Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Cyber Nations Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

THIS FORUM IS NOW A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE.
PLEASE GO TO http://forums.cybernations.net FOR THE CURRENT CYBER NATIONS FORUM.

Pages: (67) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

:. Global Radiation
Jeoshua
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:32 PM

Captain

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,845

Curses... foiled by the Rogue Rogue again!

Awesome, love the new addition... :J

This post has been edited by Jeoshua on Jul 12 2006, 12:32 PM

--------------------
Jεosнΰд, Ɲευяoтopΐд
Ʀєɢɛɴʈ Ɲɛoʗoятɜχ

user posted image
Chris_Kaos

No naiton = no forum account.

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,069

Interesting addition, Admin, although I personally think that it should be affected by your nation's location.

It would be SOMETHING to use that location for.

In real life, you aren't necessarily affected by nuclear explosions on the other side of the planet.

--------------------
user posted image

Member of the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization from the twenty-fourth of March, two thousand and six through the nineteenth of July, two thousand and seven.
PingPongPay

IM GUNAH EET UR BRANEZ
Group Icon

Group: GPA
Member No.: 4,933

Nice addition. The environment hit shouldn't be too devestating (unless everyone goes crazy) and it adds realism. :J

However, I don't think CN will be seeing that +1 happiness bonus anytime soon. 10 nukes or less per month is probably going to be extremely (if not next to impossible) to reach, especially with rogues.

Hmmm....now the world needs to figure out how to keep people from using nukes...

Maybe a nuclear council? Nations would apply to have permission from the council to use a nuke. If the council deems nuclear use appropriate then they could go ahead and use it. However, with rogues, such a council probably wouldn't work, and many people probably wouldn't even listen.

edit: spelling. Spelled nukes "nues".

This post has been edited by PingPongPay on Jul 12 2006, 12:33 PM

--------------------

Check out the GPA's Graphic Studio today!

user posted image
Jeoshua
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:33 PM

Captain

Member No.: 4,845

QUOTE (Chris_Kaos @ Jul 12 2006, 02:32 PM)
Interesting addition, Admin, although I personally think that it should be affected by your nation's location.

It would be SOMETHING to use that location for.

In real life, you aren't necessarily affected by nuclear explosions on the other side of the planet.

Sure you are. If 40 some nukes went off in asia right now, the whole world would be affected at the radiation got swept up in the crosswinds

--------------------
Jεosнΰд, Ɲευяoтopΐд
Ʀєɢɛɴʈ Ɲɛoʗoятɜχ

user posted image
Btothex
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

Group: Banned - Appeal Denied
Member No.: 6,381

msot cool

--------------------
[IMG]http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/3676/bthead8ge.png[/IMG]
Ragashingo
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:35 PM

Head of GATO Intelligence

Member No.: 469

With the number of nukes around its extremely unlikely that 10 won't be fired off in 30 days. This seems a bit overly harsh, maybe it should be like 40 - 50 nukes which would represent a real war instead of 10 which represents what passes for peace around here...

--------------------
[9:26pm] <Chris_Kaos> I'm from Canadian.
Hannibal1
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:40 PM

Command Sergeant Major
Group Icon

Group: NPO
Member No.: 3,583

I lost half a star... I'm not perfect environment anymore. :(

At least i know others are suffering too... ROFLMAO
Chris_Kaos
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Ragashingo @ Jul 12 2006, 02:35 PM)
With the number of nukes around its extremely unlikely that 10 won't be fired off in 30 days. This seems a bit overly harsh, maybe it should be like 40 - 50 nukes which would represent a real war instead of 10 which represents what passes for peace around here...

Ragashingo is right. In a major nuclear war, anywhere from 25 to 50 could go off, and that's not even coming close to exhauting our resources.

I would guess that 15-25 nukes this month were rogue attacks. That is to say, non aligned.

--------------------
user posted image

Member of the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization from the twenty-fourth of March, two thousand and six through the nineteenth of July, two thousand and seven.
GREATBAY
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:41 PM

Unregistered

I lost a dollar a day for each citizen in tax,5k less a day,I would see this as a permanent event...feel sorry for new nations have to pay so long for something they will probably never obtain.I wouldn't wait for too many hurrah's on this one.
Rich333
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:42 PM

This is Bob. Bob's going to eat your liver.

Member No.: 3,806

QUOTE (Squintus @ Jul 12 2006, 02:24 PM)
Try to think of it as a uniting force against rogues.

And alliances which use nukes in retaliation against them.

--------------------
QUOTE (Robert Heinlein @ The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress)
"Professor, your words sound good but there is something slippery about them. Too much power in the hands of individuals--surely you would not want ... well, H-missiles for example--to be controlled by one irresponsible person?"

"My point is that one person is responsible. Always. If H-bombs exist--and they do--some man controls them. In terms of morals there is no such thing as 'state.' Just men. Individuals. Each responsible for his own acts."
Letum
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:42 PM

Comrade Letum of the Novus Ordo Pacificus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 905

Make it 1% instead of 2%....it is way too punishing as is...

--------------------
Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. Letum is here.
hubbird
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:44 PM

NOT International Communist Party

Member No.: 6,527

What about a global cap and trade system -- i.e. all nations agree to limit the global radiation level to .2, which means no more than 10 nukes per month. These could be doled out to the major alliances, or we could have a monthly inter-alliance auction of nuclear credits with the proceeds going to an inter-alliance aid fund to provide the resources to deal with rogues by using conventional weaponry rather than nuking them.

As to curbing rogue use of nukes -- what about giving them the option to sign a non-proliferation agreement as an individual nation?

Eager to hear others' thoughts.

This post has been edited by hubbird on Jul 12 2006, 12:45 PM

--------------------
Rogue scum.
Chris_Kaos
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:45 PM

Also, it seems that if you have been attacked with a nuclear weapon, it severly affects your happiness for a long time. Longer than before.

--------------------
user posted image

Kaiser Martens
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:46 PM

The Snake

Member No.: 108

>_> Damn, radiation SUX.

--------------------
<CatCow[FAN]> NPO is Russia
<CatCow[FAN]> GOONS are Germany
<CatCow[FAN]> and we're Poland...

Yah I'm back in NoV.
Rich333
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:47 PM

This "improvement" sucks so long as the suggestion that it be based on the amount of total land in CN is not implemented along with it. The more land there is, the less effect radiation should have. The global radiation level is only going to continue rising, as the number of nations, and thus the number of nuclear-capable nations, increases.

I think the nation of the individual who came up with this idea should be knocked down to zero infra, along with anyone who has used a nuke in the past month. :angry:

--------------------
"Professor, your words sound good but there is something slippery about them. Too much power in the hands of individuals--surely you would not want ... well, H-missiles for example--to be controlled by one irresponsible person?"

"My point is that one person is responsible. Always. If H-bombs exist--and they do--some man controls them. In terms of morals there is no such thing as 'state.' Just men. Individuals. Each responsible for his own acts."
Rich333
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Letum @ Jul 12 2006, 02:42 PM)
Make it 1% instead of 2%....it is way too punishing as is...

:J

--------------------

G3t 0n My L3v3L
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:49 PM

Under investigation as Liam-O multi

Member No.: 5,779

hey thats no fair. with this new addition <huuuu> MY CITIZENS LOST 85 CENTS ""(>_<)""!!!!!! lol, but 4 real i did.... but i like the addition.... i would like it even better if my citizens can get their 85 cents back <reddev> <<%

This post has been edited by Traxx on Jul 12 2006, 12:49 PM

--------------------
[IMG]http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-44287-1171670983.jpg[/IMG]

Want to make a EASY $3 mill or more? (I am serious, this isnt a joke link)
Rich333
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Jeoshua @ Jul 12 2006, 02:32 PM)
Awesome, love the new addition... :J

I hope you get nuked by a rogue for that.

--------------------

Rich333
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:51 PM

QUOTE (hubbird @ Jul 12 2006, 02:44 PM)
As to curbing rogue use of nukes -- what about giving them the option to sign a non-proliferation agreement as an individual nation?

Really? You want to hear my thoughts?

The admin basically just handed the game to the rogues.

--------------------

Hannibal1
Posted: Jul 12 2006, 12:54 PM

Command Sergeant Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,583

QUOTE (Rich333 @ Jul 12 2006, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (hubbird @ Jul 12 2006, 02:44 PM)

Really? You want to hear my thoughts?

The admin basically just handed the game to the rogues.

Quite true. People will love setting off nukes so the whole CN will suffer. Then the rouges will leave CN. <sadno>

This post has been edited by Hannibal1 on Jul 12 2006, 12:55 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic OptionsPages: (67) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1803 seconds | Archive