TOGGLE CBOX
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) NEW REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

TO THEM THESE STREETS BELONG.
ELLIOTT MAXWELL
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 09:30 AM

34 | CABOOSE
Group Icon

Group: MALL RATS
Member No.: 225

user posted image
So, this is Elliott Maxwell. He’s thirty-four and at the moment he’s currently, kinda, almost in charge of some of the Mall Rats. He doesn’t really want to be but at the moment it’s a lesser of two evils thing. Before the zombie apocalypse started he was a mall cop and before that he was an actual cop, but he doesn’t really like to talk about that too much. Quite basically, he’s a nice guy who’d love nothing more than a nice quiet, stress-free life. Unfortunately that isn’t really on the cards now that the dead are walking. He prefers to make decisions based on what everyone wants rather than what he thinks they should do. He’s very much a make-the-best-of-a-bad-situation kind of guy. Despite not wanting to be in charge, he will take the time to listen to people if they have a problem and try to help them. However his patience is not eternal, annoy him enough and he’ll probably get more than a little pissy. I’m trying to avoid saying too much about Foster until someone takes her up, but he’s not the sort of guy to dislike people just because they want to follow her, unless they’re also annoying self-serving people who don’t really give a damn about the rest of the group; then they might have problems.

Basically, he’s needs everything; friends, enemies etc. I’d like him to at least a couple of people that he trusts, a few that annoy and maybe even a love interest sort of thing, but probably nothing too serious. And then there’s also the people who trust him to make decisions for them. And everyone else. (I’m no stranger to the throwing two people into a thread and see what happens approach to roleplay.)

UPDATE FEB 2012
Basically, since the outbreak Elliott has become an alcoholic, which has put a strain on any existing relationship that he might have had in the start. For a short while he will still be around and if cajoled enough will still help out, though it won’t be with any of his previous good grace or aplomb. And then, he will be leaving the mall for a few weeks –don’t worry, he will be back, but I need to get him out of circulation for a bit so he can try and pull himself back together. Basically what you should take from this is that Elliott isn’t very sociable at the moment and has a tendency to get a little pissy with people.

UPDATE AUG 2012
Elliott left the mall for about 6 weeks, just after the attack on the movie night. Then he came back to settle things with Mags. Now he's just sort of hanging around the little electronics store on the third level getting very drunk.
PM
^^^
JANE MUNROE
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 10:49 AM

25 | TIFF
Group Icon

Group: TARGET PRACTICE
Member No.: 48

jane is currently in the mall and might be there a while thanks to the hurricane. She would definitely be friends with Elliott because she can appreciate his plight of being stuck in a leadership position without actually wanting to be in said leadership position - not that that's happened to her or anything. No one's crazy enough to make Jane leader of anything. BUT ANYWAY she can bring levity into any situation and would always be willing to listen/talk to him about things.

Plus, if Elliott becomes friends with Jaxson or Dacre in the mall, she'd tag along to play drinking games.

I also have Arnie Gilbert (Nick Frost) who's British and visiting Texas en route to Comic Con when the zombie apocalypse hit so he's just kinda at the mall with his best friend Scotty. Arnie would definitely be a follower of Elliott (because he's totally the sidekick type) and would trust him to make the decisions at the mall. At some point, the mall rats could try to repair the damage done by the hurricane in which case Arnie would be all "Oh, captain my captain!" toward Elliott.
PM@
^^^
MORRIGAN MACDERMOTT
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 11:40 AM

Unregistered

Ok, I've calmed now so I'm going to throw my girls into the mix.

Morrigan is going to end up at the Mall at some point after a rogue comes to the frat pack and lets slip of the two MacDermott boys in the Mall. She's pretty much become a bit of a Nana to all who meet her. She's a sweetheart and I actually see her mothering him a lot, making sure the stress doesn't kill him etc. I have this really cute idea in my head of a thread for them... like after some big drama thing, he's off in his room being pensive and she can just knock the door all "I brought you a bit of chocolate from my secret stash... and some coffee...... and some whiskey to go in the coffee."

Jane raises a valid point, if he becomes friends with Jaxson or Dacre, and they're all playing drinking games... you know Nana M will drink them all under the table! Mwahahaha... nah, she'll help them with hangovers the next morning, fried brekkie style.

Then I have Holly, who needs plots badly! She was my first but I semi neglected her once Morrigan was made. She's an ex-reporter who was doing a piece on the riots when it all broke out. She's friends with the MacDermott boys, grew up living next door to them etc, I'm aiming for her to use her reporting skills to be the sort of mall counselor. She can talk to people, listen with an unbiased attitude etc, and she also records everything, documenting everything in hopes that someone might find it all one day... or if they survive, she'll get an award.

They could possibly know one another from when his partner died? A cop's murder would have been big news, maybe her station sent her down to report on it? Could be some history there? Good or bad.
^^^
ELLIOTT MAXWELL
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 12:38 PM

34 | CABOOSE
Group Icon

Elliott and Jane
    That sounds awesome! When she arrived at the mall Elliott probably would have had a bit of a paranoid moment and would want to know if she was infected, but after that I think he’d probably get along with her quite well. And post apocalyptic drinking games? What could possibly go wrong there?! I think one of the first things Elliott would have done after closing the mall down would be to find a couple of very large bottles of vodka xD. He probably wouldn’t get out of the mall all that much so he’d probably spend a lot of time trying to find out what she knows about what’s happening outside... which might get a bit annoying for her xD

Elliott and Arnie
    AW! I adore Nick Frost, he is one of the funniest men alive as shown by this clip. If he trusts Elliott, then Elliott will trust him. He might get a little worried if it seems people are blindly following him, but he probably wouldn’t say anything. I love the idea of them trying to repair things... it’d probably get to the point where he’s like ‘screw this, lets take a break and have a beer.’ In fact, until the beer runs out, that’s probably how most of their endeavours are going to go...

Elliott and Morrigan
    You’re right, that is a really cute idea. It’d be quite funny putting them together because Elliott is one of those people who’s really, really polite with older people so he’d probably have to keep stopping mid-sentence to apologise to her every time he swears, which I imagine will be quite a lot. He’d call her ma’am and everything. Then when she’s being all mothering and he’s not in the mood to put up with it, he’d probably snap, say something and then spend the next two weeks apologising for it.

Elliott and Holly
    YES! I would love it if she knew him from before, especially if she knew about his partner! It’s a massive sore spot for him, so he probably wouldn’t be too comfortable being stuck around someone that knew about it. How he treats her now would probably depend on how she reported it, if it was tasteful or just horrifically invasive. If she brought it up at a bad time when he was already in a bad mood, he would definitely lose his temper with her, especially if she tried to give him the ‘it wasn’t your fault’ speech.
PM
^^^
JANE MUNROE
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 03:34 PM

25 | TIFF
Group Icon

Group: TARGET PRACTICE
Member No.: 48

JANE AND ELLIOTT Well considering she and two other people just ran through a zombie horde to get to the mall, Jane would have a pretty accurate account of what's going on outside and wouldn't mind giving Ells information. It'd be pretty funny if he treated her with suspicion and gave her the stink eye initially and finally she'd be like "What?! Why do you keep looking at me like that?!" and he's all -shrug- 'Trying to figure out if you're gonna turn into a zombie ..' Jane would probably start moaning and saying 'Braaaains' or something.

ARNIE AND ELLIOTT Arnie likes to think of himself as a good judge of character so he'd come to the conclusion that Elliott is a good guy and worthy of trust. It wouldn't be completely blind trust. And LOL that pretty much sounds like an accurate account of Arnie + Anyone trying to fix stuff. I see a lot of half-finished projects in their future.

There's already one mall rat group thread up but another one can be started that's more "let's go repair stuff!" in the 'aftermath' section, if you're up for it. I don't mind starting something (maybe even with the NPC account just to set the scene). Let me know what you think!
PM@
^^^
ELLIOTT MAXWELL
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 04:00 PM

34 | CABOOSE
Group Icon

Elliott and Jane
    LOL. Yeah I think if she started moaning ‘brains’ he might just fall off his seat laughing, well, ok, to begin with he’d try to stay serious at first but after a minute or two he’d probably crack up and then be like ‘no, but seriously, are you going to try to eat our brains?’

Elliott and Arnie
    A thread like that sounds awesome and I’d totally be up for that! After reading some of your posts with him I definitely love him and I think Elliott would definitely enjoy his company =D I think it’d be great if they all got geared up to do the repairs and then suddenly realised that none of them know the first thing about DIY.
PM
^^^
JAXSON MACDERMOTT
Posted: Feb 24 2011, 06:10 PM

Unregistered

It's about time I post up in this mutha! Haha. So here is infamous Jaxson. He is a thirty five year old construction worker that was among the few who helped lock down the mall when everything went to hell. His look is a bit intimidating, but he is a pretty down to earth kind of guy. I see him breaking up a lot of fights between others since he has the muscle power to back him up. At current, he is pretty neutral when it comes to the power struggle between -- Foster and Maxwell. He is not going to take sides and has made it clear by now. The small group that have decided to do the same is mostly who he hangs with, though I don't see why these two would not be social. Jaxson has no doubt helped rig a lot of things since he has experience in the construction field, which makes him a great asset for the hurricane damage coming up! This Irish-Swiss is also a drinker, but for the first few weeks he was not doing anything heavy as he was worried about his younger brother Aiden. Once Aiden gets settled in the mall (we currently have a thread going where he finally got here with Jane and Tina), then it might be a whole new ball game with the drinking. I see a few good similarities with these two, but a difference is Jaxson will make a choice for others if he needs to and not hesitate. A possible idea could be for Maxwell to bounce some things off Jaxson, maybe even ask advice or admit he has no idea what to do when it comes to being a leader? In some odd way, Jaxson is his own leader, but not claiming the title since he feels it is all about team work with everyone (I think he would though if Elliot ever felt he was not good enough). I will leave it up to you if you think Jaxson would be a trust worthy guy in Elliot's eyes smile.gif
^^^
ELLIOTT MAXWELL
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 03:46 AM

34 | CABOOSE
Group Icon

Elliott and Jaxson
    Elliott would definitely appreciate that Jaxson doesn’t want to take sides and it would probably be nice for him to have someone neutral to talk to from time to time. Really, I think he’d just be glad that Jaxson wasn’t looking to him all the time. And I love the idea of him being someone that Elliott can go to, though he’s not really a person who’ll straight up admit that he has a problem, he’s probably skirt around the issue for a bit before he actually gets to the point and asks for advice. And I think drinking is must just because it would be more relaxing for him to drink around someone that hasn’t taken a side. It’ll probably end up all; ‘look, I know you don’t want to take sides and you don’t have to, but I have a full bottle of scotch here and if I drink it all by myself it might just kill me.’ xD Oh and Jaxson can totally laugh at Elliott’s complete and utter lack of DIY skills. =D
PM
^^^
MORRIGAN MACDERMOTT
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 05:26 AM

Unregistered

Morrigan
I think Nana M will love him! She will appreciate the politeness, though she might rib him a little for it, telling him it makes her feel old... or a matron lol. And she swears a little too, but again, she'll appreciate the apologies, at least he thinks. She'd likely ask him to give Jaxson a few pointers on etiquette! As for the snapping... YES! I'd love it to happen somewhere public, just to see everyone's reactions lol.

Holly
First off, it would have been tasteful. Holly would slap your 'tash for mistaking her as a tabloid reporter, full of speculation and gossip! Her father raised her better than that, to find the facts and report the truth. It's how she became the darling reporter of the station! I love the drama it could bring! I think she'd try to respect it, but there's bound to be some bits when she's just trying to help and it goes too far. There's gonna be some fireworks me thinks!
^^^
TOBI CHAN
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 02:11 PM

Unregistered

Tobi and Elliot
If he is a friend of Jaxson's he will for sure see Tobi glued to his side.
Elliot doesn't seem like a scary guy at all so Tobi would
for sure think of him as yet another uncle in the mall rat pack.
You know wanting to play games with him and ask him a ton of questions
and what not.
^__^
^^^
ELLIOTT MAXWELL
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 02:42 PM

34 | CABOOSE
Group Icon

Elliott and Morrigan
    Ha, him doing it in front of people would be awesome. There’d be like a second or two after he finished speaking and he’d be all ‘oh crap… sorry.’ And then there’s a stunned silence before everyone starts laughing xD

Elliott and Holly
    Fireworks are pretty much a definite. And I’m thinking that at some point he’d say to her that he doesn’t want anyone knowing about what happened to his partner because he doesn’t think people will trust him as much if they know. Oh and if you ever want to throw them in a thread just let me know.

Elliott and Tobi
    Aww, he’s so cute! I don’t think Elliott would be great with a child of Tobi’s age, but he would certainly try to make the effort, which in itself would probably be pretty funny. He’d definitely go out of his way to make sure Tobi was alright though because he has a bit of a thing for standing up for the weak and vulnerable.
PM
^^^
JAXSON MACDERMOTT
Posted: Feb 26 2011, 04:00 PM

Unregistered

Sounds great so far for these two! I am going to try and get Jaxson in the roof fixing thread when ever I get time to catch up on some threads and post. It is nice to see Elliot doing his best and trying to fix it even if he does not have the right skills xD
^^^
ALEXANDRIA SERRANO
Posted: Mar 2 2011, 01:16 AM

33 | DAINE
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

LEXI && ELLIOT

We're definitely going to have to plot these two together. Pregnant Lexi was the first person Elliot saved after she got pushed down in the chaos that was the mall when the world fell apart. She's keeping to herself the fact that her mom died giving birth to her and consequently her greatest fear in life is childbirth, but I think Elliot's pretty much one of the only people she'll talk to right now and she'd tell him about this fear eventually. I can see them fighting, too, because Lexi hates being pitied and looked at like she's going to pop any minute. Also, maybe they've got some confused romantic feelings for each other borne out of vulnerability and the fact that he saved her?
Basically, lots of drama and a confusing, unpredictable friendship/relationship/craziness is what I see for these two. What do you think?
PM
^^^
ELLIOTT MAXWELL
Posted: Mar 2 2011, 08:09 AM

34 | CABOOSE
Group Icon

Elliott and Lexi
    You’re right, we definitely must plot, there is far too much awesomeness for us not to! He’d probably treat her with kid-gloves because, you know, she’s like a walking time-bomb but at the same time he’d definitely understand and sympathise with how it probably makes her feel a little helpless because that’s how he felt when his partner was murdered. And, yeah, I think they’d definitely argue, to begin with Elliott would probably just put it down to hormones and try and ignore it but eventually, because he’s under so much pressure, he’ll probably snap at her, which’d be funny because he’d probably have to go back to her five minutes later to apologise (because he’s polite like that xD ) And I would absolutely love if they had some weird sort of confused feelings for each other; he wouldn’t want to take advantage though so I don’t know if he’d actually do anything about any feeling he had towards her. Plus he’s been single since his divorce two years ago so when it comes to stuff like that he’s just awkward xD

If you want to throw them in a thread let me know! I have an absurd amount of spare time at the moment =D
PM
^^^
ALEXANDRIA SERRANO
Posted: Mar 2 2011, 10:31 AM

33 | DAINE
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

LEXI && ELLIOTT

Lexi is pretty outgoing and ignores normal social convention when it comes to romance so if things got all awkward in between them she might just make the first move, if she's feeling it. XD I think it's funny and cute he's so polite. If he snapped at Lexi and then came back to apologize five minutes later (depending on the hormones) she could forgive him or just snap at him again. I really have no clue what might happen with this two since Lexi's all over the place right now and especially because she has some feelings for him. *pushes Lexi into thread* I'm definitely up for throwing them into a thread together. Would you mind starting? Or I could put Lexi in a thread that Elliott's already in, if that's easier for you?
PM
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONSPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » NEW REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3593 seconds · Archive