Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cyber Nations Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

THIS FORUM IS NOW A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE.
PLEASE GO TO http://forums.cybernations.net FOR THE CURRENT CYBER NATIONS FORUM.

Pages: (82) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

:. Resources & Trade Agreements
admin
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 07:08 PM

CN Admin / Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Nations can trade resources with one another via the trade screens. To trade with another nation you must be viewing their nation profile. At the top of the page there is a link that says “Trade”. Clicking that link will take you to a screen that will allow you to offer a trade proposal with that nation. The screen will allow you specify your reason for the trade and review the resources and other information for the trade. Once you click the ‘Offer Trade’ button a private message will be sent to the ruler of the nation that you proposed the trade to informing them of your trade offer.

The ‘Trade Summary’ screen is where you can review all the trades that your nation has submitted and is currently involved in. When new trades are first submitted they will be placed in ‘Awaiting Approval’ status in the 'Trade Summary' screen. In order for the trade to become active the nation that the trade was submitted to must approve it. Once the trade is approved it becomes active and both nations will begin sharing their resources. So, if Nation A has Fish and Cattle as resources and Nation B has Iron and Pigs, both nations will reap the benefits from being connected to Fish, Cattle, Iron, and Pigs. If both nations have a similar resource they will not receive double credit for that resource. (If both Nation A and Nation B have Fish then you don’t get double credit for having two connections to Fish.) Once a trade is approved both nations will have the option to cancel the trade. If a trade is canceled you may only resume trading with that particular trading partner by submitting a new trade request.

A nation may offer or be active in up to 4 trade requests at any given time (5 with a harbor improvement). If you are involved in or have offered 3 (4 with a harbor) trade agreements then you will not be able to submit any new trade offers until you first cancel one of your active trade agreements. You may continue to receive trade requests but if you are already involved in the maximum number of trade agreements any new trade requests will be placed in ‘Limit Reached’ status until you first cancel one or more of your existing trade agreements.

There are 21 resources available in the game. In most cases the resources can be combined for combined benefits:

(Posted Image) Aluminum – Increases soldier count +20%, lowers inital infrastructure cost -7%, and lowers initial cost of aircraft -8%.
(Posted Image) Cattle – Increases number of citizens +5% and lowers initial land cost -10%.
(Posted Image) Coal – Increases the purchased land area of a nation by 15%, increases soldier count +8%, and decreases infrastructure purchase cost -4%.
(Posted Image) Fish - Increases number of citizens +8% and lowers initial land cost -5%.
(Posted Image) Furs – Increases citizen’s daily income +$3.50 and increases the natural growth of a nation by 10%.
(Posted Image) Gold – Increases citizen’s daily income +$3.00 and lowers technology cost by 5%.
(Posted Image) Gems – Increases citizen’s daily income +$1.50 and increases population happiness +2.5.
(Posted Image) Iron – Lowers initial soldier cost -$3.00, lowers infrastructure upkeep costs -10%, lowers initial infrastructure costs -5%, lowers tank cost and upkeep costs -5%.
(Posted Image) Lead – Lowers inital cruise missile and nuclear weapon cost and upkeep cost -20%, lowers aircraft upkeep cost -20%, lowers tank cost and upkeep costs -8%, lowers soldier upkeep cost -$0.50.
(Posted Image) Lumber – Lowers inital infrastructure cost -6% and lowers infrastructure upkeep costs -8%.
(Posted Image) Marble – Lower inital infrastructure cost -10%.
(Posted Image) Oil - Lowers initial soldier cost -$3.00, increases population happiness +1.5, increases soldier count +10%, and lowers initial cost of aircraft -4%.
(Posted Image) Pigs – Lowers soldier upkeep cost -$0.50, increases soldier count +15%, and increases population +3.5%.
(Posted Image) Rubber - Increases purchased land area of a nation by 20%, lowers initial land cost -10%, triples the value of land when selling (from $100 to $300), decreases infrastructure purchase cost -3%, and lowers initial cost of aircraft -4%.
(Posted Image) Silver – Increases citizen’s daily income +$2.00 and increases population happiness +2.
(Posted Image) Spices – Increases the purchased land area of a nation by 8% and increases population happiness +2.
(Posted Image) Sugar – Increases the purchased land area of a nation by 5%, increases number of citizens +3%, and increases population happiness +1.
(Posted Image) Uranium – Reduces infrastructure upkeep cost -3%. Allow nations to develop nuclear weapons only if that nations government preference supports nuclear weapons. If a nations government preference favors nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but does not support nuclear weapons then the nation will receive +$3.00 per citizen and +$0.15 for every level of tech purchased up to level 30 but loses -1 population happiness. If a nation owns nuclear weapons but does not have uranium the cost to maintain nukes is doubled.
(Posted Image) Water – Increases number of citizens per mile before population unhappiness by 50, increases population happiness +2.5, and improves a nations environment by 10%.
(Posted Image) Wheat – Increases the purchased land area of a nation by 5% and increases number of citizens +8%.
(Posted Image) Wine – Increases population happiness +3.

Here is the list of bonus resources:

(Posted Image) Affluent Population - Increases population happiness +2. Requires Fine Jewelry, Fish, Furs, and Wine.
(Posted Image) Asphalt - Decreases infrastructure upkeep cost -5%. Requires Construction, Oil, and Rubber.
(Posted Image) Automobiles - Increases population happiness +3. Requires Asphalt and Steel.
(Posted Image) Beer - Increases population happiness + 2. Requires Water, Wheat, Lumber, and Aluminum.
(Posted Image) Construction - Reduces infrastructure cost -5% and raises the aircraft limit +10. Requires Lumber, Iron, Marble, Aluminum, and a technology level greater than 5.
(Posted Image) Fast Food - Increases population happiness + 2. Requires Cattle, Sugar, Spices, and Pigs.
(Posted Image) Fine Jewelry - Increases population happiness + 1.5. Requires Gold, Silver, Gems, and Coal.
(Posted Image) Microchips - Reduces technology cost -8%, increases population happiness +2. Requires Gold, Lead, Oil, and a technology level greater than 10.
(Posted Image) Radiation Cleanup - Removes 1 day of nuclear anarchy. Reduces global radiation effect on an individual nation -50% in CNT. Improves a nations environment by 10% in CN standard. Requires Construction, Microchips, Steel, and a technology level greater than 15.
(Posted Image) Scholars - Increases population income +$3.00. Requires a literacy rate greater than 90%, Lumber, and Lead.
(Posted Image) Steel - Reduces infrastructure cost -2%. Requires Coal and Iron.

If two nations trade within their own team each nation receives +1 happiness. If either trading partner changes teams both trade partners will lose this bonus.

This post has been edited by admin on Jul 30 2007, 11:39 AM
Rysonia
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 11:10 AM

No in-game nation match.

Group: Banned
Member No.: 19

*points everyone in the direction of the suggestions forum* It's asking a lot of the admin to go through every thread, de-bug the game and code new things for the game. It might be easier if we could all make use of the suggestion forum to see if something can be done about allowing them to stack. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Lady Jasmine Astaria
Leader of Rysonia
Most Nuked Non-Rogue Nation in Cybernations

In Peace we are the Rose, In War the Wolf, In Victory Merciful.

"If I bite Anthrax, she threatens to destroy my testicles... If I bite Rhiannon, she cries out for help... Dasgirl; she whimpers and hides in a closet... Rysonia... Well she  bites back."
Bumpy
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 11:26 AM

Knight X

Group: Members
Member No.: 35

Instead of stacking them, I'd rather see a surplus commodities market. B)

--------------------
user posted image

Chairman of the Bumpkin Council; Atrumian Regent of Bumpivania

QUOTE ((RudeBoy @ Mar 26 2007 @ 02:23 AM))
My goodness. A lot of people here really don't understand how important the wording in these kinds of documents is. You can't just call something a Mutual Defense Pact or a Non-Aggression Pact and think that none of the words in the document matter.
admin
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 06:16 PM

CN Admin / Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Schmerdro @ Feb 11 2006, 08:18 PM)
Where is the admin? He doesn't seem to be responding to these types of good questions lately...

I'm still around. The suggestions and bug forums are just keeping me busy latley. As per everyones suggestions lumber, iron, and government effect now stack. Each one reduces the cost of infrastructure by 5% so if you have all 3 in effect you'll get a 15% discount.
wingman13
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 06:24 PM

Unregistered

I have both lumber and iron and it still costs me 15 dollars to maintain each day. Also, the initial cost is still very high. I'm not sure which one of these the resources have effect on which, but I still have the same costs as I did a few days ago. Not sure what happened there...
admin
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 06:31 PM

CN Admin / Developer
Group Icon

Hi Wingman. I forgot to stack the daily infrastructure costs. Those are stacked as well now.

As far as the initial cost of infrastructrure... it goes up the more you get. Remember, you just got awarded 8 infras. for your video. The initial cost might be close to the same as it was before even with more infras since your resource benefits are stacking now.
wingman13
Posted: Feb 12 2006, 08:01 PM

Unregistered

Thanks, Admin.

I knew about the cost going up, but I wasn't sure which was affected. Maintain cost or pure cost. Thax again for changing it. I now have $500 less in bills. :J :J
SocCarolina
Posted: Feb 21 2006, 02:04 PM

Order of the Black Rose

Member No.: 437

I assume cattle and fish stack? Yes? If so, how do they stack - is it 10% more or is the %age multiplied?

TIA

--------------------
Sir SocCarolina, Knight XII
The Order of the Black Rose

user posted image
Nosedondekistan
Posted: Feb 21 2006, 02:13 PM

Founder of the Coven of the LOST

Member No.: 257

Cattle and fish do stack, probably the 10%.

--------------------
Inappropriate avatar deleted.
Edward Kirnovsky
Posted: Feb 23 2006, 09:17 PM

Unregistered

Do they for sure stack? If they do, the admin should put that on the resource guide.
Pius XIII
Posted: Feb 23 2006, 09:19 PM

Leader of Papal States (blue)
Group Icon

Group: NPO
Member No.: 394

For sure. My pop went up when I got cattle. I already have fish.

--------------------
IC Note: Unless signed by Pius XIII, this is a Papal States representative.
Top poster on these forums with 20,000+ posts.
Pius XIII is Pope of the CN Catholic Church.
Countless nukes taken for good and justice to prevail.

Member of the NPO.

Proud inventer of the term "ZI"
Harrissy
Posted: Feb 23 2006, 10:03 PM

Captain

Group: Banned - Appeal Denied
Member No.: 54

Do you get a hapiness bonus for ebing on no team and trading with someone on no team?

--------------------
user posted image

Long live the NPO!
Long live the ODN!
Long live the ICSN!
Long live the ODN!
Long live the ICP!

Well, that didn't go very well.
Long live the SBCN!
Pius XIII
Posted: Feb 23 2006, 10:04 PM

Group Icon

no, I don't think so.

--------------------

Member of the NPO.

Nosedondekistan
Posted: Feb 23 2006, 10:06 PM

Founder of the Coven of the LOST

Member No.: 257

QUOTE (Edward Kirnovsky @ Feb 23 2006, 11:17 PM)
Do they for sure stack?  If they do, the admin should put that on the resource guide.

For sure, I have both right now, and these last few days I have been switching on and off trade agreements, so I have seen the effects of having just one of them and then both. I'm pretty sure they stack, and you are right about the admin needing to update.

--------------------
Inappropriate avatar deleted.
Edward Kirnovsky
Posted: Mar 1 2006, 07:49 PM

Unregistered

Thanks.

And does anybody here know what religion this is?
Your people approve of this national religion but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They desire a modern middle eastern religion that focuses on monotheism.

I've already tried Christian, Judaism, and Islam, what else could it be???
depraved
Posted: Mar 2 2006, 01:20 AM

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

Group: GOONS
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (Edward Kirnovsky @ Mar 1 2006, 08:49 PM)
And does anybody here know what religion this is?
Your people approve of this national religion but the majority of your people would prefer something else. They desire a modern middle eastern religion that focuses on monotheism.

I've already tried Christian, Judaism, and Islam, what else could it be???

Wrong thread, but your nation wants Baha'i Faith.

--------------------
President D. Praved
New England's Nuclear Messiah
Even Chingy will tell you that boy don't curr.
user posted image
mexicanempire
Posted: Mar 3 2006, 07:26 PM

Unregistered

I have a qusetion:

Why are we only allowed 3 Trade Agreements?

Thanks to all who help
Pius XIII
Posted: Mar 3 2006, 07:30 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (mexicanempire @ Mar 3 2006, 08:26 PM)
I have a qusetion:

Thanks to all who help

Otherwise you can get all resources, which would remove strategy from the game.

--------------------

Member of the NPO.

mexicanempire
Posted: Mar 3 2006, 07:32 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Pius XIII @ Mar 3 2006, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (mexicanempire @ Mar 3 2006, 08:26 PM)
I have a qusetion:

Thanks to all who help

Otherwise you can get all resources, which would remove strategy from the game.

Thanks for the Info.
Edward Kirnovsky
Posted: Mar 6 2006, 07:41 PM

Unregistered

It's gay, but it does make a lot of sence; plus, like Pius XIII said, it would make the game boring.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (82) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1268 seconds | Archive