Acid Tech created by Kman of the IF Skin Zone
The Serpent's Lair - dedicated to the Alpha Legion

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Serpent's Lair Alpha Legion Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tables/terrain here?, Question for y'all...
HydraDominatus
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 10:17 AM

Chaos Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 165

Hey guys,

I'm working on some gaming tables for a Flames of War tournament I'm running here at the factory this weekend. I've been taking photos all along the process, and I'm almost done.

Is there any interest here to see the principles/techniques behind making basic, modular terrain tournament tables? Or should I just stick to minis...?

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

We are the Many. We are LEGION.

Member of Legio Malaysia

For current projects, hobby goodness, and endless project changes, check out my blog Adeptus Malaysia
Arkos the Faithless
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 04:40 PM

Chaos Chosen

Member No.: 176

Go for it....I would be interested in seeing the pics of your work. The club I'm in now just began work on 2 tables for Games Day Baltimore, and we'll be running a 40K table and Fantasy table...

--------------------
Arkos the Faithless Alpha Legion Blog: Pre Heresy Alpha Squad
WarpWhisperer
Posted: Apr 14 2008, 06:12 PM

Returned from deep cover....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 166

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics too

(Just to fuel my jealousy!)

--------------------
"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion
user posted image
HydraDominatus
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 12:17 AM

Chaos Chosen

OK, cool. I'll post up a "how to". They're flat tables with basic modular terrain on them. Nothing complicated or fancy, but they will look clean and tight.

I'll get to posting that over the next couple days. My tourney is this Saturday smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Member of Legio Malaysia

For current projects, hobby goodness, and endless project changes, check out my blog Adeptus Malaysia
Kaleb Daark
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 01:26 PM

Kaleb Daark

Member No.: 156

Iīm interested too, not the same scale but you can never learn enough.

Good luck pal thumbsup.gif

Ju
Kaleb Daark
HydraDominatus
Posted: Apr 17 2008, 01:12 PM

Chaos Chosen

After much laboring, the tables and scatter terrain are done! I'll post pics over the next few days, and then back to painting Alpha Legion. Just committed myself to a Singapore 40K RTT in June, so I need to get crackin'!

--------------------
user posted image

Member of Legio Malaysia

Kaleb Daark
Posted: Apr 18 2008, 09:09 AM

Kaleb Daark

QUOTE (HydraDominatus @ Apr 17 2008, 01:12 PM)
After much laboring, the tables and scatter terrain are done! I'll post pics over the next few days, and then back to painting Alpha Legion. Just committed myself to a Singapore 40K RTT in June, so I need to get crackin'!

June, woaw, I hope you donīt have too much to paint. I know I couldnīt finish my army in that time...

Good luck again pal and

PICS PICS I say!!!!!

Ju
Kaleb Daark
Tkkultist
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 02:04 AM

Cult leader

Member No.: 112

looking forward to this

--------------------
user posted image
HydraDominatus
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 03:18 AM

Chaos Chosen

Hey dudes,

Just finished the tournament Saturday, so I'll start getting the pics/explanations posted up either this evening or tomorrow evening at the latest.

smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Member of Legio Malaysia

Kaleb Daark
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 10:02 AM

Kaleb Daark

QUOTE (HydraDominatus @ Apr 21 2008, 03:18 AM)
Hey dudes,

Just finished the tournament Saturday, so I'll start getting the pics/explanations posted up either this evening or tomorrow evening at the latest.

smile.gif

I want pics Jeff!
youīve got till tonight to get 'em posted!!! wink.gif tongue.gif

Ju
Kaleb Daark
HydraDominatus
Posted: May 2 2008, 02:24 PM

Chaos Chosen

Sorry for the delay, folks, it's been a crazy last couple weeks! smile.gif

Part I- Planning, Prep, and Sanding

I'm not going to repost all this, so check the blog out and tell me what you think. I'll get the second step (painting and finishing) up soon, and then I'll do a seperate entry for the terrain. None of this is specific to 15mm scale, so everything I mention is exactly what I would do for tables I intend my Alpha Legion and Death Korps to fight on.... smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Member of Legio Malaysia

HydraDominatus
Posted: May 9 2008, 03:27 PM

Chaos Chosen

Not sure if anyone is reading this lol, but here's the rest of the table blog...

Table Making Part II of II

--------------------
user posted image

Member of Legio Malaysia

WarpWhisperer
Posted: May 9 2008, 06:06 PM

Returned from deep cover....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 166

(I read it) huh.gif

--------------------
"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion
user posted image
brother-serpent Wethaur
Posted: May 23 2008, 08:42 PM

Chaos Chosen Champion

Member No.: 141

Is there any interest here to see the principles/techniques behind making basic, modular terrain tournament tables?

Abso-bloody-lutely.

On a more serious note, I am looking for blueprints or general ideas on how to make a folding gaming table. Any input is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
GW to CSM players: "Because you stink and we hate you."
emip
Posted: Oct 2 2008, 10:24 AM

Cultist

Member No.: 53

As half of my games take place at home where storage space is limited I also thought of a folding type terrain table.

Instead what I did is broke my table in two halves, 3' x 4' (together its 4' x 6'), with a simple latch on either side to lock both sides. This prevents accidental bumping and shifting.

I thought of placing a couple of hinges to where it folds but its easier and lighter to carry each half separate.

I used 1/4" particle board and 1x2 for the framing. This made a light weight table to carry but still firm at 3' x 4' size.

I went with a simple flat textured top. This has the advantage of easy storage, able to change the top by placing different gaming colored mats, and changing terrain features by using modular terrain pieces.

When I get a chance I will post some pics.

--------------------
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Warvault Webring
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1714 seconds | Archive