TOGGLE CBOX
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

THE SAME OLD CRUD ,, opennn.
TOPHER HOPKINS
Posted: Mar 9 2012, 02:12 PM

Unregistered

(authors note: it's an open thread and i'm cool with at least a few people joining in, but please, no more than three? i'm afraid i might freak out. xD also, this is short. meh. deal with it.)the funny thing about sam's club? well, it wasn't really funny, it was dead serious - their book selection fucking sucked. children's books, instruction manuals, "best sellers," twilight, and books so outdated nobody wanted anything to do with them. couldn't a guy just get a comic book? and oh, don't even get him started on their DVD selection - spiderman 3, really? but hey, what could you do? it was the apocalypse. better than nothing - better than dead - better than un-dead. if you hadn't noticed, topher was moping. he found himself sitting on his cot high in the top stock, mulling through the only book he had found mildly interesting - the biggest dictionary he could find. sure, the thing was a bitch to carry up, but he figured hey, the world was tough, get the fuck used to it.oh, where was that sunny sense of humor of his? okay, perhaps that isn't the right word for it. the simple fact was that he was tired, and really, what was so funny? but we assure you, this was nothing terribly abnormal - this was the new neutral. why? well because there was nobody around, obviously. there was something eerie about it, though he knew nobody could be far off, but something just a bit wonderful too. that hardly seemed to happen anymore, because for a majority of the time, you just didn't want it to - not with those things out there.topher shined his flashlight down onto the page. ostentatious- adj. straightening up where he sat, he closed the book suddenly, eyes rolling back in his head as it occurred to him; what the fuck was he even doing?! sliding from the book from his lap, he could hear the sound of someone climbing up into the top stock. he wasted no time shining his flash light towards the edge just as they managed to climb up. "who goes there?"
^^^
OPAL FISCHER
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 12:05 AM

Unregistered

this is open for two other people. and she is wearing this.Opal skipped along the shelves, taking in the stock that was available. Oddly enough, most of the supplies she was interested in were pretty much untouched. The cough medicine was obviously getting it's fair share of use but her favorite, none addictive but highly fun benadryl were in great stock. All this time had passed and she had only just finished her second 400 count bottle out of more bottles than she could count. It was nice to get all loopy and tingly and waste away a considerably useless afternoon. It's not like she could easily escape the warehouse store and her father, so this was her escape. She forced the fat bottle into her pocket before continuing down the aisle, pointing her flashlight around in the dark store to guide herself. She rounded the corner and crossed the store heading to the drink aisle. Drinks were rationed, but she managed to swipe a couple gatorades, considering almost everyone was up on the top shelves. Shoving one in her back pocket and the other down her shirt, she quickly grabbed a bag of chips and began the climb up onto the top shelves. Opie didn't actually live on this portion of the top shelves, she lived a couple aisles down, but this was where one of her only friends was right now and she didn't particularly want to spend the evening with her dad as he helplessly read the same bible verses over and over again, trying to make sense of things. So she'd left him for a while, to try and rebuild her sanity.She hobbled up, as agile as anyone who had been doing this for as long as she had been now. Finally, when she reached the proper level, she stopped, heaving a leg over the side and pulling herself up, though her relief was short lived. She jumped slightly at the sudden addition of a flash light, "Shit" She yelped quietly, rolling onto her side and suddenly looking up. She didn't need to look though, she was already aware of who was there. Who else would be here anyway? "It is I, D'Artagnan! Returning with our hard earned spoils!" She exclaimed in her quietest excited voice. It was polite to be quiet in this sort of place, especially when it was night. Everything died down during the night. Nobody wanted to draw anymore attention to this place than they already had. But nighttime meant different things for Opal. It meant her daddy was finally content on his cot, reading the bible and hugging the meat cleaver he was so fond of. Opal on the other hand was partial to the aluminum bat she kept on her most of the time. At the moment it was in the backpack that held her cozy green blanket and her spare batteries, nestled safely on her back. Even if it was relaxing time, she was prepared to try to defend herself. Maybe.Opal rolled onto her knees, the shelves were wide and huge but she still wasn't going to attempt to stand. No, she was far too clumsy for that. She flashed a grin into the light that was still pointed on her. It had been a long day for her, a long boring day, and she was ready to veg out for a bit, even if that meant taking some simple over the counter pills and playing uno until she passed out. "Hey there Toe-face." She grinned stupidly and crawled forward, "Aren't you gonna invite me into your humble abode? I have blue Gatorade and Doritos.." She said in the most alluring voice that she could managed before bursting into a fit of giggles. "But seriously." She said, silencing herself and putting on a straight face, "My knees hurt."---------------------------------------i heard that you like the bad girls honey is that true
^^^
TOPHER HOPKINS
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 01:52 PM

Unregistered

Six months stranded in the Sam's Club had given the group plenty of time to adjust to their situation - namely living like birds in nests high in the stock shelves. It had never seemed like a very natural idea to anyone - who wanted to climb anywhere? - but after six months, you'd never know that any of the Price Choppers had ever lived any other way. Topher fancied himself a regular post-apocalyptic Spider Man of sorts, swinging around the edges and corners of the make-shift buildings like gravity didn't matter and life didn't count for much, either. It was short, he told himself, and it wasn't like the fall would kill him... Much. Better than being made a meal of by those undead overbiting neighbors of theirs and their rager of a party outside. He'd heard the dead made good neighbors once, and as it turned out, that wasn't the case. What he wouldn't do for a neighbor that just came over asking for sugar.As for his fellow Price Choppers, however (less his neighbors, more his roommates), they were practically a ray of sunshine. For the most part, he could get on with the lot of them - or in the very least, he could avoid the less savory ones. When you considered it though, he had some very good post-apocalyptic company. Opal may have been eight years his junior (give or take a few months, he could never rightly remember), but they got on. They always had, and it had resulted in endless video game and junk food binges and an endless high. As far as company went he couldn't have gotten any luckier. Cart racing down the aisles was a blast and even though they'd been told not to, they double-bounced on the trampoline. He shouldn't have been surprised to find one of those ever-more-rare grins cracking through."I should've known it was you." He rolled his eyes, taking half a second to rest the flashlight pointing upwards on the upturned crate he'd turned into a table. Suddenly though, Topher perked up just a bit. Never mind that atrocious nickname, he'd heard something he liked much more: food. Even at the mere mention of the junk food his stomach let out a roar. "The blue kind to match, right? Oh, what am I even asking for?" He rolled his eyes, "Of course they are." Topher moved from his cot to sit on the floor, sitting Indian-style with his toe poking from his sock. "C'mon in," he cocked his head. "You brought Gatorade, you don't have to wait for some kind of invitation."
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONS LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0816 seconds | Archive