TOGGLE CBOX
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

REKINDLED LOVE, TAG: KIKI/PEYTON
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 06:33 PM

Unregistered

Wes’s tent wasn’t that nice. He couldn’t tell if someone had lived in it before, or if William Harper felt sorry for him and it was a pity tent. The thing wasn’t very big, and he thanked the Heavens that he was short, so he only had to duck his head to enter the thing. His provisions were light. A backpack, a shotgun with zero ammunition (invert the thing, BOOM, instant melee weapon), and a tattered sleeping bag. The cot was courtesy of Harper, which had quite the back storage for supplies. Wes was thankful. It had been so long since he was able to sleep. Fucking stupidity, he thought. What he did was reckless, going into the city, searching for Peyton Leclaire, his lost love. What was he thinking? It still shocked him that he survived. It was a sign, though. Wes ran his hands through his hair. He had cut it himself, the floppy mane was becoming more of a hindrance than an asset. Long brown locks fell into a sink of an abandon convenient store. There, had grabbed the last of some vending machine food and set off into the woods, to start a new life with the forest people. The Lost Boys. There were women in the camp, and children. The name stuck, he figured. The Frat Pack was much better, and he missed his friends even still. Wes had been recently charged with gathering kindle for fire. Sure, a trained monkey could do it, and the kids laughed at him (he wasn’t good at finding kindle), but it was all he could do for now. Hunting and zombie searching were reserved for the more trusted, long term members of the camp. You had to work your way up the food chain, Wes figured. Darwinism and all that he taught back in the day. Wes smirked, as he bent down to pick up what appeared to be a nice stick. Moving silently through the woods. Disturb nothing, the man thought. Don’t want to end up a snack for some crazy flesh eating walker. Nope. Not today. Another stick! Wes bent down, and heard something gently moving. Twigs snapped and leaves crunched. The man’s ears perked up. ”Who…is that someone?” Wes rubbed his eyes under his glasses as he pressed forward, the sound stopping as he did so. Weird. He saw it. A form, laying on the ground. ”Oh no…” It didn’t look like a walker. The brown dirty tint that surrounded them like an aura wasn’t present. Maybe she was alive? Wes ran forward. ”Hey can you-----“ Peyton. It was Peyton. Beat up, but still alive. It was her. ”PEYTON?! PEYTON!” Wes bent down and kissed his lover on the lips, brushing her hair back, praying she was alive. ”Peyton, it’s me, wake up, baby, it’s me…” Tears streamed from behind his glasses. The thought of losing someone was so real, so natural to him. Losing his apartment, his girlfriend, his friends….everything gone, in a few short weeks. ”No, baby, it’s me…wake up.” Wes bent down, his ear near her chest. Faint breathing, but still alive. A quick glance over. No bites. ”Oh man…” He ran a hand through his hair, debating about what to do. What could he do? Carry her back. Right. Wes nudged her, afraid to move her. What if something happened? What if he would break her accidently? The man couldn’t take that on. He would wait, to see if she stirred. Yes, that was the safest move right now. Wes dropped the tinder next to him, dropping onto his backside, waiting for her to move. Please move.
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 09:09 PM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARHis face. She swore it was there. That he was there. But that was her mind. All in her head. The hallucinations had begun about an hour ago right as the headaches had ended. She couldn’t feel more physical pain beyond the fatigue and the horrendously difficult sense that she couldn’t keep her eyes open. She just laid there, the earth all of the comfort that she needed. And then a shout hit her ears and the cool ground fell away as she rudely aware of being moved. She felt the smallest of caresses against her lips but she was adamant on not fighting to open her eyes. It was a dream. A sick trick of the mind. It was it’s retaliation for letting her body deteriorate so. She would not let herself be fooled by a dream. By a nostalgic tug at her heart. She wanted to cry. Would have cried if she could have. It seemed as if every ounce of water within her was lost, however. Thinking back, she probably should have drank some being ever leaving but she was always so paranoid, so hesitant to touch such important rations. God, so many mistakes. And she would pay for them. She lost her home, her family, her friends, the man she loved... Now, she lay here, the only loose end. Peyton just wanted it to be over. At least his voice, even imaginary, was a comforting last sound. Suddenly, the woman felt an irritating tickle in the back of her throat. The feeling grew and the pain in her body became more evident, as if she were waking up from an anesthesia. She jerked upward and turned to the side, gagging. The vomiting wasn’t so terrible: she hadn’t much liquid or food left in her stomach to expel. The majority of it was bile, it seemed. Still not a great sign but it was better than nothing at all, right?Peyton was shaking as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. And then there was a shape out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head as quickly as her state of fatigue would allow and her surprise caused her to gasp, inhaling much too much air and causing her to lapse into a fit of coughing. “--Wes!” she managed to choke out, tears settling in the corners of her eyes. Hm. Whaddya know. There they were. Tears right when she didn’t want them around. Her choking stopped and she held out a hand, “Water,” she croaked, “Please.”TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 430. NOTES: ILY.Made by LC @ Caution 2.0
^^^
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 09:41 PM

Unregistered

She finally stirred. Wes flashed over to her, kneeling beside her as she vomited next to him. He furrowed his eyebrows, rubbing her back gently. ”You’re alright…” She didn’t look alright, but Wes was hardly the one to tell her that. In fact, she was beautiful. She needed medical attention though, she needed help. ”Yeah, yeah, hang on.” Wes rummaged through his small messenger bag, and withdrew a canteen. Since the days were so hot, the group had been boiling water from a nearby stream. Every time someone left the tent areas, they were required to bring a canteen with them. Wes never drank from it, usually, allowing one of the kids to have dibs on it once he would return. However, now was a more important time than ever. Wes edged next to her, turning his knees so she could lay her head on his leg. ”Tilt your head back, small sips now.” Wes tilted the small canteen back, watching the water trickle out of the apparatus into her mouth. ”I…I’m so happy your alive…it’s been so long. I knew you shouldn’t have been staying in your apartment alone. You should have been with me.” Wes instantly blamed himself for what happened, one of the man’s usual traits. Wes brushed his hand along her forehead, bringing her hair out of her face. ”I’ll hold your hair back if you want me too.” Wes smiled, trying to make Peyton feel better. He was still in shock seeing her alive. It was the happiest he felt in many months, and this truly was a miracle. Someone brought them back together, and the outer forces were working on his side. ”I needed you so bad, these last months, P.” To have her in his arms again, it felt right. It felt natural.Wes looked at his watch, and up at the sky. It would be hitting midday soon, and he had to find a way to get her back to camp. The tinder could wait. This was top priority. Wes looked around, taking her hand and placing the canteen in it. ”You can stand?” It came out as a command, but his tone was questioning. It made him sad to get her up and about already, but she could sleep the next five months in his tent. They had to get out of the open clearing. It was life or death, at this point. Wes bent down and kissed her forehead. ”Missed you so much, but we have to move. This area is crawling with walkers. They travel in small groups. If we get caught…” Wes furrowed his brow again. He couldn’t lose her again. If it came down to it, he would lay his life on the line to save her. It would be worth it. She was his universe.
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 10:44 PM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARHe was being so supportive. So kind. Then again, it was Wes. He was always kind and supportive. There wasn’t a bone in his body that would forsake Peyton. She didn’t have a single doubt that he would always be around to take care of her. Fate had a funny way of throwing them together. Even higher powers were conspiring to keep their bond alive and well. You couldn’t fight destiny, apparently. She felt her body being shifted, her weight being distributed evenly until her head laid against something softer and warmer than the ground. Touching him, even if it were just his knees at the moment, was incredibly comforting. Everything about him was satisfying. Was medicinal. She almost felt better already. Sort of. Well, mentally. Water slid down her throat and she fought to swallow it at first. It was invasive, almost. She knew she needed it but the difficulty was that at the moment, her tongue felt like a useless, lifeless appendage. And then it got easier. And her drinking grew needier, her hand reaching up to grasp his wrist, albeit weakly. Peyton almost didn’t listen to his words, her need having taking most of the control but finally, upon finishing half of the canteen, she nodded slightly. “I’m sorry.” Her voice was still raspy. Feeble. But it was something.He asked her to stand and she nodded. Her headaches were much worse, her tongue still swollen and her body ached like she couldn’t believe. But she already felt a little stronger as he placed the canteen in her hand. She took it into the other hand as well, using both to hold it and tip it back into her mouth after she stood. She wavered a bit but didn’t stop drinking until she needed to take another breath. She pulled it away from her chapped lips and received another kiss on her forehead. A small smile and then she continued drinking until it was gone. She breathed in deep, proud that it didn’t send her into a coughing fit again: it just hurt a bit. The empty canteen in one hand, she laced her free fingers in with Wes’ own and slowly moved forward. “Where are we going?” she asked finally. It looked as if they were in the middle of nowhere.TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 386. NOTES: YOUR MOM.Made by LC @ Caution 2.0

^^^
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 11:22 PM

Unregistered

Wes wiped his hands off, feeling her hand slip into his. He smiled, glancing at her, as she continued to drink the water. So far so good, he thought. He turned around and got his bearings. ”Uhh, the middle of nowhere right now. We are pretty close to the highway. Just have to head into the woods here for a little.” Wes furrowed his eyebrows again. ”And don’t be sorry…I’m just happy your alive.” Wes picked up the bag and walked with Peyton, slowly at first, but gaining momentum whenever she felt better to move. The woods were confusing, and the twisted treeline that led to the campsite was almost impossible to navigate. Luckily, Wes had a decent sense of direction, trying to find the correct path to get them back to his tent. ”We are heading to a camp, its safe there. People like us. It’s nothing like Melrose, and I honestly wish we could go back there…not a huge fan of nature.” Wes shrugged, glancing back at his lady. She was his everything. He gripped her hand tighter as he held branches out for her to walk past. ”You can stay with me. We’ll refill the canteen and get you hydrated, that’s the most important thing right now.” Wes glanced back at the watch, keeping an eye on the time. About another fifteen minutes of walking, and they would be there. Timing is way around the forest helped him get back, a tactic that Harper had mentioned to him. He was a good leader, and knew Peyton would appreciate the safety of such a good man. Serrano had come and gone during their time at Melrose, while Wes (along with Peyton’s help), kept control of the kids and situations. Sweat dripped from his forehead, and his glasses began to fog up. The sun was reaching its point, where the forest became muggy and hot. No, not now, he thought. The odds of Peyton passing out in this were pretty good, and he wouldn’t have time to revive her. ”Stay with me, P. We are almost there. Focus on walking.” He still couldn’t believe that he found her, let alone that she survived out there alone. Peyton wasn’t exactly brave, and he knew she harbored a great fear of the walkers. She must have done well, or gotten over it, since she was still in one, beautiful piece. Wes nodded, pushing away some more brush. ”Okay, little bit more, you okay?”
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 09:26 PM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARIt was so surreal. She was in more pain than she wanted to admit: every step was a living nightmare. But she wasn’t infected. And she was alive. With Wes. Wes was right beside her as they walked. Holding her hand. Granted, her brain was entirely in survival mode and she wasn’t wasting all of her thought processes on registering in her mind that they were truly reunited. But upon recovering a little bit more it would hit her. And Wes would have to brace himself. She half-listened as he explained their location, stumbling occasional but using his hand and arm as an anchor to steady herself when needed. And then he went on to describe where they would be staying, she brightened up. Nature. As in, her profession? She felt in her element. So much closer to everything. Of course, she wasn’t exactly good at the outdoorsy thing when it came right down to it. She couldn’t start a fire. Mosquitoes were her mortal enemy. Telling north from south was beyond her. But trees. Flowers. Those were at least in her playing field. She could determine which plants could be helpful and which might be harmful. That’d help out a ton, right? That is, if she could make it to the camp. She felt the walk become difficult, the empty canteen becoming something of a burden, a constant reminder that she had been without water and food for days. Wes offered words of encouragement and she weakly squeezed his palm. Her footing faltered and she cried out, the pain of her foot hitting a tree root unsettling. Thankfully, she righted herself, using Wes as a support. “We need to get there... We need to move. I... I’m so tired. Wes, please...” Peyton sounded like a whiney six year old but she couldn’t help herself. It felt like hell.TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 309. NOTES: it’ll get better. i promise.Made by LC @ Caution 2.0

^^^
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 10:01 PM

Unregistered

Wes felt his foot pivot and turn, the weight of Peyton pulling him down only slightly. She was starting to stumble. He would have to get back to the camp fast. ”Just a bit further, hang in there. I know it hurts but you can lie down once we get back, hang on, P.” Wes felt her grip tighten as he pushed through some more brush, opening up things a bit more for the couple to pass through. Finally, they hit an open clearing, and travelling west would take them to the small stream, and the tiny civilization. ”Ok, I know where we are at, we’ll get you there soon.” Wes figured the walk was short enough that he could easily carry Peyton the rest of the way. ”Here, I’ll carry you. I can move faster that way.” Wes looked around. Still no sign of being followed, which was good. He slid his arms under her legs and held her back with his other hand. Wes wished he was carrying the woman over the threshold like this, but sadly he might be on the brink of saving her life. Oh well. Have to take action, he thought. Wes pushed through the rest of the brush with his back. Soon, he thought, they would be safe…Ten more minutes of moving through the pine and birch trees of the Same Houston National, Wes finally carried Peyton to safety. Sweat slid down his cheeks as he moved Peyton into his tent, and placing her on his cot. Wes brushed the hair out of her face once more, bending close to her, kissing her on her forehead. Using a stereotypical black person voice that he knew Peyton would remember and laugh, “Yo, Peyton, why you so strong, girl.” He smiled and turned, looking outside the tent. ”Okay, going to find another canteen, don’t run off again.” The sun was beginning to move into evening, and Wes knew he made it just in time. Dusk was a terrible time to fight the walkers. He shuddered as he moved about the camp, trying to find another canteen. After explaining his predicament to an 8 year old boy, he convinced the young man to give him his canteen. The boy obliged, after kicking Wes in the shin. He moved back, slightly bruised, and helped Peyton sit up, leaning her against some pillows he had found on a scavenging trip a few days ago. ”Here, stole this off an 8 year old, it’s practically filled. Remember, small sips, or you’ll puke again.” Wes took a seat on the ground next to her, putting his legs in front of him, planting his heels into the soft nylon of the tent. She was safe, and with him once more. Maybe he wasn’t such a fuck up after all.
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 11:00 PM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARPeyton wasn’t sure what to make of her situation. She wasn’t sure what any of this was. The fact that she was so deteriorated, so torn apart: did that mean that she failed? Or that she was here, alive and well to a certain extent, meant that she was victorious? Had her entire effort gone sour? Did she just effectively prove how useless she was? The thought was devastating. She was in a world, leeching off of the skills and general intelligence of others, while being entirely unfit for the world itself. Peyton wasn’t meant to have been here. There’s no way. Her survival was a mistake. She was simply overlooked. This world had changed and she couldn’t adapt to it. Then again, there was still the possibility that she had done just fine. That everything had been a great success. It wasn’t something she was willing to be the judge of at the moment, in any case. Peyton had enough problems without being left to criticize her zombie survival skills.It had seemed like hours when it was really probably only a fraction of that time when Wes suddenly offered to carry her. She didn’t object, although she was slightly embarrassed at the state she was in. Leaning her head against his chest, she shut her eyes and fell into a sort of half-asleep, half-awake state. Then it was over. She was in a shaded place again, the sun not as harsh. And he laid her down, cracking one of his silly voices and the corners of Peyton’s mouth turned up in a smile. And then he disappeared one more time and Peyton was left in silence, occasionally hearing the voices of others outside the tent. The lack of stealth that Wes usually presented himself with hit Peyton’s ears and she opened her eyes, being presented with more water. She sat up with his help and took the canteen, sipping thoughtfully. Finally, she stopped and looked over at Wes, eyes welling up with tears. “I’m so stupid. I almost lost you.”TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 309. NOTES: it’ll get better. i promise.Made by LC @ Caution 2.0

^^^
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 11:16 PM

Unregistered

Wes watched as she sipped gently from the canteen. Wes had no working knowledge of medical practice, but he didn’t know if she had internal injuries, or trauma from dehydration. This worried him somewhat. He didn’t even have a story yet. Where she ran off too, why she left him, why she didn’t tell him. All these things scared him and made him worry for her even more. He tilted his head smiling at her. Most of her sentences were less than ten words, which also frightened him. Peyton usually didn’t shut up. The woman talked through everything, even when they were making out she wouldn’t shut her yapper. Wes ran a hand up and down the lower part of his jaw, thinking about what she said, before he smiled. ”You didn’t lose me, I was with you the whole time…I went and looked for you, almost three months away from Melrose. I scoured most of the city, figuring you would head inward…” He furrowed his eyebrows once more, trying to get a read on her health. He scooted his backside closer to the cot, placing a hand on the side of her face. ”We’re together again, and you’re safe. I promise, I’m not mad. I’m so happy you’re safe.” Wes really didn’t know what to say to her. She looked like hell, but in a few days, with rest and water, she would be back to her same P-Money self. It would all be alright. Wes had to believe that. The man glanced around the room, before turning back to her. ”Do you want to get changed? Your clothes are all ripped and nasty.” He winked before he walked on his knees like an idiot across the tent, into the small crate he kept his clothes in. Washing occurred in the lake, and several camp dwellers took the tedious task of cleaning the group’s clothes. It was really nice of them. He dug out a t-shirt of some shitty band he saw in Houston a while ago, which was probably long enough to cover most of her. ”Here…do you need help?” Wes walked on his knees back to her, placing the shirt on her lap. She already appeared to be super uncomfortable. She could use a dip in the lake and clean up, but Wes knew she would most likely drown due to exhaustion. Last thing she needed was to come this far and die taking a bath. That would have been awful. He took his seat next to the cot, not averting his eyes from her. Knowing the slippery demon that was Peyton Leclaire, he had to watch her at all times now.
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 03:11 AM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARHe was right, of course. Her conversation was lacking. Peyton was a master of conversation. She could talk endlessly about nothing. Always. But she was currently faced with a health dilemma that she hadn’t dealt with before. Peyton was always a bit of a paranoid person when it came to things like her health. Once, she had thrown a fit in the nursing room in the fifth grade because she was certain that her cold meant that she had cancer. Yeah. She was that girl. A borderline hypochondriac. However, this time she had good reason to worry. Dehydration was a serious issue. Something that caused serious deterioration if left long enough. It seemed that it had gone far. She still had a horrible headache. Her throat was sore. And her body felt like she had just finished a twelve hour work out. But apparently, it hadn’t gone far enough to really hurt her in the long run. Her brain processes seemed great. Peyton was shaken. But it looked like she would be okay now. She shut her eyes and tears fell. She didn’t reach up to wipe them away, her hands still gripping the canteen. Taking another sip, she glanced over at Wes and smiled. “You’re such a sap,” she teased, coughing twice and drinking more water.Wes went on to ask if she wanted to change and had Peyton’s body been in better shape, she might have blushed scarlet. Her clothes were filthy. She probably smelled like road kill. Slowly, she reached up to pat her hair and was greeted with a tangled mass and she shut her eyes. Awesome. She’d already broken the first rule of relationships and theirs was still relatively new. They weren’t even married and he was seeing her at the absolute worst. Excellent. Opening her eyes, she watched Wes place a shirt on her lap and she capped the canteen carefully, placing it next to her as if it was a teddy bear. Grabbing the hem of the filthy tee shirt she wore, she peeled it off of her body and balled it up before lobbing it weakly off of the cot. Picking up the other shirt, she put one arm in a sleeve and then the other. Peyton managed to place her head inside but cringed, realizing quickly that the position was not the most comfortable. Her muscles ached and she stared at the fabric of the shirt that was in front of her eyes. “I’m stuck,” she whined, blinded by the article of clothing, “I’m so pathetic. I knew I should have taken that yoga class.”TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 435. NOTES: my nose is cold. i can’t feel my fingers. ):Made by LC @ Caution 2.0

^^^
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 10:55 AM

Unregistered

Wes smiled at Peyton. She wasn’t in good shape, but he couldn’t help but feel joyed that he found her. It was fate, it had to be. She just didn’t happen to stumble into the right forest dwelling where he would walk across her gathering materials. He still couldn’t believe it. Wes moved forward, edging to the side of the cot, before standing on his knees, pulling the shirt down, to cover her abdomen and thereby pulling it down over her head. ” You aren’t pathetic…just worn out.” He edged closer and placed another kiss on her lips. He really couldn’t help himself. ”Let me go get a wet cloth or something. We need to wipe your cuts out, or they’ll get infected…” He furrowed his eyebrows for what seemed like the millionth time, and left the tent once more, allowing Peyton to relax by herself. Wes wondered slightly if his over aggression was a reason she left. Maybe he was pushing things with P too fast, too much? It was a thought he couldn’t push out, since it could have been true. Maybe she liked him because it made him feel safe? Maybe she had no feelings for him, and was only doing this as a kindness. No, he thought, shut up. She’s interested, and definitely has feelings for you. You need to keep doing what you’re doing, none of this denial shit. Wes found the closet in one of the main cabins that housed things for bathing. He grabbed a cloth and walked back outside, finding the water boiling over a fire. What looked like a high schooler was manning the fire rig. Wes dipped the cloth into the water and wrung it out. It was cool, so the water must have only been on for a little. He rung it out and made his way back to the small cabin. ”Okay, let’s get you cleaned up.” Wes bent down next to her and wiped some of the blood off her forehead, turning her face delicately with his other hand, finding small scratches and stains of red. She was in worse shape than he thought. No wonder she didn’t want to talk. She needed food, water, rest and sleep. ”There, not so bad now.” Most of the blood came off, and she was starting to look back to her normal Peyton self. He placed his hand on her leg, smiling weakly. ”One of the girls at camp might have shorts for you. I only brought jeans for myself.” Wes nodded and tried to remain positive. ”You’ll be alright. You know I’m here for you.” Wes reclined his backside to the floor, taking up his previous sitting position. Wes assumed she was more tired than anything, and would probably need a refill on the canteen again. She will talk to you eventually, he thought. She’s probably still in a state of shock. Get her back to normal, and she will open up to you. Just takes time and patience. ”I’m not a sap. I just want you to get better so we can make out.” Wes smiled stupidly at her, hoping to draw a smile.
^^^
VIOLET GREER
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 12:56 PM

Unregistered

SHITWRONGCHARACTER
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 12:59 PM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARIt was funny because most people would assume that she wouldn’t put much stock fate. It was a bizarre concept that usually required religion to some certain extent. It wasn’t that she didn’t advocate religion. She was a spiritual person. She really did believe in a god; that was the southern belle in her. Claiming a religion was another matter. It wasn’t that they didn’t all have something beautiful in them. But the inconsistencies that she found in each one were just unsettling. It was easier to believe in the existence of something greater without trying to make sense of something that was, in essence, nonsensical. Long story short, the idea of destiny was an ever present notion in Peyton’s life. And like Wes, she certainly believed that this meant something serious about them being together. He helped her with the shirt and then claimed that she was just a bit out of her usual tip top shape and Peyton grinned at her lap. Yeah. You could say that. He kissed her and then moved away to go find something with which to clean her wounds. When he left, Peyton’s heart began to drum hard in her chest. Could the virus be contracted through the existence of her open cuts? She didn’t remember. But she hadn’t been around walkers almost the entire time. She had been so lucky. She felt fine. She was probably okay. Still, a bit worrisome though. Suddenly, Wes was at her side and Peyton winced at the cloth against the cuts and then relaxed. It was cooling. Very soothing. “I don’t know how I got all of these,” she admitted, “I just kind of ran. I fell a couple times. Maybe that’s when they happened.” Phew. Lots of words. But they came easier now. It wasn’t so difficult. It was mostly the headache that was bothering her now. His defense of his being a sap brought forth a tiny giggle and Peyton took another few sips of water. Looking around the tent, she nodded, “So this is where we’re going to live now? Quaint. With a woman’s touch, this place could feel just like home. I’m thinking French colonial.”TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 363. NOTES: WE ARE HAVING THE CRAZIEST CONVO.Made by LC @ Caution 2.0

^^^
WES BERKOWITZ
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:37 PM

Unregistered

Wes was glad to see she was starting to talk a little. He continued to wipe her arms, and hands, trying to get more of the tiny scratches and cuts clean. ”Well, the woods are filled with nasty trees and bushes and things that can cut you. If you fell near one, or stumbled, you could get pretty messed up.” It was true. Wes had gone for treks and walks and came back covered in cuts, not even noticing them. Houston forest was relentless, and the heat combined with the trees made the place really annoying. She seemed well enough, and he doubted that any of these cuts contracted anything…unsavory. Wes placed the cloth aside, placing a hand on her leg, wrapping his hand around her calf, rubbing it gently. She seemed in better spirits. Probably could use some food, but probably just wanted to stay on the cot. He laughed at her comment. It warmed him to know that she wanted to stay with him, and wasn’t going to run off again. ”No, yeah. Uh. This is it, I guess.” He scratched the bag of his head. The feeling of thick brown hair was gone. This new haircut was still going to take getting used too. He shook his head and adjusted his glasses. ”French colonial should work. I was thinking Victorian, but I like your idea better.” He smiled and nodded. ”I want you to stay with me. I can get another cot in here to give us some more room, and the weekly raiding parties go out, and we can trade to get you a wardrobe over at the mall, that should be fine.” Life at the camp was pretty easy, and Harper didn’t expect much from the people who lived there. Just don’t fuck up and bring walkers back to camp, and pull your weight. Wes wasn’t at all worried about P fitting in and making a difference. She was bubbly, and optimistic, and so kind.”We’ll make it work, I promise. It’ll be okay.” Wes nodded and slid out of his track jacket, the tent gathering more warmth the more the two spoke. He wasn’t used to having more than one person in the tent. Night began to fall outside. ”How do you feel now? Any better?” It would probably be a few more days till she was fully recovered from her terrible ordeal. Wes wasn’t sure how to really help her. All he could do was making her comfortable and keep her talking and aware. He wasn’t sure if she had a concussion, if she should sleep, if her wounds were clean. All these things cared the man, but he could only sit and watch and wait. Hoping, and praying that P would be alright. She would be. She had to be. They were brought together again for some reason. He had to hang onto her this time.
^^^
PEYTON LECLAIRE
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 04:08 AM

Unregistered

HOLD ME NEARPeyton had to fight a couple laughs: it felt like she was a kitten and he was the mama cat. All of the fussing and the cleaning. He was doing it out of love and worry, however, not out of obligation and necessity. So she made sure to keep her mouth shut tight. There was no way that she was going to inadvertently make him feel horrible for taking care of her. She’d put him through enough hell when they had first begun seeing each other anyway. It was easy to ruffle his feathers. At least, for her. She hadn’t seen too many people really perturb him other than herself. She considered it a great achievement. It could have been the fact that she had breasts but then again, it’s not as if she was the first woman to wound his pride, even teasingly. He explained just how she must have gotten so torn up and Peyton made a face. It was less exaggerated than one she would have made had the muscles in her face actually felt up to the challenge but it was very Peyton-y all the same. It seemed as if she would be all right. This shade, water and lying down thing was working out well. She’d be wise not to move for awhile. Healing was a huge priority in times like these. Wes dove in to how they were going to do things at the camp and the woman grinned, clutching the canteen to her chest. He was so entirely thrilled with the idea of them being together again, as was she. But quickly, she felt her smile falter for a moment. It sounded as if things really would go back to normal, the way he was talking about things. With her sitting here, useless. She could change that. She could prove herself. This time, much more aptly and with less running off by herself. She’d make herself useful. Learn things. Shooting! She could actually learn to shoot things. She’d barely known what to do with the gun she’d brought anyways. She needed to learn. There had to be someone around here that would be willing to turn her into a female Bear Grylls. Nodding when he asked if she was okay, Peyton began to take another sip before stopping and shakily reaching out toward his head. Her fingers lightly touched down on his scalp and she pushed them weakly through the noticeably shorter locks, “They’re gone,” she remarked and then smiled, “It looks nice. I almost didn’t notice.”TAG: DAN&WES . WORDS: 424. NOTES: I WROTE THIS IN FIFTEEN MINUTES... DRUNK. LOLOLOLZMade by LC @ Caution 2.0

^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

TOPIC OPTIONSPages: (2) [1] 2  LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1810 seconds | Archive