InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Cosmos Academy. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME
Congratulations on your acceptance to Cosmos Academy! We are delighted to have you as a student and as an asset to our campus and community. As a part of our Academy, you will be placed into a house upon your arrival to campus and successful completion of the Opening Ceremonies. There are some things to keep in mind, however. This is a mature learning facility and we expect you to behave as such. We also expect you to treat your fellow pupils with respect. If any issues come up, please, do not hesitate to PM a Mod or Admin.

UPDATES
Coming Soon:
"...You want me to help you bomb government headquarters!?"

Site is currently closed.
Check back for updates.

Month of March
"olycksbådande"

SETTING
”These are dangerous times. To say what you feel is to dig your own grave….”

“The island of Ilmatar is no longer the haven for the supernatural world. Enchantments and magic were not enough to keep Cosmos or the town of Avalar safe. We should have seen them coming. When our children were killed in other lands, we should have known. This revolution…it cannot be contained, it’s too late now. A spark has caught in the hearts of students and an inferno will bring about chaos and darkness, however, it would be wise to know that fire will always shine the brightest in complete and utter darkness.”
- Aloric Cornelius Wolfgang (February, 19th, 2115)

CHARACTER COUNT
Cosmos Professors:
♀ 4
♂ 9

Underclassmen:
♀ 2
♂ 1

Upperclassmen:
♀ 10
♂ 11

Avalar Citizens:
♀ 2
♂ 2

IMPORTANT LINKS

STAFF

Plot Status:
Commenced.

CHATTERBOX

Affiliates
RPG-DSeduced By MoonlightPhotobucketDisposable HeroesHOGWARTS_HAVENANOTHER TRAGEDY twilight ever afterWitch Storm

FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENTTHE USUAL SUSPECTS
Credits
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR
Skin by Kuno. Graphics by Kuno. Photoshop brushes by Obsidian Dawn. Header photograph by Michael-Rayne of Deviantart.com.

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) closednew topicnew poll

Splash!, Ino/Kuno
Nari
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 05:46 PM

Fourm Regular

Group: Mod
Member No.: 20

Blistering hot. It was the only way to describe the overly sunny weather they were having on the island. Had it always been so hot in late April? Stephen was sure it was a clear sign that it was due to global warming and dooms day was lurking by. At least that was the poor excuse humans used to come up with in the past when it got so hot, not that they had outgrown their ways, Stephen was sure they still used that as a cover up for their reckless ways. Back on subject, what better way to spend the emergence of spring, perhaps the beginnings of summer than by getting sun burnt? There was no better way of achieving that than by going to the water park.

It only had a few days of being open, but the park was already overflowing with students both from Cosmos and the human high school. How could it not be? It was hot and the school's swimming pool was overcrowded with upperclassmen students who thought they were too good and popular. Stephen couldn't wait to be an upperclassmen, he would do what he wanted when he wanted. Now, the dark haired violet eye teen looked around for his friends, what was taking them so long? "I'm getting burnt by the minute.." Because they had not seen each other in two weeks? Stephen had lost count, they had agreed to meet up and spend the day together at the waterpark, what better way to spend a day off from school than to go on rides and pay for overly priced burgers and pizza. The teen had decided to wear a bold print, a hawaiian styled swim trunks, that way in case he got lost they would be able to find him easily. For the moment he wore a white t-shirt, but that would come off by the time they went on rides.

--------------------

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:21 PM

- Off with your head.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The absence from the two boys had come unexpected, almost out of nowhere. It always felt that way with Lucian, at least Rin thought so, to her it always felt as if he would suddenly disappear even though she had no concrete reason to believe that. Now, Rin didn't mind much not hanging around with Stephen, after all he was more of Lucian's friend than hers, even if she was the reason Lucian even knew Stephen. However, the absence of her boyfriend had been everywhere she looked, Rin didn't handle alone well, she was a people person, she needed that. It hadn't lasted very long, coincidentally, she had recently reconnected with an old friend in the time away from the two boys, Travis in a way had been the band aid that had kept the loneliness away. At least she hadn't been so bored as she could have been.

Waving over at Stephen, the blonde girl made her way to the taller boy noticing he was here alone, was Lucian ditching them? "You're early." It wasn't a question, but it wasn't so much accusing either but he really shouldn't be complaining about them not being here when he was early. The blonde had come prepared with bottles of sunscreen, she burned easily and a sunburn was the last thing she needed but if she happened to get one, it would match with the color of her chosen bikini, a bright lobster red.

--------------------
Teachers;
[703] Aloric Wolfgang - Headmaster
[64] Naveen Chiranjeevi - Mathematics
[59] Kirk Assets - Combat Coach

Students;
[21] Rin Masami||Light Angel - Lucian Fahnentrager
[21] Nicolette Labarre||Siren
[26] Maximiliano DeLuca||Shape-Shifter - Athena Avery
[21] Holly Delacroix||Witch
[18] Mikan Hawkersmith||Dark Angel
[22] Gregward Blasingame||Fairy

Avalar Citizens;
[243] Evaristus Theophilus Anacletus IV - Priest
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 02:41 AM

Fourm Regular

Stephen turned his head at the sound of a familiar voice, his head ducking down to actually see the short blonde. "Not early, on time." He corrected with a grin as he looked around for his fellow friend, was Lucian late? That boy needed a watch or a pocket watch to keep track of the time, why was he always late? Maybe he was planning on not showing up. If that was the case then Stephen would have an extremely serious talk with the dark haired teen, he couldn't keep ditching them. He could ditch him, after the new dorm rearrangement he got to see him everyday, but he couldn't keep avoiding Rin. "Do you want to wait for Lucian or go inside already?" He asked before remembering he had to put sunscreen. Stephen had gone all out and bought the fancy a hundred and five spf sunscreen, the one that was sprayed. "Actually let's wait five more minutes." He finished spraying himself before motioning Rin to turn around. "You'll get burnt." She seemed like the kind that turned like a lobster, "ill spray your back then you can finish yourself." He added before spraying her back. "So, word on the street is that you and Travis have been hanging out a lot. How true is that?"

--------------------

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 04:49 AM

- Off with your head.

"Right, right on time. I was just late." Rin wasn't going to argue with Stephen because no matter how right you were he would always make you seem wrong and make himself right. He would make a great politician, he was a good talker, too bad he was too nice to actually be one. At the mention of Lucian the blonde shrugged, more than likely he would be shifted so they wouldn't recognize him, he would be the looking for them. "I don't know if he'll come, I haven't talked to him in a while." The angel flinched when Stephen sprayed the sunscreen on her back, it was freezing. Rin had never liked those spray sunscreens, for whatever reason it felt as if the regular kind protected her more, at least she'd like to believe. "What?" Oh God, what was up with all the rumors? "It's true." She shrugged once again, reaching inside the bag she was carrying and taking out her own sunscreen, the regular one. "He's a childhood friend, that's it."

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:27 AM

Fourm Regular

Stephen repressed a laugh, "damn right you were late. " He muttered as he finished spraying her back, muttering an I'm sorry when he noticed she had flinched. He should have warned her that the bloody thing was ice cold, but it was better to be sorry about it than to hear her complaining later on about her skin hurting because of the sun. Stephen did feel bad about the situation she was in, "He's been awfully busy, I'm sure he'll turn about eventually Rin." He tried not to sound doubtful, because he himself wasn't even positive Lucian would make it here, but if he didn't show up Stephen would make sure the girl didn't leave melancholic. When she mentioned that the rumors were true Stephen almost felt himself choke on his spit, she was admitting it? "Oh..wait you two are old friends?" He needed to stop listening to these rumors. "Oh then I guess that alright."

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:53 AM

- Off with your head.

"I just wish he would tell me he's going to disappear, at least I wouldn't be left wondering where he is looking like an idiot and having to make up excuses when other people ask me where he is when I wasn't even informed." If anything Rin was a little ticked off about him just leaving without telling her, but she would get over it of course he needed to know that it didn't sail smooth with her. However, she had to thank him for his little disappearance, if it hadn't been for that she wouldn't have reconnected with Travis, Rin had forgotten just how much she really liked Travis, he was good company to keep. Maybe her brother would benefit from his company...or maybe not. "Yeah, our families used to spend the summers together. One summer he just disappeared, my parents never mentioned it and I never asked." The angel shrugged. "People always have to talk, it's stupid."

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:03 AM

Fourm Regular

"Boys will be boys.". Stephen grinned as he shook the sunscreen spray and began spraying his arms, maybe he should take on of those disappearances. It seemed girls took noticed when you suddenly went awol. "Between you and I." Stephen leaned closer to the girl, as if he were sharing a huge secret that was for only her to hear. "I know why he's gone." A little story wouldn't hurt anyone, he was after all notorious for his stories. "The reason why he left is because he met someone." Hm, what would make his story believable? "She's a little pink haired girl by the name of Cotton, she plays the piano." Cotton the piano player, Stephen could see that now on the screens on movie theaters. "He fancies her. She's awfully nice, never hits him or anything. Shy little girl, they compliment each other fairly well, maybe he's planning to replace you." Hopefully Rin knew that he was only messing around with his story. As he finished, he listened to the angel talk about the new transfer student, "Still waters run deep. There wouldn't be any talk if people didn't see things. You two have history of course. Do you like him?" Stephen was beginning to get awful suspicious himself, when she talked about him...she did it in the same manner she did when she talked about Lucian. "You know you can't like two people at the same time."

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:28 AM

- Off with your head.

Boys will be boys? Was that the best Stephen could come up with to excuse him? Rin was mere seconds away from coming up with whatever to change the subject when he suddenly found him approaching her and telling him about this Cotton girl. Rin wanted to believe that Stephen was just making it up, she wouldn't have believed him at all if she had seen Lucian in the past weeks, but because that was not the case she found herself doubting that his story was a lie. Was she being replaced? Had he lost interest in her? Yet once again before she could say anything he started bombarding her with questions, Stephen was talking too much. Rin didn't like Travis like that, no. What she felt for him was different, Travis gave her a lot of attention, took her words as if they were worth gold, he made her feel important but that didn't mean she liked him, liked him, he was a good friend, like a long lost best friend. "What I feel for him is different than what I feel for Lucian so drop the subject already." She was beginning to get irritated with Stephen, did the subject of Travis bothered her so much after the little incident between them at the amusement park? No.

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:42 AM

Fourm Regular

Stephen narrowed his purple colored eyes as he mentally noted that Rin was beginning to get agitated with all his questions, and lord knew that meant there was a story behind them and the dark haired lad was itching to know what it was. Eggs forgive me for what I'm about to tell Salsa. Its just to get that story out. "Listen Salsa, its better to be alone than to be with someone who is half there or doesn't want to be there. Once you care about a person its almost impossible to be logical about them anymore." He grabbed the girl's wrist and led her to one of the benches before sitting her down with him across from her. Stephen could smell when someone hid information just like vampires smelled blood, it was in their nature. "Why are you getting so worked up about the Travis subject?" He was going to make her break until she spilled the beans, there was something there. "Listen I won't tell, I might even be able to help you."

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:50 AM

- Off with your head.

Stephen was making her nervous and there was no reason for her to be nervous, she had done nothing wrong or shady. His words hit her like a ton of bricks, why was he telling her this? Wasn't he friends with Lucian? Maybe there was a Cotton girl and Stephen had been sent to try to make her realize that she needed to distance herself away. Was she being illogical? Was it not normal to want to see your boyfriend after not seeing him for days? She understood that his feelings for her were not the same as hers, but ignoring each other? And why was she getting so worked up over the subject of Travis? "I..." Should she tell him what happened? "A few days ago Andy and I went to the amusement park." The blonde ran a hand through her hair, getting those pesky bangs away from her eyes. "Travis met us there, and he accidently kissed me." In his defense, it hadbeen an accident there was no denying that. "And I don't know how I feel about it, I'm confused."

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 03:57 AM

Fourm Regular

"Holy shit." Stephen mumbled under his breath when Rin mentioned that she had met up with him a few days outside of school, that kid was treading on dangerous waters. It almost infuriated Stephen to know that this Travis kid had made such a big impression on Rin, because he knew how much Rin had struggled to get to the point Lucian and her were. To watch her begin to doubt her feelings was...almost devastating, Stephen had not seen that coming. "He kissed you?" If he could have hit his head against the wall he would have tried to open his skull. This was not a good situation to be in, but he understood what she was saying because he was experiencing the same thing with Rose and Lexa. You know Lucian, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve her. "So let me get this straight. Travis shows up, he accidentally kisses you and now you're confused about your feelings? Rin, if you like more than one then that means you didn't care for the first one to begin with."

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:07 AM

- Off with your head.

"No that's not how it is." Rin shook her head gently, when she said that she was confused she hadn't meant it in a way that she didn't know who she liked or didn't like, instead she was confused as to what she was supposed to do. "It's been seven months since Lucian and I became what we are, my feelings for him have not changed, if anything I think I love him more." Unlike him, she had no problem expressing the word love. "There's days when I believe that things are not progressing in his part. That this is as far as it'll get between us and that maybe if he happened to look for someone else he'll be able to feel what I feel for him on someone else and he'd be happy." Travis had just happened to show up during a difficult period, "I don't love Travis. I like him, he's my friend and with him I've been happy these past couple of days. There's nothing between us, I can assure you of that." How had Stephen managed to get her to talk? She needed to watch out with him.

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:16 AM

Fourm Regular

I said this before and I'll say it again. Luce you could live a thousand lifetimes and still you would not deserve her. was Rin really that selfless that she was willing to sacrifice her happiness for his? Were all angels like that? Was it a race thing or was that really the way she was? Or was that love? "You don't think he's happy?" Stephen didn't even know of the other boy was happy, he wore such a mask that it was difficult to tell what was going on in that little musician head of his. "I..uh." He wanted to tell her to keep fighting it, but that was what she had been doing and she was tired, he could see the spark dying in her eyes. It was tragic to see, maybe the one that needed the talk wasn't Rin but someone else. "I'm glad that there's nothing between you two." He wanted to drop the subject before things got too depressing, they were here to have fun. "Listen, as long as I'm around ill make sure there's a smile on that face, no friend of mine will be sad. As for Travis...Rin just be careful. I'd advice you to speak to Lucian about what you just confessed to me see what he thinks."

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:23 AM

- Off with your head.

No, even the company of Travis couldn't completely fill up the hole that the absence of Lucian had made, but it was less noticeable with him around. "You really think hanging out with someone for two days can make such a drastic change on how I feel for someone else?" She snorted, shaking her head slightly amused at the possibility. No, these feelings had deeper roots than that, but Stephen was right she needed to talk to him before things got more complicated and people started talking more. "Enough with the heavy, you're going to make me not even want to be outside in the sun. We should get inside now, I don't think Lucian is coming today." She stood up in one graceful move and reached for her bag, they would need to rent one of those lockers so she could stuff her belongings in.

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:37 PM

Fourm Regular

Stephen simply sighed, he was in a difficult position with Rin. They were both his friends, and he wasn't supposed to take any sides but he saw Lucian more, and they were bros, compadres, amigos... "Aim high in case you fall short." He told her before rising to his full height, already giving up on the fact that his friend might show up. "Let's go before they think we're just camping out." He told her as he herded her towards the front gate where the lines were. After they were done paying they took off towards the locker rental areas, he doubted that she wanted to carry her bag everywhere, it would get wet and he wanted to put his shirt and shoes there too. "Do you mind if I put those in there too?" He asked as he removed his shirt and grabbed his shoes with one hand. He could already feel the sunburn.

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:47 PM

- Off with your head.

"You can't fall short if you're already short Stephen." The blonde joked as she stood up as well, maybe the rides would put her in a better mood. It had been years maybe... since the last time she had been in the water park, if anything she usually just attended the pool in her house or the one at school, the beach was too cold for it to be enjoyed. Once they had the locker and proceeded to open it, the angel removed her swimsuit coverup and stuffed it inside the locker along with her bag and shoes, shrugging when Stephen asked if he could put his stuff in there too. "I don't see why not, there's enough space." She told him as she looked around and almost groaned at the lines for most rides. They had wasted enough time outside, "Let's go on that one first." She pointed to a large yellow and blue cone shaped attraction. The ride consisted of standing in line for ten minutes, finally after going up ten flights of stairs, were you placed in a yellow raft disgnanted for four people, were it dropped you seven stories before spinning out of the cone dropping another three stories into a pool.

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:58 PM

Fourm Regular

Stephen almost slapped a hand over how face when she pointed to the ride she wanted to go on. He should have seen this coming, she was in Rezkjeh, of course rides didn't scare her as much as per say they scared him. He didn't want to drop however many stories while only hanging on to a plastic handle, this girl would be the death of him, she was going to give him a heart attack from on of those rides. Normally if Lucian was here he would have told them to go on ahead without him, but because said teen wasn't here, Stephen couldn't say anything, he was too much of a nice person to let her go alone. "Are you sure you want that ride?" He was kind of hoping for the lazy river, "I don't think you're heavy enough for them to let you go on, I'm just worried about your safety that is all.." She was tiny, she would fly off the raft and not going on he would be safe. "And the lines are very long.. Maybe we should get one of those inflatable donut things and go to the wave pool."

--------------------

^^^
Ino
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:08 PM

- Off with your head.

"Stephen stop being a baby, be the man you wish you could be." Rin was positive she wanted to go on that ride, water rides were not nearly as scary as the ones in the amusement park and after going bungee jumping, these were baby rides. Besides, the screams coming from that ride were a sure sign that the ride wasn't as childish as the other ones in the park. "There's kids in line, which probably means I'm heavy enough to get on." She narrowed her eyes at his feeble attempts to come up with excuses not to go on the ride, was he really that scared? She wasn't even that small, Rin knew girls who were much skinnier and shorter than her. "The lines will continue to grow if we're just standing here talking, come on. We can go on the wave pool after." She told him as she began making her way to the ride, crossing her arms as they reached the rear end of the long line.

--------------------
Teachers;

Students;

Avalar Citizens;
^^^
Nari
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:28 PM

Fourm Regular

The man he wished he could be would be relaxing in the wave pool and not stressing out about his life being in danger thanks to a five foot three blonde girl, this is why the girl's boyfriend should be here and not him. Stephen was not a risk taker, he didn't like the feeling of being scared. "Uh..I, yeah you're right." If his feet could move on their own accord they be running away from here, but they were already in line with people behind them. Damn the parents of those kids for letting them get on, they could have used the idea that she was too small to get on. "After this we go find an inflatable tube thing." The wave pool would be relaxing, "Or we can go to the lazy river." Actually the lazy river would be calmer than the wave pool, those waves were vicious sometimes. "I should have invited Rose..no I take that back, she would have dragged me to worse rides, but if that was the case you two would be a perfect match..." Stephen gasped, maybe they should call Rose, that way she would keep Rin company in rides and he could sit back.

--------------------

^^^
Kunoichi
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 02:36 AM

You can turn us down but you can't deny the din!

Member No.: 2

Jet lag always put Lucian in a pissy mood. Sure, he loved to travel, but going from Langley, Virginia to this itty bitty island in the middle of the Atlantic didn't leave him the most pleasant of individuals. The reason for his trip to Langley wasn't one to make him all sweet and pleasant, either; he had gone merely to tell the CIA to fuck off. The teen had know that as soon as he came of age, the intelligence agencies would come knocking. He hadn't expected the Americans to be first, however. They had never been world-renowned for intelligence, no pun intended. However, they had sent him a letter just a few weeks back, and so Lucian swiftly packed his rather dinky little duffle bag and caught the first plane off the island. Now he was back, and looking slightly rumpled; he hadn't packed enough clothes for the trip, and hadn't packed enough to not...errr, re-wear an outfit. Or two. As Stephen would say, "Boys will be boys."

Thinking about Stephen made Lucian even more impatient to get out of the airport. Customs was taking as long as always, but it seemed even longer this time. Probably because he was just eager to change out of his slightly smelly clothes. Virginia was hot this time of year. At last, the airport officials let him leave, and the boy made the hike back to the school and his dorm room. Dropping his pathetically small duffle on the floor beside his bed, he promptly peeled off his sweat-soaked tee-shirt and threw it on the floor. It was then that he noticed the note lying on his night stand. "Stephen?" Lucian muttered, swiflty scanning the note's contents. "What's the date...oh. Today?" He glanced around his section of the dorm. Water park? Did he even have the money for the admission, after that goddamn plane ride and the hotel? It was what...thirty? He pulled a battered wallet out of his pants pocket...exactly 45 was inside, not counting the random coins. Ah, well, he supposed he should go and make amends. After all, he hadn't told anyone where he was going...or that he was even going anywhere at all.

Ten minutes later, Lucian was dressed for the water park and slightly more refreshed, having splashed water on his face. Which was, he admitted to himself, a little redundant, as he was going to a water park on his last dime. It took him about seven more minutes to make the jog down to the park itself and another five to get in. By then, he had barely been in the country a half an hour. Scanning his eyes around the park, he felt a bit hopeless and more than a little lost. How was he going to find those two among all these people in such a large place? It seemed as if the entire island had come to the water park today. It was a hot day, it was true. But still...there was also a beach and that was free. Maybe these people just had more money than him.

Knowing Rin, she'd be on the largest ride around. But what would she consider the largest ride? Aye, there was the rub. The shapeshifter scratched the back of his head as he darkened his skin tone enough so that he wouldn't look like a lobster. Sighing heavily, he trudged out into the sea of shifting supernaturals and humans.

--------------------
^^^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

optionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3  closednew topicnew poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2375 seconds | Archive
Skin by KUNO of this site right here! Steal it and I hunt you down and slaughter your firstborn. Seriously. Many hours went into the making of this. Many, many hours.