Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cyber Nations Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

THIS FORUM IS NOW A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE.
PLEASE GO TO http://forums.cybernations.net FOR THE CURRENT CYBER NATIONS FORUM.

:. Warn Appeal
Chief Savage Man
Posted: Aug 14 2007, 02:52 PM

\m/

Group: Banned
Member No.: 15,593

QUOTE (Rules)
Mild/Explicit Language
Mild expletives (crap, damn, etc.) are generally frowned upon and should be extremely limited in use. The only forum with no restriction on the use of mild expletives is the Open World RP forum. Excessive use of what are deemed mild expletives on the open forum will result in a warning.

Harsh expletives (sh*t, f*ck, etc.) are forbidden on all parts of the forum except the Open World RP forum. Excessive use, even in the RP forum, will be subject to warning from moderation up to and including forum access restriction.

These are the rules regarding language use on the board. At no point in these rules is swear filter evasion banned. However, evading filters for harsh expletives can be qualified as excessive use as the user is circumventing a tool meant to keep the forums family-oriented, rated “g”, safe for work, etc. My first ever warn was for swear filter evasion and I remember the warn clearly. I had used a bad word and inserted a hyphen into it to emphasize the syllables. A child could have viewed that post and seen that and been offended. However, my latest warn was for filter evasion and I protest the justification behind it.

I was replying to this post in which Toto joked that he would kill someone if admin asked him to. I was amused by this and posted this. I was surprised at the filtering of that other game that involves the moon ( :P ) and thought it funny as said game is viewed by many as “CN for Losers”. So I wanted to make the filter public and show my appreciation for the sense of humor shown by the moderation. So I posted this thread to make it public. As you can see, I edited the letters of the aforementioned game to show what the filter was filtering. !@#$%* = !@#$%* wouldn’t make any sense.

At no point in that post, did I say anything that qualifies as a “harsh expletive”. The rules state nothing regarding the act of filter evasion. It is an offense only because of the language use rule which my post did not violate. Therefore, I ask for your consideration in this matter.

--------------------
THUMB WAR DAMMIT
Sword of Estel
Posted: Aug 14 2007, 08:55 PM

Senior Staff
Group Icon

Group: Lead Forum Admin
Member No.: 9,804

Filter evasion is a known warnable offense (happens all the time) and after you were censored for it re-posting a thread posting it again really wasn't the best idea. If a word is filtered admin obviously has a reason he doesn't want you doing it, to so blatantly disregard his wishes is definitely warnable, sorry. You were really pushing it with the first warn reduction and were lucky to get that one (may have been just because the mods it was on a fine line and the mods didn't want this to be what gets you permanently banned), so 20% warning for both posts is more than fair.

--------------------
Lasto beth nin, tolo dan na ngalad.

Forum or in-game abuse: Moderation
Please feel free to send me a PM.

Report Nation Sittinghere.
QUOTE (Zessa)
Estel>Anchova, Mikhail Gorbacheav, Renova, and Zessa>a spider>Comrade Yev>a rock>dirt>Ruben>Spurs> The OP
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1782 seconds | Archive