Acid Tech created by Kman of the IF Skin Zone
The Serpent's Lair - dedicated to the Alpha Legion

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Serpent's Lair Alpha Legion Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

1000 pt flexible army
301rstspartan
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 09:03 AM

Cultist

Group: Members
Member No.: 554

for one thousand points I am considering

1 sorcerer (terminator armour, personal icon, wind of chaos)

5 terminators (1 champion, icon, chainfist and reaper autocanon)

10 chaos space marines (champion (with plasma pistol and power fist), icon, autocanon, melta gun, melta bombs)

10 berzerkers (champion (with power fist, melta bombs and plasma pistol), 2 more plasma pistols and icon)*

Predator with twin lascanons, lascanon sponsons, havoc launcher, extra armour and dozer blade

*i made the berzekers kind of like raptors without jump packs by removing all the khorne insignia and giving some of them parts from normal chaos space marines as well as using normal chaos space marine heads.
Excessus
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 09:36 AM

Daemon Prince

Group: Global Mods
Member No.: 513

You really need rhinos for your troops!

Also, what is the overall plan, what will the termies do? Deep strike? Walk?
I'm guessing the sorcerer will be with them, he only has one short ranged spell, give him a mark at least. Combi-weapons are good on the termies, see if you can fit some in there(combi-melta being the top choice).

On your aspiring champ it's better to have a combi-weapon instead of the plasma pistol. it's cheaper and he doesn't have to give up anything. He will most likely only get one shot with it anyway. (if something is within 12" it will either assault you soon or you will assault it soon) A CSM squad is more often than not good off with having two special weapons instead of spec+heavy weapon, get them in a rhino, get them close and unleash the fury of the chaos gods! Hehe...

When the zerkers are in a rhino(which they need to be), bring them down to 8 guys. Not only is it fluffy, but they will fit around one hatch when disembarking, and most likely won't "overkill" an enemy squad, leaving them out in the open to be shot at the next turn...also, meltabombs are kinda bad. You get nice penetration, sure, but against vehicles your fist has more attacks and will hit the rear armour anyway(10) which is better, and against walkers you'll need a 6 to hit with it. Better to just melta it with ranged!

The predator is a bit too expensive. Since it has to fire all things on the same target the havoc launcher doesn't really go well with lascannons. The extra armour and dozer blade are also not that good actually. I've yet to see my pred immobilized by terrain or just getting stunned. For me it usually either survives or is viciously destroyed in cc or with melta at close range...

Also, welcome to the forum! smile.gif

[Edit]: Also, looking forward to see pictures of those berzerker conversions, sounds like a cool concept!

--------------------
"Deception is the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."
WarpWhisperer
Posted: Sep 1 2011, 02:30 PM

Gone into deep cover....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 166

If the sorceror is hanging out with the Termies, then you don't need the personal icon; only the termies can deep strike, so it will be wasted.

And welcome to the forum thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options

Warvault Webring
Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0689 seconds | Archive