Acid Tech created by Kman of the IF Skin Zone
The Serpent's Lair - dedicated to the Alpha Legion

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Serpent's Lair Alpha Legion Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

6th Edition boxed set and Metal models to Resin, Some new info on existing rumours
Aristeo
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 05:29 PM

Infiltrator

Group: Global Mods
Member No.: 217

So I popped into the local hobby store last Saturday and a guy came in after me and started talking to the owner. We were talking about how awesome the new models in the window were (Tomb Kings and Grey Knights stuff) and this guy brings up that he is a GW shareholder. I asked him about the 6th edition rumours and this is what he said.

This guy told us that the 6th edition of 40K is on the way and that "We want it released next year, we don't want to wait until 2013." When he said this I assumed "we" meant the shareholders.

He then confirmed the rumour that the boxed set would be Sisters of Battle and Chaos Space Marines and started going off saying "We don't want Chaos Marines in the box. They don't sell. But people will buy the Sisters no matter how they (GW) sell them, so that's what they're doing. There's really nothing else to put in the box with the Sisters."

I had heard before that Chaos doesn't sell as well as regular Marines and he confirmed this saying "That's why there are so many different types of Space Marines, because they sell. They (GW) hopes this will get Chaos Marines selling better. It's also an easy way to update those armies with new models." I liked that part because it made me think plastic Dread and Raptors, but he couldn't confirm it.

Then I asked the guy if metal models were going to start being made in resin and he had no idea. The store owner told us he asked his GW contact about it and was told that there's no plan to change it anytime soon, but that anything could happen in the long term.

--------------------
"War is simply the galaxy's hygiene." - Primarch Alpharius
Arkos the Faithless
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 05:39 PM

Chaos Chosen

Group: Members
Member No.: 176

Heh Heh Heh! Sorry....but some random shareholder has this kind of info...I highly doubt it. Nice rumor, but shareholders do not have keys the secret vault in JJs office wink.gif

I think its way too early to start talking 6th edition....just my thoughts cool.gif

--------------------
Arkos the Faithless Alpha Legion Blog: Pre Heresy Alpha Squad
Eetion
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 06:48 PM

Daemon Prince

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23

I kinda agree.
I just cant see GW not putting Space Marines in the box sets, they are by far and away the biggest sellers.

Not saying its wrong, but...Its just.... seems hard to imagine.

--------------------
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate."
Sun Tzu

user posted image

http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Badab/index/

I have recently made a Chaos forum. Help me get a new forum off the ground.
Craynak
Posted: Apr 29 2011, 11:21 PM

I am the hyra. Multiple minds, bound to one body. We are one

Member No.: 493

maybe this a Cabal plot to get us into thinking something else while they try to string us along....wouldnt be the 1st time!! tongue.gif

--------------------
I am Alpharius, and we are one.Hydramark.jpg

Returning from deep cover to find a universe universally changed.
Excessus
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 04:22 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 513

ofc Chaos doesn't sell, the codex is extremely boring and uninteresting... sad.gif

--------------------
"Deception is the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."
Aristeo
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 07:49 PM

Infiltrator

Group: Global Mods
Member No.: 217

Just to clarify, we were talking about existing rumours. Here are some links.

6th Edition

Metal on way out

Warseer is down and I think that's where they talked about the box set being Sisters versus Chaos. I brought it up and this guy "confirmed" it.

And yes, he absolutely could have been some attention seeking know it all who was completely making this up. I just thought it was interesting.

--------------------
"War is simply the galaxy's hygiene." - Primarch Alpharius
Eetion
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 07:57 PM

Daemon Prince

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Aristeo @ Apr 30 2011, 07:49 PM)
Just to clarify, we were talking about existing rumours. Here are some links.

6th Edition

Metal on way out

Warseer is down and I think that's where they talked about the box set being Sisters versus Chaos. I brought it up and this guy "confirmed" it.

And yes, he absolutely could have been some attention seeking know it all who was completely making this up. I just thought it was interesting.

What can I say...were AL... were trained to be suspicious.

--------------------
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate."
Sun Tzu

user posted image

http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Badab/index/

I have recently made a Chaos forum. Help me get a new forum off the ground.
brother-serpent Wethaur
Posted: May 1 2011, 08:27 PM

Chaos Chosen Champion

Member No.: 141

Thanks for the rumor.

"Chaos SM don't sell well." Duah, never mind that our Codex sucks monkey's balls, look at how many armour variants and special characters the Loyalists have and what we have.

If the metals are out, it's time to stock up on some direct-only edition figures.

--------------------
GW to CSM players: "Because you stink and we hate you."
ObviousSnake10
Posted: May 5 2012, 04:45 PM

Cultist

Member No.: 636

[SIZE=7]I think they will be releasing the new sixth edition starter pack as dark angels and chaos space marines because if you line all of the new white dwarfs up on the edge you will see half of the picture as a dark angel and a lot of people think the other half will be chaos space marines, but then again these are just rumors. Also the new 40k paint set has dark angels in it... Hydramark.jpg
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options Quick Reply

Warvault Webring
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0726 seconds | Archive