Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Coco Cabana. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (262) « First ... 258 259 [260] 261 262  ( Go to first unread post )

10,000 Posts, lets start again..
Andy
Posted: Aug 17 2011, 11:58 PM

what our mothers always stigmatized

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

MY NIGHTMARE! When I was in California I was sooooo good about the sunscreen but now that I'm in the land of a thousand lakes, I'm terrible about it. Granted I dont frolic in the sun that often but I dont do anything more than use my facial moisturizer (I think its SPF15?) and my makeup which some sunscreen in it too.

And in the immortal words of Steven I like tan on my legs not on my face!

Oh man I look sooooooooooooooo lazy in comparison to the two of you. I've just been puttering around the house or neighborhood (if I feel like getting dressed and putting on my face). Oh wait, today I scrubbed the hell out of our bathroom. I gave it the cleaning of its life lol. I keep walking over there just to revel in its chemically clean smell. And my floor is sparklinggggggg.
Ida
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 05:00 AM

Ze Holy Moogle-adminoverlord. 3XD

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

At hte moment, I really want to just slack around at home, getting everything up, and still cash in the money from work. XD But that'll not do anything good, so. XD

I like tan on my legs too, but it's been a too cold summer to get any tan on the legs. 'cept I did get a little tan when I got the serious sunburn on my face (PANDAFACE*slap*).

OFF TO WORK! <3 Going to be outside the whole friggin' morning. Yayyyyyy.
Andy
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 07:43 PM

I had the exact opposite problem! It was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too hot to go out for more than 30 seconds. I hate the humidity. And I never thought I'd say it but I miss the fog. I loved how it would roll in at night and cool everything off. Instead this backwards state gets hotter and more humid. So wretched.
Ida
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 07:24 PM

Ooooooo healthy me!

I went for a fast walk, around.. 45-60 minutes long. Go me for getting as sweaty as I had jogged for a mile or two.. tongue.gif
Ida
Posted: Aug 26 2011, 06:51 PM

Doubleposting, but..

I spent (or will spend sometime during the next 4 months) a shitload of money on THE DREAM SOFA!! <3

SERIOUSLY!! http://www.brunstad.no/default.aspx?menu=622&product=1053 It's angled, 2+2 (+ corner) and in a wonderful brown fabric. I LOVE IT! *material me*
ElfMaiden
Posted: Aug 27 2011, 11:01 PM

Hiding All These Years

Member No.: 5

That looks like a great sofa, Ida. I wish we'd get new furniture, but I'm apparently the only one who hates the current stuff... <_<

I've been trying to get more photography done in the past week, wandering around campus with my brother taking pictures and looking for interesting things. We keep not finding the things we're actually looking for, so the usual result has been wandering around for a few hours in the blazing sun and not finding much, but it's still pretty fun.

Also, classes started up again as of last Thursday, and my sleep schedule badly needs to be readjusted. I had to get up at 8:00 AM today, and I only managed about four hours of sleep. I'm pretty tired now.

On the plus side, I have lots of new music to listen to, and that doesn't take being particularly alert to do.
Andy
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 05:41 PM

I LOVE that sofa. Wonder how much it'd cost to ship out here? lol Sam would kill me. Plus I'm too attached to the one we have now. If only it was as grey as it looked in the store!

Minnesota killed my beautiful sleep schedule. Okay actually it was ruined before I left California but its still Sam's fault. I used to conk out at 10 but now anytime before 1am is considered early. Usually we go to bed around 2 or 3. Last night it was 12:30 only because Sam had two opening shifts in a row.

Share some of those new happenin' tunes EM! I've been stuck in a musical rut because the radio stations out here suck balls. I dont mind pop songs (my Lady Gaga costume 2 years ago is testament to that) but they only ever play the same like 10 songs over and over. I guess I dont really even mind when they repeat the same songs (hello me hitting re-pe-pe-pe-peat on that awful Selena Gomez "Love You Like A Love Song" song) but if I hear "Rolling in the Deep" or "Lazy Song" one more time I'll scream
ElfMaiden
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 06:45 AM

Hiding All These Years

I've never gone to bed as early as ten, regularly. The earliest I can remember going to bed is eleven. Usually, it's more like 4:00-5:00 AM... obviously that doesn't work out so wonderfully when I have to get up at 8:00, so I'm trying to get to bed more like midnight now. I think it's starting to work (errr, aside from tonight that is - but it's a long weekend! Excuse! Yeah, I should sleep soon).

I had stage combat today, and now the adrenaline has long since worn off and I'm starting to feel all tired and bruised. It was good, though. So if anything I say right now seems weird it's probably because I'm rather tired.

All right, music sharing it is then! I don't know if we like the same kind of music at all (I've never even heard of those songs you mentioned above), but I guess now you can find out. XD It was eleven albums (I do listen to the radio occasionally, but mostly I get CDs), so I'll just link one song from each.

Avantasia (The Metal Opera I and II, Die Ärzte (Geräusch), Edguy (Hellfire Club and Vain Glory Opera), Subway to Sally (Engelskrieger, Nord Nord Ost, Hochzeit and Bastard), Schandmaul (Wie Pech und Schwefel, Mit Leib und Seele).
Don't mind the videos, it's just kind of late so I grabbed the first links that I saw. I'm probably lucky if they work. tongue.gif

In other news, I've decided to really start up dolling again, since I need something relaxing to do in the evenings/early mornings. It hasn't been going so badly.
Andy
Posted: Sep 20 2011, 04:25 AM

Vain Glory Opera has such an epic opening! I'm going to put that on my fitness playlist (lol at me saying this as I inhale chocolate chip and andes mint brownies ).

I love musical exchanges! And sharing is caring so here I go:
The Decemberists:Rox in the Box,Down by the Water
Jenny Lewis:Rise Up with Fists, Handle with Care
Neutral Milk Hotel: Aeroplane Over the Sea (FLAWLESS album, I could listen to this cd until I die)

Oh and I just rediscovered the indie music lj community where I used to get my music back in the day and ahhhhh excitement in my heart! So hear are some highlights:
Saturday Looks Good to Me:Last Hour (this song hasn't left my cd collection/mp3 players since June 2005
The Ditty Bops- Sister Kate
The Get Up Kids: I'll Catch You (Acoustic)
Art Brut: Emily Kane
Harry and the Potters: Stick It to Dolores (lol I still sing the chorus to myself even though I havent heard the song in 6 years)

Okay and now I'm going to stop lol
ElfMaiden
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 11:44 PM

Hiding All These Years

Those are interesting! Not my kind of thing usually, but pretty good.

Rebuilding my computer and getting it in working order again took much longer than I thought it would, and it's only been for the past week that it has really been what one would call functional (audio was the last thing I got working, annoyingly enough).

Lately I've been feeling as though my free time is nonexistant, with all my homework and everything. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually...

The weather has been very nice lately, so I've been spending a lot of time outdoors cycling or just wandering around and taking photographs with my brother (he's more into photography than I am). I'm working on makeup designs for a show at a different theatre company than I usually do things for, so that's neat, and this week I'm finally getting a script for the show I'm directing at the usual company.

Andy
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 01:44 AM

Want some of my freetime? The more free time I have the less I feel like doing anything. Its a rotten habit that I should have broken in high school but now instead of procrastinating on essays, its housework. Or dinner. Terrible terrible habit but I'm sure I'll learn to manage my time better. Eventually. Probably by the time I become a grandma so that gives me about 50 years or so?

In other news, I've been up to nothing recently. I babysit Sam's coworker's little boy 3 times a week and thats not so bad except he doesn't talk yet and sometimes he screams like a banshee when he doesn't get his way (like when I wouldnt let him eat all the raisins).

Oh and I've picked up my sewing again. I made myself a plaid pencil skirt a couple weeks ago and now I'm working on a cape for my sister. When its done it'll look like this only in caramel with a creamy lining. Its pretty much done I just need to press the seams and do the button. For laughs I'm going to take the scraps and make a little mini cape for my mother in law's cat. It'll be revenge for all the times he woke me up by rattling the door.
Witchy Mama
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 09:14 AM

mummy of monkeys

Member No.: 32

holy crap, people are still posting here?
Witchy Mama
Posted: Oct 15 2011, 09:15 AM

mummy of monkeys

Member No.: 32

and I think my av and siggy are slightly out of date tongue.gif
Andy
Posted: Oct 19 2011, 09:20 PM

We're still poking around. Sort of lol.

I havent updated my av since Hillary Clinton dropped out of the election. And now Obama is up for reelection! Time for a change I think. Except the pokemon Ida VANDALIZED (lol) my sig with, he can stay.

In other news there are 12 more days until halloween and I still dont have a costume. I did pick up a sweet pattern for only 30 cents at the thrift store (after I spent the entire walk over there sulking about how they never have any good patterns, funny how that works) and if I get around to it, I'm going to make myself a super cute (at least I hope so) witch costume.

And I'm going to make this costume for my mother in law's cat. I'm going to modify the hat because I know theres no way Rocky will let me put that on him without me losing a couple fingers
ElfMaiden
Posted: Oct 28 2011, 10:19 PM

Hiding All These Years

Yes, yes, I would like some of your free time. Unfortunately, that cannot be arranged. XD

I was used to having a lot of free time because I spread things that I had to do out so much in highschool that I had a good deal of it. I would do maybe two hours of schoolwork a day, but I would do it every day of the year (unless I was sick or something). So, I ended up with most of the day free. I have the habit of getting things I need to do out of the way as quickly as possible and then doing other things, but that doesn't seem so great when 'stuff I need to do' takes a long time.

Now I have several hours of class time for five out of seven days, and then I have to do several more hours of homework every day and I'm just not used to it. I keep feeling like I managed to do nothing at all on my own, even though I usually do at least have time for a bike ride and an hour or so of computer gaming before dinner. Speaking of which, I'm planning on replaying Morrowind before Skyrim comes out (probably with the unofficial patch and some graphics mods this time), but with the amount of time I have (a couple weeks) I doubt I'm going to make it.

I don't have any costume, and I only just put up some decorations today, of a rather limited sort. I'm not sure if I'm going to dress up on Halloween at all. Probably not, but if something easy occurs to me between now and then I may.

Oh, hey, Witchy Mama! Haven't seen you in a while. I hope all is well with you. Some of us still lurk about here, as you can see. biggrin.gif
« Next Oldest | Hang Ten | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (262) « First ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4816 seconds | Archive