1. DON'T BE A JERK.
The number one rule on TCOM (heh, that sounds pretty cool, T-COM) is having a respectful attitude to EVERYONE on the forum. If someone's being a downer jerk to you, don't stoop down to their level and cat fight them back. TCOM should be a chill place where people with similar cool-ass tastes hang out and feel comfortable in. Bottom line, don't be a douche, Hit-Girl hates it. If anybody is harassing you/being mean/insulting/disrespecting or just making you feel bad here, IMMEDIATELY let the staff know. YOUR comfort here is our top priority.
2. DON'T BE A PERV. Actually, you can be a perv all you want since we're all secretly perverts, but keep pornographic materials out of the forums. This includes: links to naughty websites, posting dirty images, and writing explicit material that are not fit for the eyes of minors. If you have a real urge to get it on with your fellow members, just take it to the PMS, it's called private messaging for a reason. Also, as you may know, this is a ToS rule that TCOM needs to follow in order to stay online.
3. DON'T BE A GOD-MODDER. Everyone has experienced it and done it at some extent before. Players don't like having their characters messed with by another player without consent. SO, if someone god-mods your character, go and send them a quick pm and explain what's goin on first, maybe they don't know. Remember, we're a chillax place. Only until they start being confrontational about it or rude, then it should be brought to the staff.
4. DON'T BE A GENDERBENDER. Keep the cannons the way they are genderwise!
5. DON'T WORRY ABOUT WORDCOUNT. We're intermediate-advanced, and we understand sometimes players get their poster's block on and have trouble coming up with something. We don't have a specific limit/requirement on how much you write, but do try and match the person you're playing with!
6. DON'T BREAK THE BOARD WITH YOUR GRAPHICS. We all love pretty pictures but there is a rule on image sizes for signatures and avatars. Avatars MUST be 150x200 pixels, no more and no less to maintain a beauty of conformity among all the members. Signatures can be of any size UP to 500x400. Please be aware that we are a roleplaying forum and try not to get TOO overboard with the visuals, such as HUUUGE dohtml posts with HUUUUGEE signatures. It's okay to have both, but try to keep it nice.
7. DON'T BE A CANON-WHORE.- Well, you CAN, but know that after your first character, getting a second requires you to have 50 posts at least, and the third will require another 50 on your second character. This is to ensure that nobody grabs a million characters only for kicks.
8. DON'T WORRY ABOUT SECRET CODES. Because you read the rules! You're awesome. In your sample post, please SECRETLY insert the word "COOKIES" somewhere discrete for us to find. It can be just a quick reference like: "And the summer air smelled like cookies from Grandma's oven." or something.
Thanks for reading the rules, I hope you enjoy your stay here and have tons of fun!