Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cyber Nations Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

THIS FORUM IS NOW A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE.
PLEASE GO TO http://forums.cybernations.net FOR THE CURRENT CYBER NATIONS FORUM.

Pages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

:. An Official Announcement, of the Grand Global Alliance
ALdbeign
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:26 PM

Na'hir Speaker, GGA Elder Statesman
Group Icon

Group: GGA
Member No.: 1,729

(Posted Image)
It is with great sadness that we have come to this.
For reasons we need not repeat.
Our Emperor, Prodigal_Chieftain, has become a liability, and a threat to the Grand Global Alliance.
For a long time we have protected Our Emperor.
After all, he is the Emperor and Founder of our alliance.
Alas it seems reason has no bounds.
And we cannot allow the continued harassment of our colleagues in the cyberverse.
We cannot tolerate threats levied against other alliances.
We cannot tolerate threats and ridicule of our own members.
We cannot allow violations of our charter by anyone, no matter their rank.

Prodigal_Chieftain has shown complete disregard
For our charter
For our alliance
For our community
(OOC: Sanctions for some of these actions are pending with the admin staff)

"do you burn the house down just because you built it?!"
"yes, it's my !@*&#^% house to burn"

We will not allow the Grand Global Alliance to be "burnt" to the ground.

Therefore
By decree of the Triumvirate and Elder Statesmen of this alliance
Prodigal_Chieftain is hereby deposed from his throne.
And is removed from our membership.

Furthermore, We of the Grand Global Alliance would like to apologize for a final time to all
who have been offended, slandered, insulted, or threatened by our former leader.
We trust these actions taken today will once and forevermore prove
that our alliance is one of intelligence, integrity, and respect.

(Posted Image)
Signed:
Bilrow, Triumvir, Minister of Foreign Affairs
BearerofTruth, Triumvir, Minister of Internal Affairs
Kevin the Great, Elder Statesman
ALdbeign, Elder Statesman

--------------------
ALdbeign, Speaker of the Na'hir, and Elder Statesman of the Grand Global Alliance.
user posted image
GGA off-site forum
GGA Wiki entry
GGA Recruitment Video
GGA sign-up thread
Bilrow
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:27 PM

Triumvirate Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,361

There comes a time as a leader that a tough decision has to be made. On one hand you know it’s a decision that has to be made, and on the other hand you know it could possibly lead to an uphill battle.

I come before you today in such a position. On one hand I have the weight of doing what is right for the good of the many, or the alliance. On the other hand I face possible retribution and scorn by someone who I have respect for what he has done and for where he has taken us as an alliance in the past.

It is with this back drop that today I announce that as one of the members of the Triumvirate, I support the decision of the removal of Prodigal_Chieftain not only as Emperor of the Grand Global Alliance but also a member. I support this decision with the liability he has become in threatening other alliances, threatening and ridiculing our own members, and in total disregard for the charter of the Grand Global Alliance and in violation of that charter.

As is stated in our charter for the Grand Global Alliance in regards to chivalry, “We believe each member's behavior reflects the alliance as a whole. We hope our alliance can be seen as a benevolent yet strong one in the eyes of all others.” These are words with which our great alliance was founded and upon which we stand today. Prodigal_Chieftain not only represented in the alliance in word but also in deed. So when his actions as a face of the Grand Global Alliance tarnishes the great heritage and history of the Grand Global Alliance. Action must be taken.

I take full responsibility for my stand in this decision making process, it was made in sound mind and in what I feel to be the right thing for the Grand Global Alliance. It is a sad day for me but I have to focus on what is the right thing for those I am chosen to lead.

Hail Grand Global Alliance!

Bilrow
Holy Triumvir, Chief Protector of the Realm, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Grand Global Alliance

--------------------
QUOTE (El Bruc)
[01:45] <ElBruc> Then I tried Marx/Lennon, but people thought I believed in @#$%.
beareroftruth

Reaper of Trusts and Oratory
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,107

It is with a heavy heart and heavy hands I come before you today.

When I began my membership in this great alliance, the Grand Global Alliance, I never thought I would have had to make such decisions. However, as I have been charged with the task of being a deciding party in this alliance as part of our Holy Triumvirate and as per our charter, in which I honor 100%, I must voice my support and responsibility for my signature being written on the statement written by our Elder statesmen and approved by our Triumvirate.

Also, as the Minister of Internal Affairs, I also voice the support of the actions of the Triumvirate. All members simply must follow our charter. The alliance can go nowhere without it. PC has had my loyalty from the day I started CN, however, that loyalty is now blemished with how he has degraded our alliance’s ideologies and what I’m sure was meant to come out of this alliance’s existence. My loyalty fully lies with the GGA and I feel we are doing what is best.

Regards to all involved and God Bless,
Beareroftruth
Holy Triumvir, Chief Protector of the Realm, Minister of Internal Affairs
Btoth

OOC attacks ftl.

Group: Banned - Appeal Denied
Member No.: 9,190

Finally!
KingPenchuk
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:28 PM

World Map Creator
Group Icon

Group: NpO
Member No.: 6,533

...:o But good to see you are realising how threatening he is.

This post has been edited by KingPenchuk on Sep 30 2006, 01:28 PM

--------------------
user posted image
argin
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:28 PM

Everyones favorite terrorist

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,383

:o Wow, not expected, are you guys just kicking him out, or will there be further action taken?

--------------------
Proud member of the VE. Always and forever.

July 12th - Happy Birthday VE, Hapy Birthday.

user posted image
filipinoboi122
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:29 PM

Trying is the 1st step to failure
Group Icon

Group: NPO
Member No.: 1,517

Will you be appointing a new Emperor?

--------------------
Every time you post I get stupider.

Arguing with a fool only proves there's two
Join the NPO
Memento Mori
stickster
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:30 PM

Unregistered

Way to kick one of the remaining good leaders guys. Just because prodigal wasn't in over his head in RP doesn't mean you need to kick him out of his e-house like an angry wife who doesn't go to work but demands everything.
Samuel L Jackson

The Card Cheat

Member No.: 6,088

IC: PC, you could maybe kinda I dunno come to LUE >_>

This post has been edited by Samuel L Jackson on Sep 30 2006, 01:36 PM

--------------------
user posted image
mq3eleven

Ms. Peachez

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,490

I'm sure this must have been a tough decision, but I believe it was the correct one.

--------------------
Oh come on, it's called 'joking around' on IRC. There's a difference between saying that on here, and saying it on IRC. Nothing said on IRC should ever be taken seriously.
Kaselande
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer
Group Icon

Member No.: 105

I hope this is a new era of prosperity for the GGA.

--------------------
user posted image

QUOTE (VX)
The New Pacific Order has destroyed the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization as we know it. They have destroyed the National Alliance for Artic Countries. They have destroyed the LUEnited Nations, they have destroyed Fark, and they are in the process of destroying the Legion. Do not tell me it was their allies. It was their political maneuvering, brilliant though it may have been, which gave their allies the capabilities to commit such atrocity.

No matter how many times I read that I still get giddy
Remus White
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:31 PM

Unregistered

My respect for the GGA just grew enormously. Wow. Good job guys, hope the 'getting rid of him process' isn't to messy.

Of course, this means P_C doesn't have an alliance, and is now open for assaults...

This post has been edited by Remus White on Sep 30 2006, 01:32 PM
Il Duce Buono
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:32 PM

Proud USN Member

Member No.: 8,192

Wow.... well Im glad to see PC out of power after all those comments... but anyway tough luck PC, and good luck GGA :J

--------------------
if you love to paintball put this in your sig.
user posted image
user posted image
Rika Inouye

Colonel

Member No.: 10,631

<clap>

Great job, GGA. Hope your alliance propers.
Dilber

Imperator Emeritus of the New Pacific Order
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

While I might not usually take sides in an internal matter, the tirade earlier made by Prodigal Chieftan makes this very easy. The New Pacific Order recognizes the new Government of the GGA.

--------------------
user posted image
Standartenfuhrer of the New Pacific Order
Imperator Emeritus of the New Pacific Order
QUOTE (The Dragon Reborn @ Oct 16 2006, 01:35 PM)
What can you do? It's the NPO we're talking about, here. We're putting up a fight for first, but look at how far behind we are...

QUOTE (Liquidizzer @ Mar 8 2007, 06:31 PM)
Which is  why we won the war over ICP, which was twice or triple the size of GATO when we fought them.

List of dullards: Revolution_XYZ, Kaiser Falcon
Matthijs
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:33 PM

No in-game nation match.

Member No.: 1,342

In PC's thread, I claimed:

This represents the GGA. End of story. If the other leaders of that sorry excuse for an alliance really had a problem with PC making an idiot out of himself on a weekly basis, they would have removed him from power long ago.

I hereby retract these words, effective immediately, and extend my apologies for them. I said it at a time when I was tired and frustrated with what appeared to be yet another slap in our face, but I should not have made this conclusion. May our nation individually, and the NPO collectively, forever remain at peace with the GGA.

This post has been edited by Matthijs on Sep 30 2006, 01:33 PM

--------------------
the advocates of alternative, non-family and kin-centered lifestyles such as, for instance, individual hedonism, parasitism, nature-environment worship, homosexuality, or communism-will have to be physically removed from society, too, if one is to maintain a libertarian order.

Hans-Hermann Hoppe, "a pioneer in the libertarian tradition"(source) explaining "the freedom philosophy".
Shadow Walker
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:33 PM

Half man, half amazing

Group: Retired Moderator
Member No.: 8,017

I'm sorry to disappoint, but Prodigal Chieftan will not be here to respond.

He has been banned from the forums and game for receiving another warning today. I have given him too many chances, and so have the other administrators. This is a done deal.

Carry on.

--------------------
For all your Forum Administration needs.

R.I.P. Steve Irwin, "The Crocodile Hunter"
Kevin the Great
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 01:34 PM

King Hell Dictator of Cybernations
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,178

I echo the statements of my brothers here today. When I resigned as Triumvir, I did so out of frustration with the return of PC and Atherton. I now realize that was a mistake, as I only left my problems for the new Triumvirate to deal with. My conscience will not allow me to leave unfinished business.

The GGA is bigger than any one man, and the survival of the alliance is more important to me that loyalty to someone who has proven to be unworthy of it. Therefore, for the good of the GGA, the Charter, our allies, and indeed CN as a whole, I do hereby declare Prodigal_Cheiftan to be unfit for command, and renounce my loyalty to him as Emperor of the GGA.

I trust that our allies will understand that the GGA has rough times ahead, but that we will be a better alliance than ever at the end of the coming trials. We will be counting on the support and solidarity of our friends now more than ever.

Kevin the Great
Elder Statesman
Grand Global Alliance

--------------------
user posted image

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults, — if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of government but what may be a blessing to the people, if well administered; and I believe, farther, that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic government, being incapable of any other.
-- Benjamin Franklin, Speech to the Constitutional Convention (1787-06-28)
Btoth

OOC attacks ftl.

Group: Banned - Appeal Denied
Member No.: 9,190

Hail!
Starfox101

Hail

Member No.: 1,241

Wow. This is very surprising.

--------------------
Oh, look, it's Starfox.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1834 seconds | Archive