TOGGLE CBOX
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post ) LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

RANK-N-FILE, zombie gauntlet participants only!
NPC!
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 04:42 PM

GONNA EAT YO' BRAINS
Group Icon

Group: ROGUES
Member No.: 297

You decide the shoot the padlock just in time, as the noise from the floors above starts to increase. The zombies on sublevel one are almost through the door. At the sound of the door creaking and starting to give way, Spencer flees, leaving the four of you to continue on without him. The sound of the gunshot echoes throughout the stairwell and the padlock drops to the ground.

Opening the door, you find it leads to an open warehouse-like space. Along the furthest wall is a large cage, where you can see your prize, still safely locked away and completely untouched. However, the noise you have made so far has disturbed the zombies on this level and, soon enough, the zombies from sublevel one will be on their way down the stairs.

You’re so close to your goal, all you need to do now is find a way to get to the guns and get out of there. You could deal with the zombies first – though that might be wasting too much time. Or you could try and circle around them and get to the cage. Or maybe you’d prefer to make sure you can actually escape once you’ve got the guns.

DO YOU:

- - Deal with the zombies first?
    - - Try to get past them and to the guns?
    - - Look for a way out before doing anything else?

PM@
^^^
STAN MAYHEW
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 04:28 AM

27 | 1UP
Group Icon

Group: TARGET PRACTICE
Member No.: 587

I FINALLY REALIZE WHO I AM

I'M THE BAD GUY

Stan let out a heavy sigh as his peers decided to shoot the lock off. He would have ditched them and gone the way he had intended, but there was no point in doing that now. The noise would most certainly bring more Walkers, and if the guns were on the other side, then he wanted to know. “Alright, Therese, if you think it is the best option, and the others agree. Rock on, Clay, have at it.” Stan retorted as he placed his free hand on Therese’s shoulder so he could give it a light pat, “I trust your judgment.” He had not known much about the woman before their posse had ventured into the bunker, but she had quickly grown on him. She was courageous, smart as a whip, and Stan respected her for it. Stan withdrew his hand from Therese’s shoulder, as Clay shot the lock off of the door, and his eyes lit up as the door swung open to reveal a warehouse-like area with the guns lined up neatly in a rack along one of the walls.

Excitement took over his features, and he became amused as Spencer fled the scene at the sound of the zombies. He could not imagine why someone would venture this deep into a bunker full of the undead, only to turn back before they got the thing that they had come for. A smile crept onto Stan’s lips as he also realized that it meant more weapons and ammo for the rest of their motley crew, and that Therese had more guts than their former katana wielding companion. Walkers might have scared some people, but they did not scare Stan. He saw them as the professions they held in a previous life. In the normal world, he would not have been afraid of a taxidermist or a janitor, so why start now just because they were decomposing? The creatures were animals, but Stan considered himself an animal as well. In his mind, the zombies should have feared him, but unfortunately that was not possible because of their decomposition.

Stan tapped into his supply of sheer raw anger, and began leading the charge towards the guns. His hand gripped his machete firmly, and he sliced off the heads of any zombie that came near him as he sprinted around the zombies to the best of his ability. “I feel like I should have expected to find a carnival of these fuckers around the guns. Oh well, it just means that we have to put in a little more work.” Stan bellowed to his peers as he sliced at the rotting limbs reaching out for him, “I would have thought that Therese would be the first to flee, not the kid. I guess he was all show. I owe props to you both, Therese and Clay, for getting us in the room. That kid is going to be sorry that he left empty handed, but that just means there is more supplies for the rest of us.”

The smile returned to Stan’s lips as he continued to sling his machete across the necks of every creature the came close to him. He glanced at his group members every now and then to make sure that they were okay because they were now short a person. Clay had a shotgun, but the ammunition was limited, and Stan was not sure how much fuel Therese and Jerry had left in the tank from their encounters in the stairwell. People made mistakes when they became tired, and for some odd reason Stan wanted to make sure that they did not lose any more people. He had not asked for the leadership role or the pressures that it brought with it, but he had grown fond of his fellow survivors. They could all hold their own, and that was something he respected when it came to situations like this. A chuckle escaped his lips as he thought about how he would not have given any of the people with him a second thought if he had met them in the mall or somewhere less adventurous. It was time to get what he came for.

TAG: GAUNTLET · WORDS: 702 · TEMPLATE BY 1UP

PM@
^^^
therese bouvier
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 05:45 AM

Unregistered

dead skin will atrophy The slight thrill that came with Stan's seal of approval didn't last long. He soon made it quite clear that he had, for whatever reason, doubted her from the get-go. That was enough to set her teeth on edge, but she knew that to shoot back some scathing retort (which, from her uncooperative mouth, would probably just come out as unintelligible blubbering anyway) or inquire about it would just be a waste of time and energy they couldn't spare.Still, the blonde couldn't help but wonder if he had genuinely misjudged her character or if he had just presumed that the presence of a womb would somehow weigh her down. While she chose not to engage him with her theories, it was clear that whatever repertoire they had established was cracked. While he charged forward with some ill-conceived notions of heroism, Therese allowed for Stan to do his own thing and turned to the other two more level-headed men of their troupe. Stan's spectacle would make a good distraction, for the time being, and the grave implications of that were clear in her next few solemn words: "We should see if there isn't another way to the guns. We should circle around them, and let that..."Glancing over at what was once (in some fantasy land) her partner-in-crime, Therese sighed, and added quietly, "run its course." Clay, being the standup guy he was--he most likely wasn't on board with essentially abandoning Stan to do their dirty work. Her willingness to throw Stan to the dogs (even though the young man had willingly charged forward on her own) wasn't something she figured Clay would find particularly appealing, but arguing with Stan about his course of action would waste time. He had chosen to make a beeline for the guns, and that was his burden. cassie at atf.
^^^
CLAY SUAREZ
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 10:07 AM

Unregistered

in the end it doesn't matter----- One thing, I don't know why It doesn't even matter how hard you try, Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme, To remind myself of a time when I tried so hard. In spite of the way you were mocking me. Acting like I was part of your property. Remembering all the times you fought with me. I'm surprised it got so. Things aren't the way they were before. You wouldn't even recognize me anymore. Not that you knew me back then. But it all comes back to me in the end. You kept everything inside -----------------------------------The whirlwind of happenings once the door blew open was amazing. Stan practically ran in head long, wielding his machete (only after slightly insulting Therese), while the kid ran off in fear. It was odd that he would come all this way only to abandon the group. If Clay ever caught the kid on a street, a direct pummeling was in order. No matter. There were much more important affairs to deal with. Clay reached out and grabbed Therese’s hand, pulling her inside the warehouse ”Comon, Stan is going to need back up.” Clay had come this far, and Stan’s leadership hadn’t gotten any of the group killed. Yet. So why would he do what the kid did and ditch his comrades? No, that wasn’t the way that Clay rolled. He let go of Therese’s arm once he found a safe area for them to defend themselves. ”Watch my back.” Clay figured, since they were already fucked, to let a few rounds of his shot gun off, trying to aim for heads and chests. He didn’t have much ammunition, and already put a few rounds into the door. This wouldn’t last long, but it would provide Stan enough back up to make it to the locked gate where their treasure resided. It was nice to know that all of this was almost over. Clay wasn’t a big fan of this dungeon crawling, and really wanted to get back to his plane and have a Corona. Yeah, that sounded good. That and the fact that he would be able to trade a lot of the guns for booze. His plan was to get super wasted after this. Yeah. He would need it.The older man glance behind him, trying to see where their last partner was. He was probably lagging behind, with that stupid spade. Maybe he ran off as well? It took an iron gut to get this far, he figured. He was very proud of Therese. She was keeping up great with Stan’s crazy stamina. Clay was actually very proud of himself as well. The young man’s metabolism was ridiculous, and he was shocked he hadn’t passed out. He wasn’t as young as he used to be, and that had contributed to a bad back and bad knees. Luckily, there weren’t that many zombies left, but that didn’t mean a new horde could run down the stairs at them and end all their lives. Clay knew that dying was an option when he decided to come on this crazy trip, but they were so close now, it would be a shame for them not to see it through to the end.TAG: GAUNTLET WORDS: 444 NOTES: ----------TEMPLATE BY DANASAUR @ CAUTION

^^^
NATHAN CROSS
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 10:46 AM

Unregistered

{I'm short and I'm tall, I'm black and I'm white,Sometimes I be wrong, sometimes I be right,I'm iron and steel, I'm bad to the bone,You come looking for trouble, honey don't you come alone I seen 'em come, and I seen 'em go,I seen things and been people, that nobody knowsI'm talking in pictures and I'm painting them black,I seen Satan coming honey in a big black Cadillac- - - - - - - - - - youbetterrunThe Kid ran. He left them. Just up and left them.Nathan could respect pragmatism. It was one of his core drives, but it was hard to respect something that came at his expense. In the short term, anyway. In the slightly less short term, it meant more guns for him, even if it meant the risk was now that much higher. He now had three bodies to toss at the zombies instead of four. Considering that he hadn't managed to get any real use out of the Kid before he'd run off, it was irksome. But worse things could have happened. At least Mr Shotgun had stayed put. Nathan didn't exactly value the noise that boomstick of his kicked off, but the killing power was undeniable. It attracted attention, but it could deal with it, too. That wasn't going to do him a whole Hell of a lot of good if he got mobbed and ripped to pieces, but 'til he ran out of rounds, he'd probably do well for himself.The other two were less useful, but let it never be said that Nathan Cross would underestimate the value of someone with a death wish. 'cause the Canary seemed to be one of those. The way he barreled into every situation and confrontation, it was like he was begging to catch a bite, or a scratch or something. He'd served with guys like that. Usually, the best thing to do was put them at the front. Let them crazy themselves out, and, hopefully, they'd take a few enemies with them when they finally got their wish and bit the big one. This could be the same kind of situation.Why would Nathan get his hands dirty when he didn't have to? Practicality was important in all things, but especially now. With so much at risk, it was important to stay logical. Stay smart. And to stay on target. Keep going for the goal. And the goal wasn't survival. That was a need. It was necessary. Anyone could survive if they were smart, or at least alert. But to profit? To actually get something out of this wasteland they lived in?That was what he was all about.When the Canary offered his thanks, Nathan almost smiled. He nearly jokingly asked for his own kudos, but being overlooked didn't really bother him. Rarely was that a disadvantage.He did find it funny, though, that the Canary had almost gotten them killed a few times, and here he was, trying his best at magnanimity. Ironic.But he'd served his purpose. They'd found their prize, and nobody was dead. Not yet, anyway. There were still a few zombies to take care of before they could well and truly claim those guns.As if to prove just how ironic his little kudos had been, the Canary started hacking at zombies. He didn't check the exits or try to see if they'd get mobbed if they grabbed the guns. He just went right in and started hacking away.Oh well. At least he was consistent.The Blonde was smart. He had to admit that. She was easily the most rational out of the survivors, and she hadn't suggested any course of action that Nathan had really disagreed with. Likely as not, they were the only two members of the group to be detached enough from some kind of macho drive to hit and stab things, so they were just working with clearer heads and more open eyes.Which was why when Mr Shotgun ran off to join the Canary, Nathan moved up next to the Blonde, giving her a grim little smile. Resigned and serious, but friendly.She wasn't running into hack or smash, and Nathan felt that she had the right idea. With the two others taking care of the dead men, they probably had things covered. And Nathan didn't want to catch buckshot, which was a hazard. Mr Shotgun seemed like a good shot, but with adrenaline running high, so did the room for error. However this turned out, Nathan did not want to bleed out on the floor because he'd been stupid enough to be standing at just the wrong place at just the wrong time. It would not be a happy end. Not that any end would be happy, but that one especially.Mr Shotgun tossed a look back at him, and Nathan give him a little nod. Curt. Respectful.Likely as not, he'd take offence to Nathan not running into the fray and bashing a few zombie heads in, but, sadly, he wasn't a stupid person. He was thoughtful and careful and that took precedence over everything. If Mr Shotgun respected him a little less for it, so what? If the Canary thought he was a coward, did he care?Not really.It was a deception. A game. And it was a game he played to win.Note note
^^^
NPC!
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 08:50 AM

GONNA EAT YO' BRAINS
Group Icon

Group: ROGUES
Member No.: 297

Soon enough the zombies that stand between you and the prize are dispatched but you’ve made a lot of noise and that door on sublevel one has finally been forced off its hinges by a swell of the undead on the other side and now they’re moving down the stairs towards you.

To the right of the cage you find an open elevator shaft, at the back of the shaft there is a escape ladder leading to the surface and the rear of the building – this will be your exit, if you make it out of there alive.

With only one shell left, Clay is going to have shoot the final lock to liberate your prize but with the approaching noise of zombies stumbling and falling down the stairs, even if you do get inside the cage you’re not going to have much time to grab anything, the things nearest to the cage door are bullets and hand guns but you won’t make it to the back of the cage where the rifles and automatic weapons are kept – that is if Clay wants to waste his last bullet, instead of using it to protect the group.

You’re so close, surely you don’t want to run away empty handed.

DO YOU:

- - Shoot the lock, grab what you can and escape?
    - - Head for the elevator shaft and flee?

NOTE: Basically, that’s the end of the game, you guys just need to make your exit – if you choose to go into the cage (I’m assuming you will, really there wasn’t much point giving you the choice but I was having fun so... xD) you’ll each get some handguns and bullets for your troubles.

Congrats, you’ve survived the Zombie Gauntlet!

You can also claim your badge of honor here

PM@
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

TOPIC OPTIONSPages: (3) 1 2 [3]  LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5138 seconds | Archive