Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cyber Nations Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

THIS FORUM IS NOW A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE.
PLEASE GO TO http://forums.cybernations.net FOR THE CURRENT CYBER NATIONS FORUM.

Pages: (22) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

:. Nation Purchases
WildFire
Posted: Apr 18 2006, 10:21 PM

Heil the NPO!
Group Icon

Group: NPO
Member No.: 1,120

I think we should get natural population growth. They say it would take 9 months for one round of babies, yet this game is in no way real time because we get taxes each day, while in reality, the tax collection is about once a year. Also the time period is unsupported by the fact that buying infrastructure only takes a few seconds but increases your population symultaneosly.

The infrastructure is killing me
$3,969.80 Per level at my current level of 190.75
Atlantis5325
Posted: Apr 19 2006, 07:47 AM

Sergeant

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,336

How much does it generaly cost to buy enough infrastructure to be able to by cruise missles or nuclear wepons? <slap>
Adam[Pacetora]
Posted: Apr 23 2006, 04:51 AM

Sergeant

Member No.: 1,434

Cruise missiles are independent of infra in theory, but in practise you'll need infra to hold enough dough-making citizens to account for upkeep [4K per missile and 150 to maintain. Translate currencies as appropirate] - and thats without tech. I'd personally wait until I'm making about 15000 a day before pondering that option

Dunno about nukes - although you will be eyed suspiciously by all if you try to buy them without reason. Also, they cost a helluva bomb [no pun intended]

Question - what does Land encroachment do to ones nation?

--------------------
Roses are Red
Violets are blue
I have multiple personalities
and so do we.
Celton
Posted: Apr 23 2006, 07:04 AM

President of Sedar
Group Icon

Member No.: 190

QUOTE (Adam[Pacetora] @ Apr 23 2006, 05:51 AM)
Question - what does Land encroachment do to ones nation?

Absolutely nothing.

--------------------
Cybernations Wiki User Page: Celton

Cybernations Wiki Nation: Sedar
stured
Posted: Apr 29 2006, 11:56 AM

First Sergeant
Group Icon

Member No.: 183

your wrong!...i believed that and i had around 210 land (it was an accident) then i got rid of 50 and i lost 1 per a person (thats 1 tax so its around 4 per a person income wise) i also lost some environment (which is why i lost money) so land seems to play a big part environment wise..at least not it does

p.s. i lost one envionment star thingy

--------------------
Celton
Posted: Apr 29 2006, 12:42 PM

President of Sedar
Group Icon

Member No.: 190

Land encroachment (where one nation overlaps another nation on the nation map) doesn't affect your nation in any way. However, land does server other rolls:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Land

--------------------
Cybernations Wiki User Page: Celton

Cybernations Wiki Nation: Sedar
krelian
Posted: Apr 30 2006, 10:05 AM

Unregistered

Quick question. I was invading this person on defcon 5 with only 12 soldiers. I had 30 and was on defcon 1. The percentages of me winning were 66% and of him winning were 34%. The outcome comes back and I was decisively defeated and lost 22 men while he lost 3. I was just wondering how in the world that was possible.
United Blobs
Posted: Apr 30 2006, 10:16 AM

Former GPA President (again)
Group Icon

Group: GPA
Member No.: 624

Battle outcomes are random. 66% is not a certain victory.

--------------------
Gone
user posted image
Posted: May 1 2006, 08:38 PM

dead

Member No.: 2,498

QUOTE (United Blobs @ Apr 30 2006, 11:16 AM)
Battle outcomes are random. 66% is not a certain victory.

AGREED
Daniel Todd
Posted: May 4 2006, 09:06 PM

Unregistered

does too much infrostructure cause lesser working inviroments...and does trading uanium do that too?
Oceanborn
Posted: May 7 2006, 09:00 AM

Kicking NPO A$$!

Member No.: 3,048

Can someone explain this to me?

I bought 14 soldiers, bringing my count up to 39... but it dropped my happiness by 2!?!?

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>War Is Essential To Development</span></span>
United Blobs
Posted: May 7 2006, 10:27 AM

Former GPA President (again)
Group Icon

Group: GPA
Member No.: 624

How many citizens do you have?

--------------------
Gone
user posted image
Drai
Posted: May 7 2006, 10:40 AM

\m/ember
Group Icon

Group: \m/
Member No.: 2,208

Too many soldiers can decrease your environment rating, and it can also make your citizens feel uncomfortable, which both lower happiness.

--------------------
My Nation - 61,442.665
Gray
Posted: May 11 2006, 03:31 PM

First Sergeant

Member No.: 2,205

so if "the price of infrastructure go up by 1.5 x your total number of infrastructure purchases"

I should save up my money and only buy infrastructure once a week? seeing as that means the number of purchases is less, the cost would be less than if i bought it every day right?

--------------------
user posted image
Fallon
Posted: May 11 2006, 04:34 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gray @ May 11 2006, 05:31 PM)
so if "the price of infrastructure go up by 1.5 x your total number of infrastructure purchases"

I should save up my money and only buy infrastructure once a week? seeing as that means the number of purchases is less, the cost would be less than if i bought it every day right?

You could do it that way. However, the is a cap limit on how much can be purchased at one time, which would limit this approach.

And then there is the fact that you'd be sitting the entire week in a stagnated state. And the income brought in from tax revenues will likely be less than if you bought infrastructure daily.

You may end up spending more purchasing as you go along, but you will see daily increases to your nation's strength. I'm sure someone with the time could do a spread sheet on such a scenario comparing the two approaches.

I advocate buying daily and growing daily. It's what most of us do.

This post has been edited by Fallon on May 11 2006, 04:34 PM
Gililand
Posted: May 11 2006, 05:36 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (WildFire @ Apr 18 2006, 10:21 PM)
I think we should get natural population growth. They say it would take 9 months for one round of babies, yet this game is in no way real time because we get taxes each day, while in reality, the tax collection is about once a year. Also the time period is unsupported by the fact that buying infrastructure only takes a few seconds but increases your population symultaneosly.

The infrastructure is killing me
$3,969.80 Per level at my current level of 190.75

In Rl witholding taxes are collected every pay period, not yearly.
Taryn
Posted: May 11 2006, 05:38 PM

Unregistered

I know infra increases income, is there anything else that does that other than gold and gems and the like?
dtaddie
Posted: May 12 2006, 07:43 PM

}{Red Team[-]NPO Member}{

Member No.: 2,350

does infrastructure ever stop increasing because it starts to get expensive over 125 almost seems not worth it and why do they make tech increase? its so expensive as it is 10k a level im making 26k a day but i can only buy 1.25 tech with that it gets so frustrating anyone have a solution not only with resources because that sort of helps but any other factors that would lower it?

--------------------
..........................................................................................
..........................................................................................
gassmaskparatruper
Posted: May 12 2006, 07:45 PM

Command Sergeant Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

for me infra is like 13k a level...

i have around 200
dtaddie
Posted: May 12 2006, 07:45 PM

}{Red Team[-]NPO Member}{

Member No.: 2,350

why do land prices go up as well? this kinda seems unneccessary makes it harder to get big from natural growth. maybe it doesnt go up in price but i think ive seen slight increases

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (22) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1454 seconds | Archive