Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Besaid. A fantasy roleplay based on the Final Fantasy video game series. You may use faces from any final fantasy game, and also from Kingdom Hearts.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

add reply new topic new poll

sticks and stones, Soul
Kagura
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 01:36 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Neutral (A)
Member No.: 3

Mt. Gagazet. Not exactly what most would consider a nice vacation spot. But for a girl like Kagura, it was beautiful. And besides, they weren't exactly there on vacation. Kagura and her older sister Zakuro were traveling Spira in search of their other family: Kaya, Abagail, and their group of friends. Ever since the village was destroyed, Kagura and Zakuro had been trying desperately to find the remainders of their family, but their brother brother Calvin -- younger to Kagura and Zakuro but older to Abagail and Kaya -- had done a good job of separating the sisters with hardships. She sighed from where she was: sitting down on a fallen column of stone on the mountains. She wasn't deep enough into the mountains to bother the ronso tribe, but Zakuro was. She was over at the tribe trying to gather information about their missing family, if possible find clues along the way without having to reach the ronso. Neither sister liked bothering tribes of the native people, of Mt. Gagazet or any place really.

So here Kagura sat, head in her hands and her elbows on her knees, waiting for Zakuro to return with news. She couldn't say she was waiting patiently, trying to convince herself that no news was good news. But she was nervous for her older sister. If she lost Zakuro now, she would be all alone. She wouldn't have anyone until she found her sisters.... But Kagura tried not to think about that right now. A bitter cold gust of wind helped with that a great deal. A violent shiver shook Kagura's body, she wasn't exactly prepared to the temperatures of the mountain if it got much colder, one of the reasons why she was forced to stay behind. She was wearing her warmest coat, and yet she was still freezing cold. Kagura rose to her feet, rubbing her arms furiously to try and keep warm.

Her eyes swept the area, looking for a way to hide from the wind. Her face lit up with an 'aha!' moment when she spotted a way. A little ways from where she was, there was a crevice in the wall of the mountain. Releasing a sigh of relief, Kagura took her time walking against the wind towards the crevice, her hair being buffeted wildly about her. It was a wonder her ponytail was staying intact. She turned excitedly into the crevice, but her face fell almost immediately. There, in her would-be shelter, was a fiend. Kagura started to slowly take some steps back. She knew what the fiend was, but she couldn't remember the name. It was a snake with what reminded Kagura of rounds for a machine gun for a head. Kagura was okay with snakes in general, but snake fiends were a different story entirely. Not wanting to have to fight it, she tried to sneak away unnoticed. But unfortunately, her foot nudged a piece of rubble. And the snake heard it. The fiend lifted its head instantly, and all Kagura could do was stand there. Sure, she could probably kill it with a snap of her fingers, but she didn't want to. And she had no idea what this fiend's reflexes were like. Maybe it hasn't really seen me yet....

soul akira
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 09:54 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Neutral (M)
Member No.: 4

Even the Ronso thought Soul was crazy. Knees wedged between two big boulders that stuck out of the side of the Mt. Gagazet, the boy was clad only in his pants, boots, and long sleeved shirt. Anywhere else he would be fine, but in an area where even if he still wore his trench coat he'd be cold, it was a little frightening. His weapons and trench coat waited in a pile with one of the female Ronso, while he adjusted his gloves and scaled the side of the mountain. He didn't half to go far, and once he reached the point where he could reach up and grab the trinket that the girl Ronso had lost, he was set. Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy as he hoped it would be, it took a great deal of readjusting before the boy was able to reach up and grab the pocket watch. Climbing down was another great task, because twice he almost lost his footing, and he scratched the palm of his hands several times by now. Finally he got to the bottom and handed the Ronso her item, accepting his thanks and reward (reluctantly) before walking to look for some water.

He probably could have asked where he could find a stream, but Soul didn't -couldn't- do that for some reason. Questions were saved for when he had no other options or he was in a life and death situation. Which, could be classified as having no options. The air seemed to get colder, even more biting, before Soul realized he didn't have his coat on. He slid the now-cold material over his pale skin and shuddered, his eyes tinting over for a brief moment. He cold feel his skin cover with goosebumps before his heat began to circulate.

Heading up the side of the mountain a little bit, Soul lifted his collar and lowered his head, hoping to soak in the full warmth of his cold. It was doing a poor job of keeping him warm, but it was better than nothing. He really needed a drink and to soak his hands in the water so that they wouldn't be infected. Fiends around the mountain were plenty, and Soul knew this, which was why his hand was constantly on the sword that he carried, it was never strapped it to anything unless he was crossing something dangerous and there was no one around to take it. Crossing over a crevice in the mountain, the boy almost tripped on the tail of a fiend. Raising one of his eyebrows, he realized was a snake type, something that he'd seen before. Either a Recoil or Battlesnake,

There was a girl in the crevice, and of course Soul automatically assumed that she was trapped and needed help. Recoils and Battlesnakes never were very strong, and so it only took one swift swing before the fiend lay in halves on the ground. "Are you okay?" Soul asked immediately, stepping over the snake pieces. Looking around, he shook his head. "Wait, what are you doing up here? Alone?"
Kagura
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 04:01 AM

Advanced Member

"Are you okay?"

Kagura nodded at the boy, though she was still stunned. Of course she knew she could have killed the fiend if she wanted to, but she had not only been taken off guard but she hadn't been willing to kill it. After all, the creature had only been defending its shelter. She frowned, her eyes fixed on the snake's parts. But her attention snapped up to the boy when she realized she hadn't answered his question. "Yeah, I'm fine." She answered, still in a stunned state. Now increasingly more about where this boy had come from so suddenly. "Thanks for the save." She added. Sure, she was sad that the fiend had to die to 'save' her, but she was also grateful that she was unharmed.

"Wait, what are you doing up here? Alone?"

Now that remark, was unappreciated. Kagura narrowed her eyes slightly, far from a joking mood at the moment she took it as an insult and a stereotype. Two things she did not greatly appreciate at all. "I'm waiting for my sister to get back. We're looking for someone." She said, a little cross. "And I'm alone because I can normally take care of myself. I was just...startled...." She explained, feeling herself start to calm down. After all, it wasn't really his fault that he killed it. He was only trying to help her after all.

Kagura sighed, she needed to apologize now. "I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to snap at you." She apologized, offered a small smile to try and express her sincerity. "I'm Kagura by the way." She added, trying to be a little more friendly. "But, uh, before we get to socializing, maybe we should find some shelter?" She suggested, a shiver shaking her body again. Her hands flew to her arms and she rubbed them vigorously, trying to maintain body heat. Preferably shelter that doesn't smell like blood. She noted mentally, eying the pieces of the snake fiend uneasily.

soul akira
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 05:21 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Neutral (M)
Member No.: 4

"Yeah, I'm fine."Soul nodded, again glancing downward at the fiends remains. He really didn't like having to kill things, but just like it had been trying to defend it's shelter, he had a life that he was trying to defend, and so did the girl. Whenever he was forced to kill something, he made a cautious effort to do it quickly so that whatever it was didn't have to suffer. At least he did if it was something like a fiend, a person who did a wrongdoing was a completely different story. Mastering The Lingering Death (or death by a thousand cuts) was necessary as a form of torture and execution for horrible crimes like treason. "Thanks for the save." Again he only nodded, shifting his gaze back to her and cocking an eyebrow. Hopefully she could fight, since she was on Mt. Gagazet, and that was dangerously close to the Calm Lands. The fiends only got worse from there, as did the weather.

It actually had been meant as an insult, subconsciously. Still, he was a bit surprised when she had the guts to talk to him the way she did, since even people he didn't know were too startled by his appearance to talk to him the way she just did. It was fine, and he didn't let it knock him off his game, but still.. "I'm waiting for my sister to get back. We're looking for someone." She sounded irritated, something that Soul could easily relate to. "I see.." He responded casually, using that moment to swipe some of the grime from his sword. "And I'm alone because I can normally take care of myself. I was just...startled...." Keeping his eyes downcast, the boy nodded again. "No need to explain, it's not my business." He answered, since it wasn't his business. She could be on that mountain if she wanted to, it was a free country, and people were doing all the exploring they could.

The apology was unexpected, since Soul himself was bad at them, he never expected anyone to apologize to him unless they were afraid, and this girl didn't seem afraid. "I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to snap at you." He stood to his feet and looked her in the eye, "Don't apologize, it's fine." It was said quietly, but he meant it, an apology wasn't necessary for something like that. "I'm Kagura by the way." This time he tilted his head. Why, she was an odd one. Who would take an insult, insult the person back and then be friendly towards them? "Soul." He answered suddenly, hoping Kagura would realize that was his name, because without an explanation, few people did. "But, uh, before we get to socializing, maybe we should find some shelter?" Socializing? Soul would think about it later, because the girl was right. So nodding his head, he left the crevice and motioned for her to follow him. There was supposed to be a cave a little further up, and it was supposed to be much warmer and safe from the harsh winds.

The wind struck Soul's cheeks and they turned a pink that contrasted heavily with his pale skin, all the while his hair was being very difficult and wouldn't stay put at all. Glancing at Kagura, he noticed her rubbing her arms and felt bad. She didn't seem like the type of girl who would take a coat, so he wouldn't offer, but maybe.. "We have to stay close." He told her, forcing any emotion out of his tone. "That way the wind won't be so rough."
Kagura
Posted: Apr 5 2011, 06:22 PM

Advanced Member

"Don't apologize, it's fine."

Kagura was surprised, but not in a bad way. She nodded, glad that this person seemed to lack an annoyingly nosey personality. She was so used to Zakuro demanding every little detail, especially since Zakuro knew Kagura better. She knew that Kagura didn't often let her guard down, even for a moment, and was rarely ever cornered. Especially by a fiend. At the thought, her eyes broke away from his gaze and rested on the corpse. Her expression fell, unable to hide that she wished it there had been a way to avoid killing it. If only...I had reacted faster. Was the guilt written on her face, majorily in her eyes. But she felt that expressing this to the boy would have been an insult.

"Soul."

His voice shattered through her thoughts. Kagura's eyes lifted to his again, their gaze becoming intensely focused as she repeated the name mentally. Trying to memorize it. When this was accomplished, she nodded again. "Soul...that's an interesting name. Meaningful." She commented, her words coming out as a simple matter-of-fact statement. Definitely not meant to be insulting in any way. And then he led them out of the crevice, which was suddenly too cold for her to bare.

She followed him out, but the cold soon became the lesser portion of her problems. The wind was what was unbearable. Which, she realized, actually made more sense. Sure, she had grown up in a relatively warm and sunny place, but her endurance and stamina wasn't just limited to warm places. She typically could stand cold, but when that was combined with harsh winds it tended to become a problem.

"We have to stay close." He told her, forcing any emotion out of his tone. "That way the wind won't be so rough."

The words took her off guard. She blinked up at Soul, clearly unexpecting the offer. But as the gusting winds intensified momentarily, she decided she would rather swallow her pride than become a popsicle. Hesitantly, she nodded. The voice of reason ringing in Soul's tone. Besides, he didn't look the type to try anything. "Okay," she said, "sure." Though her eyes briefly flashed with a warning. She was certain he wouldn't try anything, especially if he noticed her guns, but it was just for good measure.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

OPTIONS add reply quick reply new topic new poll

Purplandix Skin by Kintesh of the InkDrop Styles.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3332 seconds | Archive