|Welcome to Cyber Nations Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
THIS FORUM IS NOW A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE.
PLEASE GO TO http://forums.cybernations.net FOR THE CURRENT CYBER NATIONS FORUM.
:. Nuclear Smuggling
|Republic of Umar
The candy man can
Member No.: 34,045
Joined: 6-June 07
As it stands, the top 5% of nations can acquire nukes. That’s great and all, but I was thinking, wouldn’t it be interesting if say, you could aid a smaller nation a nuke. Think of it from an alliance standpoint. The leader could buy a nuke, and then aid it to one of his smaller nations to hold onto. This does a few things. A. Muddles the amount of nukes an alliance has (the Alliance score would reflect this, but if you aided properly, it would be hard for a bystander to calculate exactly how many nukes the alliance has). B. Can be used to keep nuke costs down, by spreading them around. C. Nations wouldn’t be so quick to jump to war, because at a lower infa level a nuke can do a lot of damage. As for how to aid a nuke I propose a nuke transfer look something like 50 lvls of tech, maybe it should cost money to aid a nuke as well. You’re not aiding 50 tech either; it just looks like it to the observer. I don’t know, I thought it'd make things a little more interesting.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you wish the other 8% would stop whining put this in your sig
Stay classy, Cyber Nations.
QUOTE (V The King @ Sep 1 2007, 08:24 PM)
Whenever I see a thread like this one, I think "\m/ission accomplished".
Member No.: 8,127
Joined: 27-July 06
|QUOTE (Golan 1st @ Aug 20 2007, 12:55 AM)|
|QUOTE (Hickersonopolis @ Aug 20 2007, 05:04 AM)|
| I disagree. Nuclear proliferation is just what this game needs to remain interesting for those of us who have come damned close to achiving nuclear capability NUMEROUS times only to watch the ranks skyrocket again and again leaving us in the dust.|
I'd suggest a limit of 10 percent of max rank for nations reciving nuclear weapons as aid, only to keep things a little more fair for everyone.
The game is fair.
Today's big nations were once small. Most of them received much less aid during their life time than those players who instead of learning the game and developing their nations keep whining about how unfair the game is.
You want nukes? Great. Meet the requirements and get them.
"those of us who have come damned close to achiving nuclear capability NUMEROUS times only to watch the ranks skyrocket again and again leaving us in the dust" surely do something wrong if this happens to them NUMEROUS times.
I have to agree. I haven't purchased anything but a Wonder in a month now and thusly have dropped 1.3% in the rankings. I'm still well within that top 5%. If you notice, I'm actually a couple weeks younger than Hickersonopolis. The gross sum of aid that I received as a young nation was...$6,000. Since becoming a larger nation, I've sent out tens of million in Aid. Please don't tell me it's impossible to get into the top ranks now. With the aid new nations can get, it'll take you a lot less time than it took me. (About 8-9 months).
R.I.P. NPO - Time of Death: Aug 14 2007, 09:36 PM
Member of the Margrave Fan Club
DO NOT CLICK ->
|QUOTE (admin @ Feb 14 2007, 08:50 PM)|
| Wow this thread is epic|
|QUOTE (The Fireman @ July 26 2007, 05:31 PM)|
|It's ok Delta, the mods still love you. But the forum skin is not a user and we cannot warn it.|
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)