InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Children Of Olympus.
This forum is an old forum. The new forum can be found at http://childrenofolympus.net/forum/

Name:   Password:

Welcome
to camp half-blood!

Staff
we love them!

User Legend
check it out!

Switch Accounts

Chat
drop on by!

Setting
what's going on?

______ of the Month
check them out!

Affiliates
our friends!

Credits
thank you!

locked new topic new poll 

The sound of the drum, part 2 - open
Adam Smith
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:51 PM

First Year || 15

Group: Child of Apollo
Member No.: 151

It was for him the most amazing sound. The sound of the drum. It was really the greatest way to loose some steam. Adam had been thinking of an electric drum so that his brothers and sisters wouldn't be irritated by his drums but it just wasn't the right feeling for him. It wasn't the right equipment and he really needed the right equipment. It made him feel calm and himself and made him think straight.

He was in hiszone . Adam was shining. This was his thing. He liked other instruments but this was it for him. Adam was glad no one was around at this moment because now he could really get all loose. Pum padadum pada du pada pum dam dam dam. He closed his eyes while playing the drums. He had taken some throw away drumsticks instead of his lucky ones. He didn't want them to break in half something that happened often if you'd played to rough.

Lately Adam felt having more inspiration to make music. It felt like the songs flew out of his pen. Michael could be pleased when he would be back at home. That was actually the only thing he missed the band and its gigs. Adam was the youngest one out of the band but they told him they had never heard any one play that well his age. He really hoped they wouldn't replace him while he was gone. That really was something he wanted to be the drummer of some kind of big band and play there all night long. And even the screaming girls would he take for granted if he could do what he most loved.
Lacii Kipp
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 06:38 PM

Fourth Year || 20

Member No.: 111

Lacii was trying to take a nap thank you very much. But trying had been the key word. She was just sprawled around the cabin, pushing all of her things in towards her bed, so there would be less complaining about her mess. She was being normally quiet, if someone listened closely enough they would only hear a few thumps that sounded more like wood settling or wind than anything. Of course, no one could hear much over the amazing racket coming from the other side of the cabin.

It didn't sound bad, in fact whoever was making it was rather good. It was just...more annoying than anything.

Lacii knew it was probably best to just keep to herself for a little while. Her reputation in camp wasn't exactly the best. And Lacii had the feeling that just about everyone hated her at the moment. But even though people might hate her, she stayed in the cabin too. Might as well just check it out.

Lacii shuffled through the cabin, the drumming becoming louder as she approached the boys side of the cabin. She peeked her head around a corner and quirked an eyebrow. How on earth did he even manage to get an actual drum set into camp? Lacii walked all the way into view and just stared at him for a moment. In the zone or not, they were going to have to work something out. "OY! " She waved a hand at him, the other one pulling at one of the ties on her shirt. "Earth to half brother!" She dropped her hand and stood for another few seconds. Then cupped her hands around her mouth.

"Oy, can you stop for a second, love?!" She yelled, and it was rather loud. Lacii knew how to make her voice carry when she wanted to be heard. Now, was one of those times.
Adam Smith
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 11:49 AM

First Year || 15

He couldn’t help it that he couldn’t hear Lacii right away. If Adam’s full attention was on the drums he almost got lost in the music and he was the only was to get him self out of it. He never expected any one to be here he had checked if any one was here so how could any one be here? Adam forgot that there was also a girl’s part of the cabin. The music made him stop thinking about the whole my step-father died and both my mom and I can’t handle it. Something that was good because it made him feel less angry.

Adam opened his eyes and saw his half-sister and cabin leader standing right in front of him. She asked him to stop but he couldn’t. “I can’t” He said while shaking his head. If he stopped now right in the middle of a drum solo then he would be all pain in the ass all day long and right now he couldn’t find the way how he could end his solo. A cranky Adam wasn’t fun, so it was really for the greater good if Lacii let him finish his solo.

Adam paused between the words while making his solo work. “Have. To. Finish. The. Solo” His mother had learned that it was really a better idea not to make Adam stop while having an inspiration rush. Others that didn’t know him couldn’t know how mad Adam could be if they made him stop while he didn’t wanted to stop. He didn’t want to bother his older sister but he really hoped she could have the patience to wait for him to finish it all.

This post has been edited by Adam Smith on Mar 26 2012, 11:49 AM
Lacii Kipp
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 03:28 PM

Fourth Year || 20

Lacii didn't care how cranky someone could get, she could get a whole lot worse. She was trying to be as nice as possible here. Lounging around the cabin and shifting all of her things quietly didn't exactly work if there was noise going on. Speaking of stuff, Lacii knew her things traveled around the cabin. She basically tossed clothes anywhere and didn't care where they landed. One of her shirts was on the floor right next to her. She eyed it, wanting to pick it up. But really.

"YOU'RE MENTAL!" She shouted over the drumming, flailing her arms a little. Then bent down and picked up her top. She twisted it through her hands, wanting nothing more than to just chuck it at the boys head. Rude. Nothing. But. Rude. Fine, he wanted to be that way, she would just wait.

Propping a hip against the door frame, Lacii folded her arms. Spinning her shirt around out to the side of her. Anyone who would actually look at her face, could tell she was nothing more than annoyed. Her jaw was set tightly, her teeth grinding slightly. One eyebrow was lifted higher than the other and her eyes were locked on the boys face. Pure annoyance. And it was just elevating as he kept playing.

"How long is a bloody drum solo, people may be dying outside and you wouldn't even know?!" She said, just as loudly as before. Making sure he voice would carry through the whole cabin. Making it very difficult to miss the fact that she was talking, that she was there. She then waited until silence fell and stood up straight. Pulling herself up into her even six foot stature. "I will gladly torch that stupid drum set if you can't learn to respect the other people in this cabin." Her voice came out a bit more venomous than she had intended, but really. The sound of drumming was still pounding in her head.
Adam Smith
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 04:59 PM

First Year || 15

Who was mental? Says who. the half sibling was shouting only because he was drumming. How long had he been making his solo, it couldn't have been more then seven minutes. What where seven minutes in a whole mortal live? Nothing. Really his older sister made him pissed and he didn't want that, he was here to change. But really he had to finish it. Once he was started he couldn't just stop. "Thank you" He then said instead of getting all mad and asks her who the hell she thought she was. It was not worth it.

"Long enough" He said stubborn at this moment he didn't even wanted to stop any more. His sister had no right to talk to him like that. he had checked if there was someone in the cabin and apparently forgot that there was a girl’s side. Excuse him for not being there so long and that it really wasn't something he could remember that quickly. Then he noticed that he had stopped playing which meant the solo was over. "This long" He said with a rather angry tone to his voice.

The length of his sister didn't intimidate him, Adam himself was almost 5'9", and he was rather tall for his age. "Don't you dare" Adam hissed between his teeth. "I know you are the cabin leader but that doesn't give you the privilege to do that. I have permission to have it in here. And so you know I checked if any one was here but apparently missed you there. So don't talk about respect people in the cabin because your not doing it as well" He said while standing up and raising an eyebrow.
Lacii Kipp
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 02:53 AM

Fourth Year || 20

Lacii pressed long fingers to her forehead and sighed. She wasn't even trying to be mean. And everyone already knew that she could be down right nasty if she wanted to. Right about now, she really didn't want to. Honestly, she didn't even want to think about being that person again, no matter how possible it was to revert to it.

"Look, love. I'm just saying next time, make sure it really is empty. You're not bad at what you do, but it can get on people's....my...nerves sometimes. You don't see me blasting music through.....well." Lacii swallowed her words. Because she did in fact blast her music through the cabin. She made a mess and it took her a while to clean most of it up. She had been far from respectful the first few weeks she had been back.

"Yeah, I'm cabin leader. And I know I'm supposed to 'be there' for you all, but if you haven't noticed I'm not exactly the best advice giver." Lacii dropped her arm to her aide and used the other to stuff her shirt under it. The fact that one of her half brothers found himself more intimidating than she could ever be was irking her. Lacii had been here....for...well, what seemed like forever. Looked like it was time to resort to the basics.

"Tell you what Adam. I'll make you a deal. We both check with each other before blasting music or playing really long drum solos. Maybe some time we can put our forces together and create a little something, but trust me when I say that time is far off. Let's just start with respecting each other's space, yeah?" See...she could be some what tolerable.
Adam Smith
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:29 PM

First Year || 15

"I will" Adam said a bit pissed of but tried to keep it in. His older sister was right, wasn't she? He had to make sure others wouldn't be bothered even though he normally wouldn't really care what others thought but this was his family now, and he would have to live with them every summer the rest of his live, right? He had to be nicer and he had to be it now.

"Well I actually can't really say I know you. You are my sister and all but well we don't know each other. Might be odd to hear but I would like to know you better." Adam looked down put his drumsticks in his pocket and walked away from the drum. "Never had siblings and I don't really know how to be around them but I do want to know how to be around others." Adam shrugged.

Adam his eyes widened when Lacii said the words make a deal. He nodded softly. "Yes, please. Sorry I didn't check the girl’s part of the cabin. Totally forgot there was one" Adam made a guilty smile. "Next time I really need to loose some steam I will take one of the drums and play it outside in the amphitheatre, that would be the best I think" He chuckled. Adam couldn't really believe the words he just said, the things he said where words he meant but never would have said if he was still at home.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options locked new topic new poll 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2806 seconds | Archive