zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

GODFREY, CLARENCE
CLARENCE GODFREY
Posted: Feb 14 2012, 07:11 AM

Unregistered

SIR CLARENCE ARCHIBALD GODFREYBILL NIGHY• SIXTY-ONE • AREA 9 • FORENSIC SCIENTIST •Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceedsLondon is wonderful place to grow up, if one does not wish to achieve anything. Much like the great literary anti-hero for whom he was named, my twin brother, Dorian, is a perfect example of the London causality. Our father was a coroner and I, sufficiently imbued with the morbidity of youth, followed too far along the path to dispense with it once into the relatively calm seas of adulthood. It wasn't a poor way to make one's fortune, though such proximity to the dead does rather put off the majority of society. Nevertheless, I persevered, my interests in the dead waning with each passing year, shifting to the manner in which they found themselves in such a disadvantageous position, and who was to blame. My dear father lived just long enough to observe one son knighted for the advancement of a fledgling science - and the other end his days on the very slab he sought to avoid.A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love herAllow me to preface myself by telling you that I cherished each and every last one of my wives. Unfortunately, I find my memory for their names waning with each passing year. Rather, I recall each with fondness based almost solely on their particular culinary talents: a superior shepherd's pie brings to mind my first, a magnificent woman whose only flaw was to bear me a son so incompetent he could scarcely tie his own shoelaces before the onset of puberty. Lasagne carries connotations of the third, so vapid and vain a creature I rarely occasioned to converse with her except to compliment her on the singular dish she appeared to favour. Most tellingly, perhaps, the last of seven I remember, not for her cooking, but for her inability to produce so much as a piece of satisfactory toast - yet so curiously adept was she at wringing alimony from the shrivelled husk of my fortune that one might have thought her a mistress of the most meagre of cold comforts.Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive themI cannot tell you, with all truthfulness, how many children I have. My eldest son is the only one who is not a bastard by birth, for which he compensates by being a bastard by nature. Of all those who carry the Godfrey name, whether legitimate or not, he is the biggest disappointment to me, being neither intelligent nor charming. Neither is he handsome - which can mask a great many sins, especially when one is hell bent on being as disagreeable as humanly possible. In fact, his only success in life thus far has been to find a woman who would willingly sleep with him and produce my granddaughter. I credit the miracle of her existence entirely to Murphy and his eponymous law, for the girl seems to have been put on this Earth for the express purposed of shaming her father with his own inadequacy.I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am sayingAt some point, every man of consequence will find himself in America. No one understands why this is, since the English traditionally hold their New World brethren in an awkward embrace of contempt and envy. Some years ago I travelled to Washington for a conference, the first of its kind, when the justice system was still deeply suspicious of science. The precise details of how I made my home on this side of the world - a godforsaken place that could not compare to my beloved London by any measure of the imagination - are irrelevant. All you need know is that when one stands at the helm of progress, the gods take note.So it was with Whitesand.As in the process of any successful courtship, subtlety and a certain sense of coyness are key. The part was mine to play, and I did so quite successfully over two decades. My work in forensics research was subsidised by the organisation, the payment in the terms of the contract. It was profitable and, because I wasn't overburdened by unnecessary knowledge as to precisely what they were using my work for, it was also satisfactory. Nothing ruins a man's sense of professional integrity like the guilt of awareness.Unfortunately, such a state of affairs cannot be maintained, and so I find myself drawn into the icy bosom of the establishment on the eve of what is arguably the dawn of our extinction. Or so one might believe, should they have occasion to glance beyond the iron bars of our encampment. And what is my purpose in explaining this all to you? Why, my dear, I haven't a clue. After all, it isn't as if you possess the mental capacity to appreciate the implications.A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally• PEANUT • 25 • FEMALE • ARABIA STANDARD •
^^^
CLARENCE GODFREY
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 05:50 PM

Unregistered

Bump!
^^^
GEORGE ROMERO
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 08:01 PM

TIFF
Group Icon

Group: TARGET PRACTICE
Member No.: 156

Congratulations on being accepted to Damn Dead Bastards! Welcome to the site! Now proceed to post in the links below and the plot ads. Glad to have you on board!

FACE CLAIM . DIRECTORY ROSTER
PM@
^^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

TOPIC OPTIONS LOCKEDNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.7062 seconds | Archive