TOGGLE CBOX
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

THIS IS JUST A GAME, tag: Randall
ZELDA LYNCH
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 08:43 AM

Unregistered

shot down in a blaze now you're lost, without a traceFssss.A second arrow whizzed by, burying itself into the skull of a rather attractive looking young zombie. There fortunately wasn't an entire horde to deal with - if that were the case, Zelda wouldn't be sitting here atop a museum statue, rapidly taking down zombies. She'd be running for her life, or at least hiding in the museum for as long as it took. It was only about ten or so, and she could handle that many, especially with Archu daring back and forth taking them down. He never bit them - he hated how they tasted, and could you blame him? The half-shepherd's sheer size and weight was enough to fell the largest of zombies - and that wasn't hard because the largest of zombies used to be the largest of people and therefore squishy. Gross.She gasped to hear someone breathing hard behind her, and her foot immediately shot out of its crouching position to land in the face of whoever it was. Yep. Undead, trying to be a ninja. You couldn't be a proper ninja if you were growling and gurgling uncontrollably. The thing was promptly dispatched by an arrow to the skull just like the others, and Zelda calmly took back her arrow as it fell to its death behind her. The others had already had their throats slashed by Archu, who was coming up to his owner just now with wagging tail and bright eyes."That's five for me and...how many for you?" Zelda scratched behind the dog's ears and looked out at the mess in front of them. "Mmm. Six. You're too fast for me." The dog nuzzled into her hand before she climbed back up onto the statue, bow still drawn, arrows at the ready. The breeze carried the faint stench of dead zombie rotting flesh into her nose; she and everyone else still left alive had already become used to that smell mixed with the smell of complete and utter destruction. "I mean....just six, Archu? Next time you gotta do better, okay?"© snap boom pow!
^^^
RANDALL JONES
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 09:55 AM

Unregistered

THIS IS JUST A GAME--ALL THE PLACES I'VE BEEN; ALL THE THINGS THAT I'VE SEEN--At first he thought he was seeing things. There was a statue outside the museum shooting zombies. Upon closer inspection, however, he realised it was actually a girl perched up there like Chief Sitting Bull facing down the cowboys with a bow and arrows. Her mutated beast of a dog frolicked among them, taking down his own fair share, and Randall surmised that she was either crazy, or utterly confident in her abilities to take on a swarm that size. From the looks of things, he had to admit - she was a good shot; much better than Randall himself. His attempts to practice with the bow hed found had been frustrating to say the least - after missing almost every time, hed finally given up.But now that seemed like a hasty decision. It was a very effective weapon in the right hands, and he wondered if she might be willing to teach him a few tricks - or even if she might know where he could lay his hands on a crossbow. Firing up his truck, Randall moved slowly towards the thinning crowd, nudging those zombies that had started to stray back into the firing line. His window was rolled down just enough to look over without being grabbed by undead hands - he wasnt getting out until he knew that dog wasnt going to rip out his throat or something equally dramatic. Hi there, he called out, as the girl dropped the last of the zombies and retrieved her arrows. Nice shooting. Id like to make you a proposition - no, wait, that came out wrong - Randall laughed awkwardly. I meanId like to trade. Skills for food, or whatever. You see Ive got this bow -He was beginning to see that it was going to be quite difficult to conduct a conversation from inside his truck, and apart from anything else, he could barely make himself heard over the noise of the engine. Am I safe to come out, or is your dog going to eat me? he asked, in a somewhat nervous tone. Hed never really been a dog person, and this one looked like zombies werent enough to satisfy the bloodlust. As a precaution, he reached into his bag and pulled out some jerky, dropping it through the window as a peace offering.TAGGED: ZELDA. WORDS: 393. OUTFIT: HERE. NOTES: SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.made by marv @ atf
^^^
ZELDA LYNCH
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 09:37 AM

Unregistered

shot down in a blaze now you're lost, without a traceZelda whirled at the sound of the man's voice, eyes darting about to see where it came from. Her eyes fell on a rather large truck, mowing down zombies as it moved slowly in her direction, then stopped. Impressive. A truck was something that hadn't exactly crossed her mind when she was looking for a place to stay - not that she liked staying in one place. If she felt comfortable driving a truck, maybe she would've tried it. But trucks required gas, and feet were fine as long as you were fast and agile. Which she and Archu both were, to an extent. She was no superhuman, but she could take care of herself.She nodded slowly at his words, not speaking just yet, hand on Archu's head gently. At the word 'bow', her eyes widened. "Skills for supplies? No one's ever asked me that one before." Zelda had helped a few people, but it was free of charge; if they happened to be getting chased by some zombies, she'd take out said zombies and hurry away before they could smother her with gratitude. Gratitude was something she never had really been sure how to respond to. Glancing down at Archu, she gave the dog a scratch before looking back up at the man in the truck. "Come on out. He doesn't go after the living unless he knows they're trying to hurt me. " In response, Archu's ears perked up, and the big dog trotted over to investigate the jerky dropped outside of the truck. In seconds, he'd swallowed it and was looking up at the window expectantly, tail wagging hard. In a normal house, in a normal world, that tail would've knocked over many precious valuables. Chuckling lightly, Zelda walked over to them. "Yeah...you're pretty okay with him, now. I swear food is the way to his heart."© snap boom pow!
^^^
RANDALL JONES
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:37 AM

Unregistered

THIS IS JUST A GAME--ALL THE PLACES I'VE BEEN; ALL THE THINGS THAT I'VE SEEN--He gave the girl a dubious look, glancing between her and the large beast that she'd called something like Archu - which, in his opinion, sounded like a sneeze. 'Right,' he said slowly, depositing another few scraps of jerky through the window slot before opening the door and edging out whilst her dog was occupied filling his belly. 'Everybody's better when they ain't hungry.' Sadly, he couldn't include zombies in that generalisation.'Like I was sayin' -' Randall continued, moving around the back to open up the large doors. 'I've got this bow - here, look -' he reached in and grabbed the Genesis Pro hunting model, hefting it out for her inspection. It was brand new and barely used, except for a few abortive attempts at target shooting in his warehouse hideout. 'I can't hit shit with it but the uh...the brochure says it's the best.' He spoke with the air of a man not used to quoting promotional material - or the word brochure.'If you can teach me how to use it, you can have whatever you need from in here -' he waved a hand at the inner sanctum of his truck, stocked as it was with cans and MREs, bottles of water, batteries, a variety of weapons, ammunition, and a prodigious amount of spare parts. Randall had made an artform out of looting, but as of yet had no use for much of it in his self-sufficient world. Thus far, only Martha had realised the potential of having him as an ally. 'I was headed for the library,' he said conversationally. 'It's got those galleries, y'know, probably perfect for target practice.' Of course, that wasn't the only reason he needed the library; in the post-internet age, learning how to work radio equipment meant going back to basics. That, and he couldn't spend the rest of the apocalypse reading outdated gossip magazines - that way lay certain madness. 'So? What d'you say?'TAGGED: ZELDA. WORDS: 347. OUTFIT: HERE. NOTES: PEANUT IS A SLOW EDITOR.made by marv @ atf
^^^
ZELDA LYNCH
Posted: May 6 2012, 04:14 PM

Unregistered

shot down in a blaze now you're lost, without a traceIf Archu was okay with him, he shouldn't be a danger. The big dog could eat faster than he could blink, and in seconds he was following the man around the back door, probably wanting more. Zelda called him back to her side with a low whistle just as he pulled an impressive looking bow from the back - Genesis Pro, it said. She hadn't had much experience with bow names, unfortunately - she hadn't exactly gotten a chance to visit many sports stores, and being an archer had been the last thing on her mind back then. Her bow was the best thing she could've made, and to be honest, she was quite proud of it even if it was a bit battered and crude. It was strong, which was what mattered."I won't lie to you," she said, taking the bow and inspecting it. Good for hunting, obviously. Made from strong wood, and she felt the string's tautness when she gave it a few experimental tugs. "This one I'm using? I made it. Kind of a trial and error thing, but it does a good job. Arrows, too." She turned the bow over in her hand. "But I can show you." Her brows arched with interest at the amount of stuff in the man's truck - she could see why he'd be willing to part with some of it in exchange for lessons in archery. "Someone's good at scavenging. Could open your own shop."Library was a good spot. Galleries were definitely good for target practice - who'd be around to admire the artwork? The zombies? These days, the most valued artwork was the amount of bodies that you could pile up artistically. "Good idea," she responded, giving Archu a scratch behind his pointed ears. "And...I say, sure, why not. I got nothing better to do. And I'm sure you'll want to be relieved of a bit of this stuff," she added with some kind of a smile - one from someone who wasn't particularly used to smiling. © snap boom pow!
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

TOPIC OPTIONS LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1092 seconds | Archive