TOGGLE CBOX
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

YOUNG, MONICA.
MONICA YOUNG
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:45 AM

Unregistered

monica shari youngPLAYBY ~ AMBER HEARD• twenty-one • salty dogs • vagabond •two years he walks the earth. no phone, no pool, no pets, no cigarettes. ultimate freedom. an extremist. an aesthetic voyager whose home is the road. escaped from atlanta. thou shalt not return, 'cause "the West is the best." And now after two rambling years comes the final and greatest adventure. the climactic battle to kill the false being within and victoriously conclude the spiritual pilgrimage. ten days and nights of freight trains and hitchhiking bring him to the great white north. no longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees, and walks alone upon the land to become lost in the wild.I first read that quote when I was sixteen years old, and I fell in love. The person that Christopher McCandless was and the journey he took gave me a taste of the freedom I never thought I'd have, and I wanted more so badly it ached in my heart and my lungs and my bones. I wasn't from Atlanta, rather Baltimore, and my home really was much like the Cleaver household, but I was bored with my life and my cookie cutter friends and being the ever-spoiled only child. I was sick of the snobby Howard County socialites and the lacrosse games played on turf fields and the stupid make-your-own frozen yogurt joints. I wanted to see everything and I thought the only way to make that happen was to go to college. But Into the Wild changed everything. From that point on, I wanted to pick up my things and leave. My dream was to one day start walking and to never stop.... to live out of a backpack with no electronics, no car, nothing. Just me and my backpack and whatever knowledge I picked up along the way.That is exactly what I did. I pushed through the last two years of high school, all the while formulating a plan in my head for my great escape. The day of graduation was one that could not come quickly enough. On that day, I had a carefully packed bag hidden under my passenger's seat in my car.... I couldn't wait to do what I needed to do and get out of that town. That morning, I kissed my mother on the cheek, gave my father a hug, and told them I'd see them after the ceremony. I lied. I was the last in my class to walk because of my last name, so when they called my name I stepped out into the spotlight for the last time, walked across the stage to collect my diploma, and carefully exited the stage. I was told to go back to my seat, sit, and wait for the final speech to be made. Instead, I took my opportunity as the commotion that comes with the end of graduation commenced, and walked straight out of the stadium that graduation was being held in. I made a quick stop at my car, grabbed my backpack, took off my cap and gown, left a quick note on my windshield (I'm sorry, Mom, but I need to be going now), and started walking.And that is what I have been doing ever since.At first it was a lot of hitchhiking, finding work where I could (though usually under the table, as I'd left my ID and social security card behind) and sleeping under the stars each night. I knew what I was doing from a good bit of extensive searching on wilderness survival, so I didn't have too many issues. I missed my family, but that's as far as it went. I found my calling, and that was living on my own, travelling. I was a vagabond at last! But then, the zombies hit. I was in Houston, working at this bar on the water under the table for extra cash.I was scrubbing out a toilet someone had puked in (lovely work, I know). Out of the blue sometime in early May, someone walked into .......... (to be continued• COLLEEN • 19 • FEMALE • EST •
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONS LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1022 seconds | Archive