Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Children Of Olympus.
This forum is an old forum. The new forum can be found at http://childrenofolympus.net/forum/

Name:   Password:

Welcome
to camp half-blood!

Staff
we love them!

User Legend
check it out!

Switch Accounts

Chat
drop on by!

Setting
what's going on?

______ of the Month
check them out!

Affiliates
our friends!

Credits
thank you!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) locked new topic new poll 

And I can't find my way home anymore {OPEN}
Trevor Omark
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 04:15 AM

First Year || 12

Group: Child of Apollo
Member No.: 172

Trevor couldn't stifle his little snigger and grin as she grabbed his chin and looked straight into his big blue eyes with her dark ones. "Okay! Okay!" he said loudly, obviously not even remotely upset. In a way he found it a bit funny. "Promise. No more apologizing unless I actually have something to apologize FOR." Whatever it was she wasn't telling him, it was fine. I guess the big sister didn't have to tell the little brother about some thing, and considering how the conversation began, maybe that was one of those things?

Trevor laughed and gave one more sniff. "Silly! You can't drown!" he giggled brightly, "They aren't sad tears though." he hugged Rue tightly. "And I don't think you would leave me, I just like hearing it." At her calling him her best friend, the widest smile yet came across Trevor's face. His face glowed. "You're my best friend too, Rue!" followed by a brightly musical giggle as he contiued to hold his sister close.

His eyes widened. His mouth hung. He looked up at Rue with big wide blue eyes. "Really? You mean it?" he asked in suprise. "Yes! That would be awesome! I'd love to meet your mom." He'd love to see what a real mom was like. Rue's mom sounded amazing and wonderful. He never had a real mom. Maybe her mom could be like a new mom. Rue was like her sister...so, maybe they could...share?
Rue Rao
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 12:36 PM

First Year || 15

Group: Child of Poseidon
Member No.: 176

Rue rolled her eyes. "Thank you," she said, stressing her words. "You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that." At least he wasn't asking her to tell him what was going on anymore. She really didn't want to tell him, or anyone, for that matter. It was her problem to deal with, and hers alone. He wouldn't be able to do anything about it, anyway. So why bother? Maybe she could ask her mom about it when she went home. After Capture the Flag, of course. She could play the game, then go home and tell her mom all about it. Sounded like a good plan. She knew her mom would enjoy hearing about camp. She always would. it was where her daughter belonged, after all, so she'd definitely want to know what was going on.

"Shut up," Rue murmured, smiling. He just liked hearing it? That little sneak! She raised an eyebrow at him, though she knew he couldn't see it. Brat. And she meant that in the best way possible, of course. Her dark eyes lit up when he called her his best friend, as well. Though she probably already knew that, it never changed the fact that it felt amazing to actually hear it, instead of just trying (and failing) to make herself believe it. She grinned, burying her face in the little boy's shoulder. "Thanks, Trevor!" she exclaimed softly. "That really means a lot." It meant he trusted her. And that felt awesome. 'specially since he was her little brother, and she loved him dearly.

"Yes, of course I mean it," Rue said, rolling her eyes. "I'm going, so I might as well invite you to come along." She smirked, knowing exactly what would happen if Trevor met her mother. "Trevor, she's going to love you," she said, laughing a little. "We're going to walk in, and she's going to be all 'Hello, Rue darling! Oh! Who is this? How dare you bring someone so skinny into this household! That's shameful, dear.' Then she'll hustle you away to the kitchen to stuff you before you know what's happening. It's totally worth it, though. She's an awesome cook." Her eyes lit up at the thought of her mom's cooking. Camp Half Blood was great, sure, but nothing could or would beat home cooking. Ever.
Trevor Omark
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 02:18 PM

First Year || 12

There was nothing quite like a happy little boy. He felt wondeful. As long as Rue felt better. It was still an effort for him to know what to do when. Even if with Rue is was less so, if only because he felt he didn't have to be as perfect about it. She seemed to understand him, so he could mess it up and she'd be ok with it. And, a little at a time, he learn. Figure it out. And slowly he'd figure out how their respective roles worked. He loved Rue so much. Even if no one else in the world got him, she did. And really, he didn't need any more than that. No one else was quite as important, and never would be.

Trevor sniggered a bit. OK, so it wasn't completely fair, but he hadn't meant anything at all bad. He never did with Rue. His big sister and best friend in the world. His net of safety and security. But nothing could ever make him happier and smile more than Rue thanking him and saying, truthfully, how much it meant to her that she was his best friend. "You're welcome Rue." he said back as he nuzzled his cheek against her as she buried her face in his shoulder. "I'm glad we met and that you're my big sister now."

"She sounds amazing Rue." he laughed a bit, "I can't wait to meet her!" Trevor giggled. "But I'm not that skinny!" Truthfully, he wasn't. While he wasn't the strongest kid out there. Physically, he was perfectly healthy. It was plainly obvious he had not been physically neglected. He had been properly fed and physically cared for. Just not loved. Until now. The look in Rue's eyes as she spoke about her mother was almost intoxicating. For a boy who never knew the love of a mother, it was a mystery to him, but he could almost feel it through her, right there and he yearned for it. Trevor hoped to deeply that the woman might love him too. Something deep down cried out for it, now that he tasted the love of family for the first time.
Rue Rao
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 02:11 AM

First Year || 15

Rue wished she knew what was going on in her little brother's blonde head. He got quiet sometimes, and it drove her crazy with the desire to know what he was thinking about. It really was too bad that he wasn't a horse, that was for sure. Then at least she'd know what he was thinking. But now? Closed book, that one. She wished he wasn't. It wasn't like she'd spill his secrets to anyone. After all, who was there to spill them to? He was pretty much her only friend at camp. And if she told her mom, she probably wouldn't care enough, or would immediately go and hunt down Trevor's family with the information that she was adopting the boy. Strange woman, her mom. But she loved her anyway.

"So am I, believe me," Rue assured him wholeheartedly. She smiled, stepping away. "It's great to not be an only child for once, believe me." She really was enjoying this whole big sister thing. It was nice not being the oldest, middle, and youngest, all wrapped up into one person. Her mom had been a middle child, and had always wished that Rue wanted a sibling. Unfortunately, Rue had always been happy on her own, unlike her mom. Now... she wasn't so sure. It felt awesome to have someone who depended on her. Kept her from feeling so alone all the time. As long as she was nice to Trevor, he'd stay. And that was what she needed, most of the time. Someone who depended on her. It felt amazing.

"She is," Rue said softly. "She's the best." She smirked, looking at her little brother. "She loves to feed people. Doesn't matter if you're actually skinny or not. She'll try to feed you anyway. Just let her. It's how she shows her love. And she's an awesome cook, so it's not like she'll poison you." She scrutinized him carefully, her dark eyes calm. "Just don't tell her the stuff about your grandparents or your mom, or she'll want to adopt you." Not that she'd mind, of course. It would be awesome to have a little brother.
Trevor Omark
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 12:51 PM

First Year || 12

As far as Trevor was concerned, this moment was perfect. Rue made him feel accepted and loved. And he was started to get to used to this feeling. And he liked it. He never wanted to go home again, the was for sure. It held nothing for him. Home was now anywhere his big sister was. Home was right here, right now.

As Rue stepped away, Trevor realized it was becoming easier to feel a sense of disapointment when they went from hugging to not hugging. He loved it but he was becoming less scared she'd leave him. Not that he thought Rue specifically would, just...anyone. Trevor took a seat back on the bed. He smiled at the oldest girl as she spoke. He finally had a small inkling that him being her little brother might very well mean as much to her as her being his big sister meant to him. That Rue wanted him around as much he wanted Rue. They wanted each other. Maybe needed each other. That meant something special to the boy, something wonderful. "Well, I like being your brother, so you dont have to be an only child anymore." Trevor grinned. "

Trevor gazed at Rue with his big blue eyes as she talked about her mom. Her food. He couldn't wait to meet her. He grinned. Then the though. Adopt him? Well, then he'd really be Rue's brother wouldn't he? And she'd be his sister. Maybe I should tell her all about home. Then she'd want to adopt me. If she was as amazing as Rue says, he'd wouldn't mind her as a new mom. I can't imagine anyone at home not being okay with getting rid of me. Unless they said so because it might make me happy. That was possible. He supposed. He wasn't sure. Anyway, nothing to worry about now. He just smiled contendedly at Rue and nodded.

"Oh, Rue. There's something I wanted to ask you...Tell you. Um, Claire, she wants to go and get a kitten. Y'know, from a pet shop. Like, leave camp and stuff. She wants me to go with her." Trevor fidgeted. He knew he had to tell her. He couldn't leave camp without telling her. Even if she'd never let him to do it. But he promised. "I want her to like me. If I don't go with her..." he trailed off. He wasn't sure what else to say. Maybe Rue would understand?
Rue Rao
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 01:14 PM

First Year || 15

Rue's dark eyes left Trevor for a moment, gazing all around her cabin. Funny, how she'd never realy taken the time to notice how beautiful everything was in here. "Y'know, I've never really taken the time to actually look at this cabin," she said quietly, half to herself. "Come to think of it, I've never really taken the time to really look at anything here. Time has been going by so fast lately." She'd make sure to start seeing beauty in the camp, now that she thought of it. And not the general Aphrodite beauty either, that most people, specifically guys, wanted to see. Nah, she'd start looking at things like the lake more closely. Appreciating them. Now that she knew she was a demigod, and how demigods had a constant death wish hanging over their heads every day, she really needed to stop being so... self centered.

"We could always go after Capture the Flag has ended," Rue mused. "A couple days after, maybe." She glanced up at the younger boy sitting on her bed. "Sound good?" That way, maybe she could write to or call her mom, to let her know that they were coming. The more she thought about it, the more she really wanted to go. Like, really badly. She hadn't seen her mom in ages, or so it seemed. She missed the food. The scent of spices that always lingered around their house. The random sayings that her mom kept on pieces of paper, attached to their fridge by magnets. Not to mention the nearly constant clicking of laptop keys, as her mom worked in her office. That was home. The small, one story ranch house in the outskirts of Santa Barbara.

Rue sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes. "Please tell me you two aren't going alone," she said, a touch of exasperation in her tone. Then she opened her eyes, a bit confused. "Are we even allowed to have pets?" she wondered out loud. She wasn't going to stop him. "Just promise me three things," Rue said sternly. "One, you'll put in extra training before you go so that you're a little better prepared. Two, be nice, but you don't have to do everything she says, especially if it has the potential to get you both killed. And three, take an older camper with you. I don't care who. But two twelve year olds travelling alone sounds like a really, really bad idea, especially since your dad is pretty powerful, making your scent more powerful." There. She hoped she'd gotten that clear enough. It couldn't be that hard to understand, could it?
Trevor Omark
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 04:14 PM

First Year || 12

Trevor watched as Rue looked around the cabin and listened as she spoke. It seemed she was mostly thinking out loud. He leaned back on the bed resting on his elbows.He stretching his legs out, but making sure to keep his shoes off the bed. He bounced his legs gently up and down with a contended smile adorned on his face. He was starting to realize that really, just being with Rue was enough to make him feel like his life was good. His past-life faded into the background of his mind. "Yeah, it is nice here." It was too. Quiet. He could be alone when he wanted to, not when he didn't. It was always warm. How much more did he need, now that he had a sister. And Claire to, who had been on his mind more than he cared to admit.

"That's sounds great!" Trevor nodded excitedly. "And you're sure she'll be ok with me staying?" he asked. He just wanted to make perfectly sure. He was now very much looking forward to going home with Rue. Meeting her mom. Maybe feeling something of what a mom is supposed to be like. Not like his mom. Who wasn't really a mom at all. Even she didn't adopt him, which he would never ask someone to do, it would be nice to get that feeling. If she was anything like Rue, she'd be a wonderful woman. Even if she wasn't quite, if Rue thought her mom was that amazing, he knew she had to be right. It was Rue after all.

Listening to what Rue had to say, Trevor listened carefully. He wasn't sure how she would take the idea. She didn't seem extremely happy about it, but she also didn't try to disuade him from it. He wasn't sure if she'd try to stop him. He was pleased she didn't. Again, he could trust her. He nodded. "OK. I got it." Trevor answered. Everything she said did make sense. And yes, Apollo may not be Poseidon or Zeus or something but he was no small fry god that was for sure. "I'm not sure about the pet thing. Have to find out for sure... but if they let her have one, maybe you could come with us?" he suggested after a short pause, with a small, hopeful little smile.
Rue Rao
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 02:44 AM

First Year || 15

Rue smiled over at her little brother, who was finally acting like someone who was twelve, not someone who was much older then that. He almost reminded her of herself at that age, or maybe a bit younger. Carefree, without a trouble in the world. Only that wasn't true for him. He did have troubles. Several. Unlike her. she hadn't had a care in the world, up until recently. Her mom made a steady income, so she didn't have to worry about money. And they had a great relationship, so she didn't worry about being neglected. She didn't envy Trevor one bit, that was for sure.

Rue rolled her eyes. "Of course," she informed him matter of factly. "Mom loves people. Especially kids. She's crazy that way." She said this sarcastically, but an idiot could tell that she loved her mom. "She's a crazy old lady," she added, laughing a little. "And she knows it. Embraces it, even." That didn't stop the two of them from getting along quite well. It really was rather odd. After all, most teenage girls don't have the greatest relationship with their parents. But she did. She was the exception, she supposed. The odd man- er, woman- out. Not like it was anything different from normal, of course. She was used to it by now. After all, being the daughter of a god was pretty cool, and she liked not being the only one anymore. Though she did miss it, occasionally. She'd definitely lost that unique feeling.

"Good," Rue said, visibly relaxing as she sighed with relief. "I really don't want you going out there unprepared. Not that I don't trust you and Claire, but..." She shrugged. Ooh. He wanted her to come with them? Um... "I'd love to," she said softly, biting her lip. "But I can't. The two of us plus Claire would be like sending up a signal flare to all monsters within a ten mile radius, saying 'please, come eat me!'" She shook her head, coming over to sit next to him again. "I'm sorry, but I really can't." She didn't want him getting killed. With the two of them, it would still be risky, but they'd manage it.
Trevor Omark
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 05:40 AM

First Year || 12

It warmed him to see Rue smiling. He didn't know exactly why she was smiling at him, but it was more than welcome. Like a bit on sunshine, it lit him up. It felt good. He'd never been 'happy' per se, until now. Until her. His sister. His wonderful, beautiful, amazing sister. She was the one person who really understood him. Knew where he came from. Cared. Even if her life had been completely different, which it was. She didn't judge him. She just tried to make things better. And succeeded.

Trevor giggled as Rue talked about her mom. It was obvious she loved her very much. He wished he could have known what that was like. Maybe he would. Maybe she WOULD adopt him. Love him, like Rue loved him. "I can't wait to meet her." he smiled happily and lay down fully, his legs hanging off the bed, bent at the knees and imagined Rue's home. Tried to. He had nothing to go on. All he knew is he wanted some of that. And that Rue was willing to share some of it with him.

He nodded. "I'll be careful. Promise." he said with a smile. She actually cared. I mean, yes, he knew she did, but 'seeing' it in action was far different then a concept. And she was right aboutnot being able to go with the. It did make sense. As much as he hated it. Apollo was one thing. Posiedon another. Combinged, along with Claire. Yeah, way too much. They'd smell it way to easy. "Yeah. You're right I guess. Makes sense." Trevor gave a little shrug and a bit of a grin. "And thanks. For...I dunno, trusting me. And caring."
Rue Rao
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 12:28 PM

First Year || 15

"I can't wait for you to meet her," Rue said softly. All this talk about home was making her miss it. A lot. She hadn't really been all that homesick up until now, but now that she had a chance, it was hitting her hard. Like a punch to the stomach, or getting hit by a truck. Somewhere in the middle. She covered it up, her eyes flashing defiantly for a brief moment, before relaxing and settling down comfortably. Right, focus on Trevor. He was the one who mattered here. Not her, and her stupid, out of control emotions. Gods. There was something wrong with her lately, and it wasn't just teenage stuff. Maybe it was finally discovering that she did indeed have a dad. Who knew.

"I'm glad," Rue said honestly. She smirked, reaching over to poke him in the stomach. "Never said I trusted you," she joked. "Just that I'm not coming." Of course she trusted him. If she didn't, she'd never be able to let him out of her sight. Trusting him was important. "Alright," she sighed, getting to her feet. "You promised me extra training. Come on." She gestured toward the door. "You're giving me five laps around the arena. No complaining or I'm doubling it. There's no way you're going out there unprepared." Especially since he wasn't going with her. "And I don't care about whether she's actually going to be allowed to get a pet. Even if she's not, training won't hurt you." She smirked again, her dark eyes sparkling. "Well? Go on then." She laughed, following him out the door into the sunshine, prepared to work him hard. Hey! No one ever said that she had to go easy on her brother, now did they?

{OUT}
Trevor Omark
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 03:33 PM

First Year || 12

Trevor found himself in a very relaxed state. It wasn't like anything he was used to, over readily recognize. He felt as if his world started over when he met Rue. At least that's what it felt like when he was with her. He lay with his eyes half closed. Completely at ease. Safe and secure. He could fall asleep and worry about nothng with Rue sitting next to him. Close by, protecting him. Like a gaurdian angel. That is what she was. An angel sent by Poseidon and Apollo, their dad's.

Rue finger poking his tummy made him laugh and giggle loudly (ok so he was at least a bit ticklish) but he didn't mind. Not at all. Rue sometimes did make him feel a bit like a baby. Not an actual baby, but just a but childish. But it was not a bad thing. He never got to feel that way, ever. It was nice. He didn't need to be worried about what she'd think. The suddenly it was drill sergeant Rue. "Huh?" He turned his head quickly to where Rue was now standing, still lying on her bed, "Okay! Okay! I'm getting up!" Trevor laughed and hopped off the bed and stood up with a grin. "I'm going!" he laughed and made his way quickly out the door as order by Rue.

{OUT}

This post has been edited by Trevor Omark on Mar 7 2012, 03:33 PM
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  locked new topic new poll 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4096 seconds | Archive