LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

ANNOUNCEMENT 26
GEORGE ROMERO
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:18 AM

TIFF
Group Icon

Group: TARGET PRACTICE
Member No.: 156

New month, new updates. The OTM NOMINATIONS for March are up and will close on Mar. 3. Voting will be up until Mar. 6. Please keep in mind when making nominations that you're choosing OTMS that represent the entire previous month, not just the last few days!

We're also now in the month of October IC.

PLOT UPDATES:

The MALL RATS, LOST BOYS, and PRICE CHOPPERS need to keep their eyes out for an upcoming group thread where ultimately, they're going to decide to confront these Area 9 people and get some answers, medicine, help, something for their sick and injured.

The next ZOMBIE GAUNTLET sign-ups will go up March 23th. Please wait until the scenario has been posted and post your sign-up in code.

This month we're running a little competition called TAKE US TO THE TOP where all you have to do is vote for us on topsites and make DDB number one. Our two topsites buttons can be found under the cbox, right under the affiliates scrolldown. If we can get DDB to the #1 spot, next month (April) the AU forum will return. The longer we're at #1, the longer the boards will be up so remember to vote for us daily!

1 week at #1: AU forums will be up for a month with 2 boards

2 weeks at #1: AU forums will be up for 1.5 months with 2 boards

3 weeks at #1: AU forums will be up for a month and a half with 2 boards

1 month at #1: AU forums will be up for two months with 3 boards

TWO IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:

1. We have a ban up - please do not make anymore original "killer" types and keep criminals and cop/military characters to a minimum (you can still make these characters for a want ad or canon). By criminals I mean individuals who, prior to the apocalypse, were in the business of commiting crimes. If your character used to be a taxi driver but is now a thief-for-hire or something, that's different. We're only six months into the apocalypse (IC) but a lot of new characters are hopping on the "criminal" trend. I'd like to shift the focus back on other "regular" people - businessmen, janitors, teachers, coffee barristas, etc. who aren't as well suited for shooting things up. Original criminal or miltary/police characters will either be asked to change their apps or be placed into pending until things balance out. BAN LIFTED AS OF MARCH 18

2. Romance vs. Hooking up
It's inevitable on a board that has been running for so long that relationships develop. Hell, that's part of our goal on DDB - we want to see intricate, in-depth character relationships created through roleplay. We don't, however, expect there to be a bunch of post-apocalyptic hook-ups because getting frisky can lead to random zombie attacks where someone gets a nipple bitten off and that would kill the mood pretty quickly. While we're fine with the occasional M thread and have no issues with characters getting their sexytime on it shouldn't be the only kind of thread you're having with your characters. I'm already noticing some people whose characters are only in hook-up threads and I'm asking you to branch out and work on also developing your characters as individuals. Those of you who do seem to be making characters who just end up hooking up at the slightest provocation will end up having future characters placed into pending or be scrutinized more than other characters by the admin team. (We do have a rule about not making a bunch of the same types of characters, after all.)

So in short, I'm not saying "no more sexytime on DDB" I'm saying "develop your characters in various aspects and try to keep random hook-up threads to a minimum because zombies will start to show up and interfere with your getting it on."

PM@
^^^
GEORGE ROMERO
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:25 AM

TIFF
Group Icon

Group: TARGET PRACTICE
Member No.: 156

If you have a character on this list you wish to keep, please post a link in this thread to an active IC topic your character is in. By "active topic" the latest post by your character has to be from the month of March. Characters who have not posted active threads by the end of the month will be archived.

MARCH INACTIVE

ADEN HILL
ALEKSANDRIA ZALENSKI
ANGELIQUE BERGER
BRIDGET KINGSINGTON
CASSANDRA JENSEN
CHEYENNE LEWIS
DANIEL HAWKINS
DAWSON LAMPREY
DONALD DAVENPORT
EDWARD DESCHAIN
HEIDI KALIGARIS
KAROLINE KIRSCH
LILAH OWENS
LOGAN VALENTINE
MALCOLM DOWNEY
MERRICK THORPE
NOEMIE LEVESQUE
PHILLIP WINEGAR
QUENTIN FIELDING
RACHELLE TURNER
RICHARD KEMP
RILEY PRUITT
THEO MORGAN

This post has been edited by MAX MCGARRETT on Mar 24 2012, 03:39 PM
PM@
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONS LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5396 seconds | Archive