Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Bro Gamers. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, All about Skyrim up in here.
Mr. KJ
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 03:44 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 184

Few pictures I got off of /v/ and various websites.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
jolee_bindo
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 05:18 AM

Member No.: 170

I love Oblivion so much, but the races in it just looked so hilariously bad. They look wonderful from what I've seen for Skyrim, though (I might actually WANT to play a beast race). Can't believe it's only a little more than two months away. It looks like it'll be pretty great. People have their doubts, but Bethesda has never let me down before.
Mr. KJ
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 06:08 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (jolee_bindo @ Aug 4 2011, 05:18 AM)
I love Oblivion so much, but the races in it just looked so hilariously bad. They look wonderful from what I've seen for Skyrim, though (I might actually WANT to play a beast race). Can't believe it's only a little more than two months away. It looks like it'll be pretty great. People have their doubts, but Bethesda has never let me down before.

Just curious but how many hours did you play Oblivion for? I think mine is at least +300 hours. I read somewhere that one guy had played like +4000 hours! For Morrowind I've must of played +800 hours. Oblivion was a great game. I like how they added horses to the game and the fact you could do missions for the dark brotherhood was sweet! Speaking of Oblivion check out this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehrim:_At_Fate's_Edge) I can't wait to see what the modding community comes up with Skyrim. Sure to be some interesting things. Also if you haven't heard of it check out (http://morrowindoverhaul.net) Patch 1.3 just came out! ^.^

I hear ya on the doubts part too. Like this one but even still I will buy the game cause I know it will still be a lot of fun and most likely GOTY.

user posted image
Dinnerguy
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 11:41 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 169

QUOTE (Mr. KJ @ Aug 4 2011, 06:08 AM)
[QUOTE=jolee_bindo,Aug 4 2011, 05:18 AM]
user posted image

I saw a video where you could see headwear in the armour while the player was browsing the inventory so I guess that makes headwear as part of the selectable armour. If there's headwear, I think there is going to be leg and footwear and also gloves.
jolee_bindo
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 01:05 PM

I say thank goodness they're minimizing armor slots. It looks better, and there won't be clipping issues. Plus, people didn't like it when you had a bunch of mismatched pieces of armour, so this will be more all or nothing. I think it's a good idea.

As for your question KJ, I probably put 300 into Oblivion and 500 into Morrowind. I still play them both, Morrison's especially now because of the 1.3 overhaul.
Mr. KJ
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 08:10 PM

Advanced Member

That's interesting Din. Will just have to just wait and see though. One thing is for sure though, the magic and map are going to be awesome! And it will be interesting to see how the perks system works as well.
Dinnerguy
Posted: Aug 4 2011, 08:54 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr. KJ @ Aug 4 2011, 08:10 PM)
That's interesting Din. Will just have to just wait and see though. One thing is for sure though, the magic and map are going to be awesome! And it will be interesting to see how the perks system works as well.

The magic, map and them delicious graphics. I also hope for living NPCs and no dead cities with people standing around like zombies (Which they were gonna do for Oblivion but ended up never being done because of gameplay issues).
Mr. KJ
Posted: Aug 5 2011, 10:46 AM

Advanced Member

LIST OF SKILLS

MAGIC
- Alteration
- Conjuration
- Destruction
- Enchanting
- Illusion
- Restoration

COMBAT
- Archery
- Block
- Heavy Armor
- Light Armor
- One-Handed
- Smithing *
- Two-Handed **

* Repair falls into this skill
** Hand-to-Hand falls into this skill

STEALTH
- Alchemy
- Mercantile
- Security
- Sneak
- Speech *

*Assumed

LIST OF ACTIVITIES & JOBS
- Woodcutting
- Mining
- Smithing
- Cooking

GENERAL GAMEPLAY
- Nord character "Esbern" is a member of the Blades and works as a mentor for you in the game, he is voiced by Swedish actor Max von Sydow.
- New engine called "Creative Engine"
- You can sprint at the cost of fatigue
- There are more voice actors this time
- There are now more things to do in the towns, such as jobs
- When engaging in conversation, the camera doesn't zoom in on the NPC's face and the game world does not freeze
- A system called Radiant Story is in the game to allow more dynamic quests and more replayability.
- 3rd Person View has been improved thanks to new animations but 1st person is still the main way to play
- Map fast travel makes a return
- Transport fast travel makes a return in the form of carriages
- The In-game HUD comes and goes when needed
- The compass from Oblivion makes a return
- Increased draw distance
- Improved graphics in general
- You can cook food for them to give better bonuses
- You can improve your weapons at a forge
- House owning makes a return
- The in-game map is in 3D
- Items in the inventory list are all 3D and can be inspected closely
- Jeremy Soule returns for the soundtrack
- Bounties do not carry over between the holds in the game, while you may be a wanted criminal in Hold A, you can still be an ignored nobody in Hold B
- Guards are no longer psychic and slightly less powerful
- Birthsign stones for Warrior, Mage and Thief, only one can be active and it grants the player 30% faster leveling in the skills that represent the sign

tons more located here
Mr. KJ
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 03:17 AM

Advanced Member

Steam has a sale on the Elder Scrolls pack/games check it out. Sadly nothing really in terms of a sale on Skyrim.

user posted image

Also is this really it for the Skyrim CE? Not that I'm buying it but wow look at the Witcher 2!

user posted image
Dinnerguy
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 04:40 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr. KJ @ Aug 5 2011, 10:46 AM)
LIST OF SKILLS

I hope they'll all be in the game.
We'll never know until it is released.
Elefantitties
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 05:25 PM

Member No.: 181

QUOTE (Mr. KJ @ Aug 6 2011, 03:17 AM)
Also is this really it for the Skyrim CE?  Not that I'm buying it but wow look at the Witcher 2!

Not only is the CE Witcher 2 packed full of goodies, but the standard edition has more content (art book, strategy guide, paper model fold out thing, and other stuff) all priced at 50 bucks. That alone puts any other game set at 50 dollars, let alone 60 (cough skyrim cough) to shame.

Aside from ALL of that, CD Project RED found their DRM to be a pain in the ass so they removed it entirely from Witcher 2. That makes them a fucking amazing developer (willing to lose money inorder to gain fan support)

IMO Skyrim is overhyped, it looks fun but not to the extent of dropping 150 bucks for a statue and art you can find online.
Mr. KJ
Posted: Aug 6 2011, 06:43 PM

Advanced Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure that dragon thingy cost about 4 cents to make too. So really all you're getting is a nice artbook and map. YAY! Now from the previous games they always throw in the map. So that really means your paying $90 for the artbook!!

yfw you realize this
user posted image
Elefantitties
Posted: Aug 7 2011, 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Elefantitties @ Aug 6 2011, 05:25 PM)

IMO Skyrim is overhyped, it looks fun but not to the extent of dropping 150 bucks for a statue and art you can find online.

In response to my previous post. I must say after watching actual footage of the game being played for an extended period of time, it looks fun. I like how you can change around the different combinations of weapons, spells, and equipment you have in each hand.

While I am not treating Skyrim as the greatest game ever, I do feel it warrants a purchase.

Watch this and you will see why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFuUdMsPsK0...player_embedded
jolee_bindo
Posted: Aug 7 2011, 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Elefantitties @ Aug 6 2011, 05:25 PM)

Overhyped. With three game of the years out of the four last games they made, and with gameplay and dynamics like what you'll see in videos like the Quakecon leak posted in hear, I would say it's hyped for a very good reason. Overhyped? Maybe. I wouldn't buy that anyway though.

The video just got deleted, actually. Thank goodness I went and watched it when I did. biggrin.gif
Elefantitties
Posted: Aug 7 2011, 02:22 PM

QUOTE (jolee_bindo @ Aug 7 2011, 02:13 PM)

Overhyped. With three game of the years out of the four last games they made, and with gameplay and dynamics like what you'll see in videos like the Quakecon leak posted in hear, I would say it's hyped for a very good reason. Overhyped? Maybe. I wouldn't buy that anyway though.

Not to start an argument, look at the halo series. Halo 1 and 2 were both incredibly successful winning many awards. Halo 3 released with the same excitment (just look at some midnight release footage) But in the long run, with a bland campaign and albeit fun but generic multiplayer the game scored 9 and 10's across the board. It did that because its halo. (ODST is another example but I won't get into it)

Point is, a game can obtain many different awards from previous titles and have all of them being amazing. But the game itself has to stand alone and be unique in some way. Also listen to fan reaction to the slaying of a wolf, or the use of a saw mill. I get that it is cool looking, but screaming and yelling your head off over a dude lifting a log is a bit far.

/end rant This is all opinion and in no way are intended to offend anyone. :]
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.9442 seconds | Archive