Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Coco Cabana. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (262) « First ... 259 260 [261] 262  ( Go to first unread post )

10,000 Posts, lets start again..
Andy
Posted: Nov 5 2011, 06:35 PM

what our mothers always stigmatized

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

How was everyone's Halloween?

I did zippo. I was planning on working on a costume all of Sunday and Monday but we ended up going to the movies with Sam's parents to see Anonymous. It was boring as hell (too many ugly people and not enough sword fights) and the only part I liked was the twist because some lady in the audience let out the loudest gasp. Without giving it away, it was one of those movies were the entire thing could have been avoided if at some point they had all sat down and talked to each other. I liked the Three Musketeers because even though the lead boy was totally derpy looking and the Musketeer guys werent anything to write home about, Milla Jovovich is so pretty it hurts and her costumes were FANTASTIC! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. This picture doesnt do justice to that beautiful hood. I need it in my life as of yesterday.

ANYWAY. After the movie we went to my in-laws and didnt come home until late. And then I had to babysit super early on Monday and the mother was 2 hours late so by the time I got home I didnt want to do anything but sit and be lazy. I did make myself a short tulle petticoat but after I finished it I decided that I wanted to do something with a long skirt. Oh well petticoats are always good to have especially since my longer one is still in California
ElfMaiden
Posted: Nov 25 2011, 04:17 AM

Hiding All These Years

Member No.: 5

My Halloween was fairly fun. The weather was good, I went for a nice long bike ride, and then I stayed in the rest of the day and played Morrowind and D&D (appropriately enough for Halloween, we had a slightly horrifying battle and lost a lot of characters). I handed out candy to the (pathetically low) number of people who came by.

It does sound like the costumes were good, although that link's unfortunately not working for me. Not enough sword fights is definitely a problem. Speaking of sword fights, I still need to choreograph my fight scene... yeah, I should probably be doing that. Ah well. Before I go to bed, surely!

I've got a bit of a cold now, which annoys me, because I already got sick once this year. Grrr. At least it seems to be quite mild, but I would've liked to be feeling completely fine on my little break here. Aside from the little bit of a cold thing, I've had a good Thanksgiving and surrounding break (I'm quite grateful for the break. I was getting very tired and overworked).

If anyone's wondering why I haven't been around much lately, that answer would be a combination of 'classes' and 'Skyrim'. Also, preparing for directing my show which auditions are coming up for quite soon now (I should be doing more preparing, but I'll leave that until I'm feeling all better, I think).
Andy
Posted: Nov 30 2011, 07:53 PM

I hope your cold is better!

Our thanksgiving was good. Sam's recovering from a mild case of pneumonia and if that wasnt bad enough he also lost his voice. He's still coughing but his voice is a lot better thank god. Hes pretty peeved that his commission check took a hard hit this month (sales were slow and on top of that he missed a week of work) but I told him if he had listened to me and gone to the doctor a week earlier like I told him he wouldnt have had to miss so much work. Luckily his manager really likes him and he's being put on track to move up. Woo!

Which side did you pick in skyrim? Sam's playing a nord werewolf something or another and he hasnt picked because he doesnt like either side. I tried to play a little bit with his other character (a cat he based on his mom's cat Rocky) but I got eaten by wolves. Whoops my b! I suck at that game so I just stick to watching Sam.
ElfMaiden
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 05:17 PM

Hiding All These Years

The cold only lasted about a week, but that week happened to fall on auditions for Robin Hood, which was a bit annoying. Luckily, aside from the audition workshop, I was feeling good enough that nobody noticed.
Auditions went really well, so I'm happy about that. I think I ended up with a great cast, and the turnout was much higher than it has been for the winter show in years!

The first time through, for Skyrim, I ended up siding with the Imperials. My character was originally going to go with the Stormcloaks, but they kept making negative comments about elves, and then she saw how they were treating the dark elves in Winterhelm (she was a dark elf). So, Imperials it was.
My second character (whichever one of the two I'm thinking of playing I go with) is going to side with the Stormcloaks, though, for variety. Oh, and my brother's character didn't side with either the whole way through - so that's certainly possible to do, and it works out fine.
Andy
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 08:04 PM

Im glad you're feeling better! I got hit with a cold two weeks ago (thanks kid I babysit!) and my poor nose has only just now stopped running. My annoying cough finally went away too.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas/giftmas/Hanukkah/whatever! On Christmas eve we stayed up late watching Game of Thrones with Sam's mom and sister. That show is SO GOOD! I had a super weird ass dream because of it though. Lots of pale long haired blondes were in it and so were Puck and Finn from Glee (no I wasnt drunk lol). We spent the night so we could get up early and open presents with our niece. That child is adorable but oh my goddddddddddddddd so much energy! I thought the toddler I babysit was energetic but compared to Hattie he's practically comatose! lol I dont mind though because we dont get to see her often since they live in CA and I really want to have a close relationship with her like the one my parents had with their aunts (my parents were estranged from their siblings for most of my life so I'm not close to any of my uncles, aunts or cousins).

Andy
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 10:23 PM

BOO!

user posted image
ElfMaiden
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 02:33 AM

Hiding All These Years

I'm not dead! biggrin.gif Just really tired.

Why, why, why did I decide to take all early morning classes? All right, I know why - it was so I would have time for theatre - but still. I shall never do so again. I've been horribly tired this entire semester. Spring break was almost enough for me to feel normal again, since I slept like a woodchuck every day, but now here the first week after it I'm already tired again. -sigh- At least it's only three weeks until my first class ends. I keep checking off the days.

On a brighter note, I did have a very good Christmas and New Year's (though that's a while in the past now XD), and Robin Hood went amazingly well. It was draining, but it was very fun, and it got very good audiences for a show in the time slot it was in. I had a lot of people come up to me and say it was the best show our company had done in many years or even ever, and that felt good. Personally, I wouldn't go that far, although my memory of earlier shows might be somewhat rose-tinted - but I would say it was a really good show.

Andy, have you read the books? I'm currently working my way through the series, and I was wondering how closely the TV series stays to the books. I've a general policy of avoiding book-movie adaptations, but I'm considering making an exception for this one (I believe the author is involved, so that wouldn't completely violate my policy). So, I've obviously not seen the show, but I really like the books (so far, at least).
Andy
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 06:14 AM

Morning anything is the worst!

Babysitting this entire week has blown because the kid's mom was scheduled for opening shifts so I had to be there from 9 to 5. Not only to I hate getting up early but when he wakes up from his nap on long days, its like a scene from the Exorcist. Today he LOST IT when I put his pants on after I changed his diaper and then like 5 more times when I dared to ask him to say please before I handed over some raisins. If his head starts to spin one day I seriously wont be surprised.

Thank god he usually wakes up like 10-15 minutes before his mom comes home so I didnt have to deal with the screaming for too long but oh my god my earsssssssssssss. I'm seriously not going to have any kids until I'm like 30 and/or partially deaf.

Hurray! Congrats on the show! I'm glad it went well smile.gif

I havent read the books yet. I'm thinking about it but I hate how the author is taking his sweet time writing them. Come on man! Write more than one friggin sentence a day!

And then there's that whole thing with Joffery. I hate that kid so bad! I ship Joffery + Death but I cant decide if it would be more satisfying to read about him dying (IDK if he does or not but oh my god seriously hate for that kid!) and THEN watch the show knowing he's going to get it OR do I want to keep watching the show and have it be a surprise. So far I've managed to stay pretty spoiler free (except for the deaths of two characters, one who i dont care for but the other is a creature of beauty so my shallow self is in mourning)

I've heard that season one is pretty faithful to the first book but they're moving stuff around for season two (ten more days!). I read somewhere that seasons 2 and 3 are going to be based on the second book and that they have enough material for 8 seasons but if the books havent been finished by then (or whenever they decide to end the show) they're going just going to have an alternate ending.
ElfMaiden
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 04:51 AM

Hiding All These Years

Oh man, that just does not sound fun. That sort of thing is part of why I avoid little kids completely.

Thanks!

I haven't got all the way through the books yet - I'm about halfway through A Storm of Swords - but yeah, he does seem to take his time writing them. I suppose that a good book that takes a long time to write is better than a worse book that takes less time to write, but it can get a wee bit annoying.

I certainly hope Joffrey dies. I don't know if he does or not, but he's definitely up there on my list of 'characters who I hope die in nasty ways'. I always try to avoid spoilers, so I'm not sure who dies from where I am in the series on, but I'm just working under the assumption that everyone does. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if the ones I like don't!

And now for the bad news: I broke my leg a couple weeks ago (25 March) while I was out riding my bike, and I broke it pretty badly. So I've just been lying around with my leg propped up, not able to do terribly much, and have been in and out of hospital a couple times. Not fun, but at least I have time to draw! (I've been trying to look on the bright side about it, you see). Maybe I'll even have time to actually update my website...

Andy
Posted: May 6 2012, 05:00 AM

I hope your leg is better!

I saw the Avengers yesterday and OMG FLAWLESS MOVIE. It had everything I love mainly explosions, epic fighting, tight pants (god bless america), more explosions, fierce ladies (I was totally expecting ScarJo to be totally useless but she slayed), aliens, and a car chase.

So much beauty in this film. God bless the costume department for practically painting Chris Evans into his Captain America pants

Oh and the plot was good too lol
ElfMaiden
Posted: May 17 2012, 01:07 AM

Hiding All These Years

I keep hearing it's a good movie, but I really don't know anything about superhero comics, so I'm afraid I'd be kind of lost if I saw it. Epic fights and lots of explosions are always good, though. biggrin.gif

My leg is better! I broke it very badly, so it's taking a long time to heal (at least by my standards; apparently it's going fairly quickly for this kind of injury), but I can now mostly walk around normally so long as I use a cane. It's a great improvement from when I posted that last, at least.

I did manage to get a lot of work done on my website, and draw a lot, but I'm still struggling with some coding on the site. I've never been all that good at that. It's more or less finished aside from those tricky bits of coding, though.
Andy
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 01:51 AM

I think the only movie you need to watch before the Avengers is Thor. And maybe Captain America because he's the cutest lol. I hadnt seen the Iron Man or Hulk movies at that point (I'll get around to the Iron Man movies once I can finally look at Gwyneth Paltrow without wanting to hurl).

Glad to hear you're healing well!

I've done like zero drawing. Sam bought me a set a watercolor pencils and some fancy paper but I havent cracked them open yet. I did make myself a dress though.

And as soon as I finished (after reworking the paper pattern like 5 times and making 3 fabric mock ups) I remembered that light blue isnt exactly the most flattering color on me. And I probably should have lowered the neckline some more but I cant figure out how to fix that without taking apart the entire dress.
ElfMaiden
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 04:58 AM

Hiding All These Years

Perhaps, but I'm strange and would feel that I needed to research things and read all the comics or what. I figure, if I'm going to insist that people should always read the book before watching the movie, I should make sure to do the same. That way, I may have weird issues, but at least I stick to them.

I know nothing about sewing, so I certainly can't offer any advice there! Well, okay, next to nothing. I worked on costume crew for the theatre all of twice, and both times I mostly spent the time keeping the other crew members in line and ripping seams.

I've been trying to figure out watercolors lately, which has been going a bit slowly, but I think I'm making some progress. It's interesting, at least, and I think I ought to learn to paint. I also did finish redoing my website, and I've done some of other kinds of art as well (drawing and a little tiny bit of dolling).

I sometimes get frustrated that my leg isn't all better yet, but it is still improving. We went on a vacation earlier this month, and I managed to do a decent amount of stuff, although I didn't do nearly as much walking and hiking as I would've otherwise. So long as I'm recovered enough to do everything I need to do for stage combat next month, it's cool.

The weather has been hideously hot and also humid here (it's been between 80 and 95 Fahrenheit most of this week, with the usual Michigan humidity which I don't do so well in), so I've mostly been keeping indoors. We were up north for our vacation and it was cooler there. I miss the old summers I remember where it would only get up to 80 for a week or so... much nicer.
Andy
Posted: Jun 30 2012, 03:01 AM

Want to come over and rip my seams?

And why does that sound so wrong? lol

I ended up taking my scissors to the dress. Now the neckline is right where I want it but I still look awful in the color so I might just rip the bodice off and turn it into a skirt. Which I probably wont ever wear but whatever.

Now I'm in the middle of making a little dress for our oldest niece from a super cute vintage pattern (not this one but close enough. Also no pinafore because no. lol) And because I'm nuts, I'm bias binding all the seams.

Hopefully I'll finish before she reaches college lol
ElfMaiden
Posted: Sep 4 2012, 11:10 PM

Hiding All These Years

Heh, yeah, I'm not sure why either - but it does.

These last couple of months have been kind of crazy for me. I've been working a fair amount, dealing with various theatre things that I got behind on when I couldn't do much, and catching up on other things as well.

I had a week-long intensive stage combat workshop in New York in the middle of July, which I spent the next week or so recovering from in terms of lack of sleep (and also my leg wasn't quite all better yet). I did manage to do just about everything there, and I had a great time and learned a lot.

As of now, I feel almost completely better, although I can't run yet and I know that I shouldn't put too much strain on my leg (ground fighting and wrestling is still out, which is annoying).

It's still quite hot, and I spent several hours yesterday lopping branches off a bush behind our house because it was starting to drape over the roof and the eves. My back is a little sore today because of it, and I got a lot of rope burns on my left hand from using the pole trimmer.

I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 lately. So far I think I actually like it better than I did the first game. I also finished up the expansion for Skyrim, and am finally working my way through Neverwinter Nights, which I'd never got around to for years. This year I was smarter and took both less classes and ones that are during the day, so I should have much more time to do things this fall.
« Next Oldest | Hang Ten | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (262) « First ... 259 260 [261] 262 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1677 seconds | Archive