Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.
Photobucket

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Well of Eternity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Warvault Webring

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

[40K] Venator Scientia, Thousand Sons
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Jul 26 2009, 01:32 AM

Demagogue

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

Well, my latest battle did not go as well as I hoped and I was defeated.

It was 1200 pts against Space Marines, using Killpoints.

I did well the first 2-3 turns, wiping out a 10-man Tactical Squad and a 5-man Scout Squad.
However, my undoing was the Assault Squad and Chaplain, who managed to charge one of the Thousand Sons squads. They wiped them out over 2 turns, and then wiped out my Havocs.

I made 2 critical mistakes in the game:

1) Deployed most of my force on 1 flank, and the dread alone on the opposite. Last game the dread fried 2 of my own marines so I relegated it to a 'distraction'.
But it was blown away by an enemy dread on turn 2.

Solution: I should have deployed it with the rest of my force. I could have taken any fire frenzy on the front of the Rhino, and it would have devestated the Assault marines.

2) I split my Sorceror Lord from the squad he was with and sent him to assist against the Assault Marines, since I didn't want to throw the Sons into the combat as well. This got him targeted by a lascannon, which he saved, and a krak missile which he rolled a 1 on his 2+ save and got blown away.

Solution: I should have moved the Thousand Sons with him as a bodyguard to take the hits. Do not rely on 2+ (or 4++ saves).

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Jul 26 2009, 01:47 AM

Demagogue

As a quick follow on, my loss made me decide to give myself more options for my Chaos Lord, particularly some that were cheaper and more reliable than a 200 point Terminator Sorceror Lord.

So I went and magnetised some extra options:

user posted image

The only options I dont have are combi-plasma and Deathscreamer. But I will be working on the latter smiley-darkwahrk.gif

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Oct 10 2009, 12:13 AM

Demagogue

It has been a long time since I was able to put an update, but here is my latest.

The Daemon Prince, nearly finished. Needs some more detail and some scuplting on the base.

user posted image

And the first of the Summoned Spirits (Lesser Daemons):

user posted image

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Mar 25 2010, 02:40 PM

Demagogue

And a few extra models I have been working on:

The Obliterators

user posted image

The Terminators

user posted image

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Eetion
Posted: Mar 25 2010, 02:51 PM

Demagogue

Group: Admin
Member No.: 73

Nice. I Love the Termies power weapons.

TK Ushabti head? That could be expensive per Termie.

--------------------
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponents fate."
Sun Tzu

user posted image

http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Badab/index/
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Mar 25 2010, 03:02 PM

Demagogue

The Power Glaive did come out nice. Tomb King blade, Power Axe arm and the back half of the pole is a spiked railing from the Rhino accessories.

The head is actually from a local company in Australia. They cost me 50c to $1 each and have Anubis (jackal) and Horus (eagle).

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Cosmic Archmage
Posted: Mar 25 2010, 07:53 PM

Mage

Member No.: 76

The floating weapon are a simple but sweet way to represent an obliterator. It fits the Thousand Sons perfectly. AND its really budget !

--------------------
"And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing, and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties."
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted: Mar 27 2010, 03:43 AM

Bunny ear says flop

Member No.: 53

It's been a while since I checked in on this thread, but things still look as awesome as last time I checked.

With the spirit spawn, what I would've suggested was to try and have the 'ghoul'-ish light you usually encounter with spirits (at least, in tales of fantasy and myths) reflect on the armour of the fallen creature. Of course, it's not as easy as said, but would add perhaps just that bit extra to the model.

The scorpion is simply pure awesome-ness. smiley-scared.gif

Greetz

--------------------
Borak Says - Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

user posted image <-- Vinz' Blood Bowl army diary
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Mar 28 2010, 08:26 PM

Demagogue

A few additional pics of my forces in action:

Havocs on Overwatch against the Death Guard
user posted image

Lord Ghaleb fighting against Genestealers
user posted image

The new flaming marines. Marine armour filled and animated by sorcerous flames
user posted image

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Apr 20 2010, 02:50 PM

Demagogue

A fairly minor update, but I have kept on working on these guys. I now have completed:

Terminator Lord with almost every weapon option (except combi-plas and combi-flamer)
2 Terminators (1 with Reaper Autocannon)
2 9-man squads of Thousand Sons
1 6-man squad of Thousand Sons (need to finish 3 more)
1 9-man squad of Havocs
1 Rhino
1 Dreadnought
1 10-man squad of lesser daemons
1 Chaos Spawn

There is going to be a team challenge at my local club next month, 2 v 2 using 900pts each.
I'm intending to complete 3 more Thousand Sons, 1 Terminator and a Rhino to have a fully painted 900 pts.

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
Lord Ghaleb
Posted: Jun 16 2010, 02:53 PM

Demagogue

A new WIP addition to my forces. Lord Cillian, my counts-as Kharn.

Still need to do some work on the helmet to make it more 1K sons, and some other little bits and pieces (flames, etc).

user posted image

--------------------
Knowledge is Power
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2651 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring