random were he didn't know too well?
Logan Movero
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 01:25 PM

Group Icon

If there was one thing Logan loved more than anything else it was a game. A mind puzzle, or a flirtatious way to gain a friendship, or something more, with someone he met. Samira was like that, she loved playing the game, toying with people and their minds. She liked to make people think about things, contradict themselves. It was very interesting to actually listen to someone foreign opinion on a matter, especially someone that Logan was getting to know, and was interested in.

He raised in glass with her in her ‘cheers’ motion, as he took a drink, and went to take a bite of his food. She was returning his challenge at this point, and he lifted his sapphire blue eyes to watch her. He leaned forward a bit, resting his hands on the table-top between them. She said he smelled like bayou, water and burbon. He grinned at her. What an interesting scent combination. He supposed for someone like her, who wasn’t used to the Louisiana feel and smells, he would be very different. That alone intrigued him, and he kept his focus on her for a while, ignoring his very hot food.

When she finally went for what he actually was, he kept a cool and calm poker face as he listened to her nearly nail everything. A feline, but one that would almost be seen hanging out around bars and jazz joints. He gave a low chuckle, amused as he took another sip of his drink. It was mid drink that she offered something he didn’t expect. His eyebrows went up his forehead and he put his drink down. He thought a moment, watching her for a second or two before he smiled again, and gave her a wink.

”I s’pose you’re right.” He laughed a little “Maybe we can hit a few nice tourist like spots yeah, then I’ll show you the country life around ‘ere.” He lowered his chin a little, his devious smile back.

”Almost sounds like a date.”

Whether she would think about it as a date or not was left to be decided. Though he had a good idea for where to take her to get to know her a little first before he’d risk shifting with her. He didn’t doubt her abilities, or who she was or what she is. The animal that she was however was the challenge he was going to face. She wasn’t a small breed of feline, he knew many of those, she had to be something wild. A lion? Cougar? He didn’t know yet, she wasn’t familiar enough for him to know. He’d spent a lot of time at the zoo hanging around the big cats, getting to know their scents and their looks. He had toyed with the idea of shifting into a jaguar sometimes, but avoided that.

Unless he was way out in the Bayou…
Maybe he would take her to see some of the classic ‘voodoo’ hot spots, a tourist favorite. He’d show her a jazz bar, so she could hear the southern music at it’s finest. Then he would take her to a secret spot on the coast of Louisiana…where her feline could run free on the sands of Lousiana…

Naturally he wouldn’t tell her any of this…he’d just surprise her…
Samira Hassan
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 02:17 PM

Group Icon

Their game was getting all the more interesting as they started revealing more and more details about eachother. Or, rather, figured out more and more details. The only complaint she ever had about scenting a shifter was that they usually had so many different animal scents that the go-to shift could be hard to guess. The next logical step in this exchange was to actually shift and go for a run together. She hoped they'd be able to find a place where they could run without being spotted by humans. Mira didn't want to find out what would happen if someone saw a caracal in Bon Temps. The last thing she wanted was another lecture from her father about being careful.

”I s’pose you’re right. Maybe we can hit a few nice tourist like spots yeah, then I’ll show you the country life around ‘ere. Almost sounds like a date.”

Samira paused in the act of picking up her fork to begin eating, raising an eyebrow as she did so. A date? What he had described did sound like a date... but at the same time Samira was pretty sure that wasn't what he meant. After all, they had just met today and she would probably be moving on to the next town in a few days... possibly even going back north. The Arab woman smirked at him, resting the end of her fork on the table.

"So you're going to play tour guide are you?" she questioned. She still wasn't sure what to make of the 'date' comment, but she was ninety-eight percent sure he didn't mean it the way some people might think.

"As for it being a 'date'.... why do we always have to label these things? You're just a charming Southern gentleman showing some Yankee tourist around the sights," Samira added with a teasing grin. This was probably the only time she'd ever refer to herself as a Yankee, especially given that the term was reserved for a baseball team back in New York. She lifted her fork again, glancing briefly down at the food before looking back to Logan.

"Let's eat first, though. I haven't eaten since early this morning..." she said, looking back down to the gumbo she had ordered.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  REPLYNEW TOPICPOLL

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1867 seconds | Archive