TOGGLE CBOX
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Times...they are a changin', 32 | Chris O'Dowd | Police officer
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 01:24 PM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

Group: MALL RATS
Member No.: 1,160

times they are a changin'
BETTER START SWIMMIN' OR YOU'LL SINK LIKE A STONE
Meet Dale. He was once a husband, a father to-be and a police officer. Now? He's just Dale. He's thirty two, he lives with the Mallrats and has a little ballsy terrier called Dylan. Yes, you've guessed it- he's pretty keen on Bob Dylan. He lost his wife, and the sad thing is he doesn't even know if she's dead or alive- he's sort of, come to terms with the fact that she's not coming back.

Dylan is a patient and gentle creature, but not the sort of person you should overlook in the wit department. Whilst he might be a bit of a goof- it is usually to keep moral high, and chase depression from the door as, in the current climate- it is something he sees all too much. He puts others before himself, he's great with kids and he has the ability to read people before they're even aware of how they're feeling- most likely due to his police training. He thrives off intuition, and- though he doesn't look it, he's actually pretty able where survival skills are concerned.

He can be moody. He suffers horribly with jealousy when it goes unchecked. He can be blunt and he does, from time to time, have enough of being the butt of everyone's jokes. Having said that, he is patient to the degree of saintly, and- he tolerates more than he probably should.

He's looking for literally everything, love, friendship- literally anything. Don't be afraid to take a piece :3 Feel free to add me on aim: xocapturedox if you want to plot in detail :3

<3 brooklyn @ 1, 2, & 3.
PM@
^^^
MAGDALENA LEEUWENHOEK
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 06:36 AM

27 | NINJA
Group Icon

Member No.: 255

Mags wants Dale for her team, given his profession or former profession. She was undercover for the CIA as a socialite chasing down a terrorist all the way to the altar. In her defense he proposed and she was supposed to be his confidante, anyways. She'll frown on his goofiness but won't say anything about rather she'll give him a look that for Mags means stops and maybe for Dale means Stop making a fool of yourself dammit.

Apart from him being goofy, Mags though militant she may appear, can be nice/civil. She's dealing issues with her identity and not remembering who she is anymore.

Plotting between these two? Yes? Feel free to recycle, adapt and etc. <3

P.S. Welcome aboard Ana!!
PM@
^^^
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 07:12 AM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

Dale & Mags
Oh yes yes!! Hai Ninja :3

I like this idea... simply because Dale is so used to being so self-reliant he often forgets that there are other people around. He's goofy, usually to keep himself chipper and sane- so having someone to ground him might be useful- and the fact that she's younger than him is also an interesting twist. He's a sweetheart, a real sold fixture in everyone's lives he touches. I think this could be a really interesting interaction...

I have... Feels. This needs to be explored-- especially if Dale can take the unwitting confidante role in her life- the sort of- unsuspecting, somewhat unlikely best friend role- that'd be really awesome!

Thank you! Glad to be hur (; Excited to get stuck in too (:

code by ANA?! <3
PM@
^^^
FLO SHOFRANKA
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 09:51 AM

20 | KRYS
Group Icon

Member No.: 572

It's ok, Dale and Flo and some of the others can be all kinds of goofy behind Mama Bear's back. smile.gif
PM@
^^^
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 10:54 AM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

LOL- Dale is gonna get henpecked-- I can see it now. LMAO!
PM@
^^^
MAGDALENA LEEUWENHOEK
  Posted: Apr 7 2012, 04:05 PM

27 | NINJA
Group Icon

Member No.: 255

FORGIVE THE CAPS AND THE BREVITY FOR I AM IN A RUSH.

BASICALLY I CONCRU TO ALL THE ABOVE AND STUFF NEED TO HAPPEN AND BE EXPLORED AND ALL THAT LOVELY JVOELY THINGS. Aim me?

lightningandsnow

Or pm me even in one of my accounts, Magdalena's I'm partial to but regardless for thos rushed message. Team Mags. Oh btw the mall rats have recently been invaded by zombies. Gamewise they're taken care of there's a mall rats group thread hidden along the Food Court forum.

I gots to het catch you later
PM@
^^^
ALEXANDRIA SERRANO
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 01:10 AM

33 | DAINE
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

LEXI && DALE

Lexi and Dale are like the matching pieces from the wrong puzzles and must be plotted together. =)

Lexi was nearly seven months pregnant when the zombie apocalypse started. She was the first rescued by Elliott Maxwell and hasn't left the mall since. She gave birth in staff lounge in the middle of July and currently has a 3 month old baby girl named Amelia. Lexi has also pretty much adopted the other child resident of the mall, four-year old Tobi Chan. Lexi has no idea her husband Henry is alive and has pretty much given up on seeing him again since he missed the birth of their daughter.

Lexi is smart, independent, emotional, short-tempered, and difficult to put up with. She snapped at pretty much everyone in the mall at some point while she was pregnant and burned a lot of bridges being grouchy and generally ill-tempered. She's mellowed some since having the baby, but that has a lot to do with her priorities changing; her kids are everything and she's incredibly protective of them.

I can totally see Lexi avoiding Dale originally, if only to keep herself from using him as a substitute for her husband. I kind of see them now being like a weird little support group. Or more? Lexi is finally coming to believe that Henry isn't coming back...but actually he is. Henry will be in the mall shortly, bringing with him much drama, and Lexi will probably be really angry with him and looking for a way to lash out.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling, but we should definitely find a way to plot these two. =)

PM
^^^
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 01:48 AM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

Dale & Lexi
Daine. I am literally salivating right now. You have no idea- That is so juicy it rivals my breakfast mango |: We MUST plot them together. I think Dale would feel very comfortable in her presence- she's very much like what I envisaged his wife to be like. OH DEAR LORD and the fact that her husband will be coming back- this is literally too juicy to drop.

Dale has been in the Mall pretty much from the start, so I guess they'd have a fairly deep knowledge of one another. He is very wary, he finds it hard to let people in given what's happened, but the fact that she is a woman with a small baby to look after... He'd be at her beck and call, quite literally. I can also see him fostering a very deep fondness of her, a fondness that simply because of his nature, would grow exponentially and he'd find it very difficult not to become attached to her daughter completely.

The reappearance of her husband would be- entirely gut wrenching for him. It'd shatter that delicate shroud he'll have formed around them. He'll lose it, probably avoid them at all costs for a while simply to facilitate a semblance of dealing with the situation. In reality, he'd just hurt, a whole lot. He's a very deep, gentle character and whilst he doesn't WANT to let people in, he does so unwittingly...and then feels it when things go wrong. There's a lot of self-flagellation involved.

I like the idea of a 'support group'. That is a really nice notion. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it went a lot deeper than that. Dale really is the kind of guy to go out scavenging and hunting during the day, and will at least try to do everythin in his power to get back before all the kids are put to bed. He's the kind of guy who'll tell ridiculous stories to keep the kids smiling, and the sort who doubles as a brilliant mattress for kids to snuggle up on- so I'm pretty sure that she's come across him, at one stage, with a baby on his chest and a couple of kids using him as a pillow.

He'd hold her when she was scared,or cold, or whatever... and not expect anything more. So-- I guess you might say she could feel safe around him? Ugh... This plot needs to be explored. In great depth |: Yes. Or Yes. |: <3

code by ANA?! <3
PM@
^^^
ACE MESSNER
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:22 AM

28 | LIINEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 871

HALLAW ANA.

I adore Chris O’Dowd. Ace can’t match my adoration but he can see the potential of a friendship.

He too is a kind soul, almost to the point of completely oblivious to their current situation and overly blasé. But he means well, all in all. He has a mutt called Jack, henceforth referred to as ‘Dylan’s best friend’. I have no specific plot idea for these two, but I conclude FRANDS4EVUR. Add/subtract.

PM@
^^^
ALEXANDRIA SERRANO
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:31 AM

33 | DAINE
Group Icon

LEXI && DALE

I'm so excited that you're so excited. Seriously. We absolutely must plot these two.

I love what you're saying about the relationship between these two. Lexi pushed everybody away in the beginning and was really depressed, then she was just super grouchy until she had the baby. And with Dale being like her husband's doppelganger, I can see her keeping him at arm's length. But now, with the baby? Lexi has been trying to work on repairing some of the bridges she burnt in the few few months of the apocalypse and I'm thinking once she gave Dale a chance the two of them just stuck like glue. Especially because she needs help with the baby.

I can totally see these two having a really deep bond, especially as she starts to accept that she will probably never see her husband again and as she needs more help with Ames. At first, Lexi didn't let hardly anybody get anywhere near the baby, let alone hold her, but I see Dale being an exception here. And you're right, support group isn't a deep enough word. Fondness is a good word for it. It's almost like they let themselves slide into this little fantasy where the two of them and the baby are a family, but it's a very delicate illusion to fill the voids in their lives. This deeper relationship would be more recent, like last 3 months, because Lexi has changed a lot since the baby was born (before that most everybody at least disliked her and she was really ill-tempered). Lexi would also probably be a little hesitant because she developed feelings for the Mall Rat leader Elliott Maxwell and it kind of blew up in her face.

She can be really temperamental and emotional, requiring some patience, and I'm sure she would have been pretty nervous about having a dog near the baby, at least at first. Lexi is pretty rough around the edges.

I could totally see them ending up together, as if they weren't necessarily meant to be together but sort of fell into place out of mutual loss and stuck that way, if Henry were actually dead, but her husband Henry will be showing up soon. However, Henry's stuck in blonde baby mama drama. Jaimie Mallack drugged him and made him believe that they'd slept together and will be conning Henry into thinking he knocked her up so that he'll protect her. So when Henry comes to the mall it'll be with the belief that he's cheated on Lexi. And Lexi is going to be so angry. I could totally see her turning to Dale, both to get back at Henry and because of their bond. (So much plot drama!) Willing to throw Dale to the plot drama wolves? lol

PM
^^^
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:47 AM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

Dale & Ace
OH HALLOW THUR LINEN!

Two laid-back, easy going guys and their dogs. Sounds like a television program in the making 0-0 I see a lot of zombie 'fishing' down by the lake, with warm beers and deck chairs. I think they'd get on swimmingly and Dylan can always do with a playmate... he's got energy that knows no bounds :| Bit of a handful at times... unless they've been running from a herd or something- then he'll sleep for days on end.

I really like that Ace is nonchalant and entirely blasé about what's happening- makes for easier communication with Dale, because Dale lives for the moment. Mostly because its all he's got. BESTFRANSFOREVAR! 0-0 -fistbump-

Dale & Lexi
PLOTTING MUST HAPPEN! It has been written, thus it shall be :| LOL

I hope the wolves are hungry? That's all I'm sayin' LOL Seriously though... I'm loving this and it is REALLY exciting :|

I really like that they are both sort of, broken- and in need of fixing? Great thing is... Dale will be there for her regardless of how much he's hurting because he rarely thinks of himself and his feelings before others. Regardless of how much the situation fucks him over ('scuse my language), he'll still be everyone's rock, and shoulder. Ugh-- this is superior in excitement terms and I can't wait to see how they interact!! (: I can really see them as huggy-snuggly-tactile friends who have a deeper sort of yearning / fondness. the sort where Dale gives forehead kisses / cheek kisses... but never on the lips. Sort of awkward in its own cute type of way... SO EXCITED

code by ANA?! <3
PM@
^^^
ALEXANDRIA SERRANO
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:59 AM

33 | DAINE
Group Icon

LEXI && DALE

I can really see them as huggy-snuggly-tactile friends who have a deeper sort of yearning / fondness. the sort where Dale gives forehead kisses / cheek kisses... but never on the lips. Sort of awkward in its own cute type of way... SO EXCITED

AGREE

I'm loving this whole awkward, cute, too friendly to be friendly because it's not but it is sort of thing they've got going. And pre-apocalypse Lexi would so not be down for any of this (she'd probably punch him), but post-apocalypse, post-having a baby Lexi allows it and doesn't know why. Because it just works. You're right, they're totally broken, and though the pieces don't fit quite right, they still kind of fall into place with each other. It makes some strange sense that they can't explain. But it all seems kind of fragile, maybe because they both are. Like either one could snap at any minute, but then there would just be more broken pieces to add to the mix. I'm not sure which I'm more excited about now: how Lexi and Dale interact or how Dale and Henry will interact.

Either way, we should get a thread going for these two asap!

EDIT: Also, I just realized this would be the only relationship in history where accidentally calling the other person the wrong name would work because they'd both have their spouses on their minds and understand how broken that makes them. If that makes any sense at all. =P

PM
^^^
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:41 AM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

Dale & Lexi
OMFG YOU AGREE!! This has made my day |: You have no idea. LOL GETOUTOFMYBRAIN!? <3

I'll stick a thread up for them asap because, and I'm not gonna lie-- I can't wait. I totally get what you mean! They'd be apologetic about the mistake, but sad as well... ugh. So fractured ;__; LOL

code by ANA?! <3
PM@
^^^
HENRY SERRANO
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 05:14 AM

41 | GG
Group Icon

Group: MALL RATS*
Member No.: 663

SRTGJZFNFBDFGSDFHGJF SZTJGNGSD

HELLO MY NAME IS GG AND I MAY BE IN LOVE WITH YOU.

So anyway, I'm just popping in here to throw Mr. Serrano at you. He's Lexi's husband, taught history at the university before all the world went to hell, and he's probably the most tolerant guy on the planet. Or he was. He still tries to be but losing his wife has really stretched him beyond himself.

Anyway, he's convinced that Lexi is still alive somewhere, if only because acknowledging that she might not be would destroy him. He was in Melrose Heights to start with, having helped a bunch of people from the university to escape, but when the building collapsed he relocated to Sam's Club. He is still actively seeking out Lexi and carries with him a pack of photos of her so he can show them to everyone he encounters, in hopes that someone will have information on her. But the longer he's gone on without word on her, the more unstable he's become. He suffers from major depression, and is getting closer and closer to the brink each day. His anxiety over not finding his wife or child is also compounded by the fact that he believes he slept with Jaimie Malack, and that he's gotten her pregnant too. It's devastating him because he is actually 100% faithful to his wife and wants nothing more than to get her back and to care for her and their daughter, but as time goes on it looks less and less likely that that will ever happen.

Long story short, he's at least as damaged as Lexi. Likely more so. But he means well?

SO YES. I am so excited to watch the drama unfold. As Daine said, when Henry eventually shows up it'll be with fake!pregnant Jaimie in tow, and because he's the most honest guy in the world he'll have to tell Lexi, and I'm guessing heads will roll she won't take the news too well. And I believe there was mention of Lexi going to Dale for support/to stick it to Henry? I can guarantee that'll break Henry's heart. XDDD Which obviously means I'm gung ho all for it. Poor Henry can't get a break.

The saddest part for me is admitting that I don't think Henry will even fight it. He's harbouring some intense guilt about Jaimie and not finding Lexi sooner so if Lexi latches on to someone else, he'll accept that he deserves it. Admittedly not with much grace, probably much self-destruction behind closed doors, all that fun stuff. He probably won't like Dale much on principle, and it'll kill him to see Lexi being cutesy with another man, but Henry's damaged goods already. He's the sort who will blame himself instead of getting angry at the other guy.

That said I imagine Henry will probably take Dale aside and give him a stern lecture about how he doesn't like it but he understands it and if he hears so much as a whisper that Dale's not treating Lexi right there will be hell to pay. STERN HUSBAND LECTURE, GO!

I HAVE MORE THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD BUT THIS IS ALREADY A NOVEL SO I WILL STICK THESE FEELERS OUT AND LET YOU ADD/EDIT/DELETE AS YOU SEE FIT. YAY!
PM@
^^^
DALE BRENNAN
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 05:32 AM

32 | ANA
Group Icon

Dale & Hennerz
OMFG- ILOVEYOU!

Seriously. This is... just-- ugh possibly one of the most emotional and gut wrenching plots that I've ever had the fortune of stumbling into! I really like it already, and that rarely happens- I can just feel Dale being all in the middle, and torn... AND ITS AMAZING! intense.

Ok, so... Dale- and i can't lie about this, Dale would... most likely jump back at a thousand miles a minute when he realises who Henry actually is. He doesn't feel like its his place to be comforting her as it is- heck, they've only confessed that they're friends (even though people watching them get different ideas... and they are entirely unaware of it). He's not competitive either, so I think them both clashing and backing down pretty much instantly would be kinda sweet. He's not the sort to rush head on into a fight, and he'd really... really find it hard that Lexi had her husband back- and he was, again... on his own. Initially, he'd just be completely overwhelmed, unable to comprehend what happened...and I mean- were he to be holding the baby he'd hand her back and awkwardly back into the shadows.

I think the whole situation would shake the fragile foundations he's laid down more than Henry would care to realise. He wouldn't, in his heart of hearts, want to take Henry's family from him, he's just found them again. Having said that, there is that sliver of a selfish streak that surfaces in him where he'll feel hard done by... he's protected them, and fed them, and kept them warm and happy... and now he's just expected to back off. He kind of sees them as his family, he's been a stable fixture for a good few months- Y'know? I dunno how he'd react to it (though I really want to explore it)... probably be all brooding and moody for a while and play the avoidance card, as previously described.

I think, if the two men ignored the differences and just accepted each other... they'd get on well! But- just as Henry would see red, I think Dale would feel defensive and yet... he'd probably go all introspective and withdrawn, which is very dangerous as far as he's concerned. The introspection will revert to a cavalier attitude and he'd take unnecessary risks just for the sake of adrenaline rush. I'm not talking dancing with Zombies-- but close. LOL

Either way, if Henry ever needed a guy to talk to- despite everything between them... Dale would be there for him. Just like he's there for everyone. He's able to detach his emotion and existence from things enough to be able to tolerate. No matter how much it tears him up.

We must plot moar. I am in love with you. End. Feel free to add / subtract / divide / multiply / square root...

code by ANA?! <3
PM@
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

TOPIC OPTIONSPages: (2) [1] 2  LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0825 seconds · Archive