Acid Tech created by Kman of the IF Skin Zone
The Serpent's Lair - dedicated to the Alpha Legion

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Serpent's Lair Alpha Legion Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pre-heresy Alpha Legion
Romulus
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 04:57 AM

Cultist

Group: Members
Member No.: 233

Hey there, Im new to the website and Id like to start by saying Hydra Dominatus. Anyways though so Im reading Legion right now and its a great book. Although Im sort of confused on the paint scheme of Omegadons stealth squad. What GW colors would i need in order to recreate it?
Eetion
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 05:06 AM

Daemon Prince

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23

Just for reference just remind me how it was described so i dont have to go flicking through the book.

Oh and welcome to the Serpents Lair.

--------------------
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate."
Sun Tzu

user posted image

http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Badab/index/

I have recently made a Chaos forum. Help me get a new forum off the ground.
ageis
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 08:34 PM

Master Strategist

Group: Global Mods
Member No.: 174

its meant to be a blue/black.
so i would go with chaos black, then a large midnight blue highlight and finished of with a regal blue highlight. maybe even a blue wash over the black as well.

--------------------
"The devil is not mocked" - Alpharius

user posted image
Aristeo
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 04:00 AM

Infiltrator

Member No.: 217

This was a confusing part of the book (go figure). All I remember is that it said "almost black".

The problem is that it doesn't specify any other color. Maybe it looks like this:

user posted image

--------------------
"War is simply the galaxy's hygiene." - Primarch Alpharius
Eetion
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 10:35 AM

Daemon Prince

Id go for a mainly black with a green tinge.

--------------------
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate."
Sun Tzu

user posted image

Aristeo
Posted: Aug 7 2008, 02:05 AM

Infiltrator

Member No.: 217

Black with green could look pretty cool.

Their Pre-Heresy color was a bluish-purple, so black with a little dark purple could look pretty good too.

I might have to try some of these out, see if I can make a sweet looking Stealth Squad.

--------------------
"War is simply the galaxy's hygiene." - Primarch Alpharius
Armagon
Posted: May 1 2011, 06:09 PM

Cultist

Member No.: 520

Hey all. Hier ist about Pre Heresy Alpha Legion Astartes. Can somebody help me please?
I need big (900/900) pre heresy art Terminator Squad Camilarus and Rhino Hydras Heads.
Eetion
Posted: May 1 2011, 08:00 PM

Daemon Prince

Hi. Welcome to the forum. But you may be best starting a new post....

Is this the pre heresy card game your looking for cards for? or artwork?

In either case i cant help, but someone may be able to.

--------------------
Sun Tzu

user posted image

Omicron
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 11:30 PM

Chaos Marine

Member No.: 462

Soooo, I've been wanting to do something pre-Heresy for a while. I'm an Alpha and an Iron Hands player; the Hands are the same paint scheme as the modern day, so I finally decided to go for Alphas instead.

So now my issue is picking out which Codex to use. Right now, I'm bouncing between C:CSM and C:SM. The Chaos codex gives me access to era-specific weaponry and squad loadouts, like the Reaper autocannon and power armored Infiltrators in the form of Chosen (obviously, I'd avoid the Chaosy stuff). C:SM gives me ATSKNF, Combat Tactics, and Chapter Tactics -- specifically Khan, Shrike, and Sicarius, all of whom provide some sort of boon that Alpha Legionizes the army in some small way.

As it stands, I'm leaning towards C:CSM. As the subject matter experts, do you guys have any input?

--------------------
"You cannot engender, or force to be engendered, a state of perfection. . . It is better to manage and maintain the flaws of man on an ongoing basis."

~ Ingo Pech, First Captain
WarpWhisperer
Posted: Jul 1 2011, 06:14 AM

Returned from deep cover....

Member No.: 166

There's always contention between Alpha Legion players about the C:SM/C:CSM debate; everyone has their own opinion on this issue, even before the added factor of pre-heresey comes into it.

My personal opinion would probably be C:CSM for the equipment and organisation reasons you pointed out. Although, if you're espousing the 'chaosy' elements from an already slimmed down list, you're going to have a bit of an uphill struggle competatively.

--------------------
"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion
user posted image
Omicron
Posted: Jul 1 2011, 03:29 PM

Chaos Marine

Member No.: 462

QUOTE (WarpWhisperer @ Jul 1 2011, 06:14 AM)
There's always contention between Alpha Legion players about the C:SM/C:CSM debate; everyone has their own opinion on this issue, even before the added factor of pre-heresey comes into it.

My personal opinion would probably be C:CSM for the equipment and organisation reasons you pointed out. Although, if you're espousing the 'chaosy' elements from an already slimmed down list, you're going to have a bit of an uphill struggle competatively.

There are some thing I'm willing to use despite being Chaosy because they make a certain amount of sense theme-wise and are easy to counts-as. Chaos Glory Icons, for instance; they are both teleport homers and representative of training that the Legionnaires have undergone never to surrender or to stick to the plan.

But I also really, really want to use Khan. Its an issue.

--------------------
"You cannot engender, or force to be engendered, a state of perfection. . . It is better to manage and maintain the flaws of man on an ongoing basis."

~ Ingo Pech, First Captain
Excessus
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 09:27 AM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 513

QUOTE (Omicron @ Jul 1 2011, 03:29 PM)
There are some thing I'm willing to use despite being Chaosy because they make a certain amount of sense theme-wise and are easy to counts-as.  Chaos Glory Icons, for instance; they are both teleport homers and representative of training that the Legionnaires have undergone never to surrender or to stick to the plan.

Comm-links really fit with what the icons do, receiving new orders(re-roll morale), connecting to teleportation software(no scatter)...

Visually representing them is easy as well, here is an example:
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Alpha_Legion_F...dpost&p=6975210

--------------------
"Deception is the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Warvault Webring
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1448 seconds | Archive