Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.Learn More
· Register Now
|Welcome to Augusta Alternative. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Malai Kofta Curry(Potato & Paneer dumpling in a th
Member No.: 3
Joined: 20-November 07
For Malai Kofta
Milk 1 ltr
Curd 50 gm
Ginger 1 inch piece
Potato 150 gm
Corn flour 10 gm
Green chillies 1 no
Small onions 3 to 5 pieces
Salt to taste
Fat to fry
Coriander powder 8 gm
Red chilles 3 no
Turmeric a pinch
Dry coconut 15 gm
Garlic 3 gm
Tomatoes 150 gm
Cashew nuts a few
Onion 30 gm
Fat to fry
Salt to taste
1. Boil milk. Add curd. Set aside.
2. Strain in muslin cloth when milk seperates and keep aside the whey. Tie up the muslin cloth and hang it till all moisture is removed and becomes dry.
3. Knead the paneer prepared well on a marble slab to smooth out. Keep aside.
4. Cook potato in boiling water till tender. Peel and mash the potatoes well.
5. Add corn flour,kneaded paneer, finely minced(chopped) onions, green chillies, ginger and salt.
6. Form into equal size balls and deep fry in a slow fire till it becomes golden brown colour.
1. Slice onions. Grind spices and garlic with coconut.
2. Cook tomatoes in boiling water till it is tender, peel skin and mash it to make puree. Heat fat in a thick bottom kadai. Fry sliced onions and spices till the raw smell of onion reduces.
3. Add prepared tomatoe puree. Bring to boil.
4. Add salt and enough paneer whey for gravy.
5. When spices are cooked and gravy is fairly thick add malai koftas.
6. Add a few drops of lime juice if desired and remove from fire.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and Serve hot.
|John Randolph Hardison Cain via Brian Stetten|
Brian Stetten via Prem Somalinga:
That gravy sure looks tasty
Comment from Prem Somalinga:
Malai Kofta curry is a popular punjabi dish prepared with spicy potato and paneer (Indian cottage cheese)dumplings in a thick tomato based gravy. This dish is nutritious and rich in protein and tastes delicious with chapathi, roti, naan, any Indian bread and variety rice. Try this protein rich recipe at home and Enjoy Cooking!!!
Malai Kofta Curry(Potato & Paneer dumpling in a thick gravy) ~ Easyfud
LikeUnlike · · Unfollow PostFollow Post · Share · about an hour ago
Nancy Jones Presley, Lee Miller and Tonia Coleman-Klein like this.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)