DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

New Roomies? Great. [Ludwig]
Lovino Vargas
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 10:48 PM

Group Icon

Group: Slytherin
Member No.: 9

[[ I rock at titles okay. ]]

With a low groan, the dark haired Italian tugged off his robes, tossing them onto the first bed he came across in the room. He didn't care if it was taken, it was his now. He didn't even care about being neat, he was tired. What the hell was with this school? It was cold, yet walking up all those stairs made Lovino sweat. Sweat! Him, Lovino Vargas. Hell if he was going to be sweaty! Lovino grumbled aloud and flopped down onto the bed, leaning over to hastily untie his shoes. His old school didn't have this many stairs. And the ones it did have didn't move! Nor did steps vanish or...or anything! Brows furrowed and lips taut, Lovino kicked his leather shoes across the floor and flopped back onto the bed, arms sprawled out. God he hoped this bed wasn't already taken.

He hadn't met his Roommate. Roommates. How many beds were actually filled? Lovino hoped none. Couldn't he just be the only one in here? He didn't like the whole sharing a room thing; his old school had just two students to a room, here there were four beds. The rooms at his school were larger, too...ugh. Lovino shook his head and folded his arms over his chest in frustration, crossing on leg over the other and bouncing his foot impatiently. "It's only a year...just a year. I can handle that. I'm Italian. I can handle anything, dammit," he muttered, inwardly praying no one else came into the room. He didn't have the patience to deal with anyone at the moment.
Ludwig Beilschmidt
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 06:04 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Traveling could be surprisingly tiring, Ludwig realized, following a crowd of his new housemates towards their common room. Either that or some sort of sleeping draught had been put in the food. Whatever the case, by the time he realized he should have been paying attention to the path he was being led on, Ludwig was already at the entrance to the Slytherin housing. At least, he mused, he had the presence of mind to remember the password.

After being pointed in the right direction by a student in the large common space, Ludwig headed towards the dormitories and eventually found the proper door; the handle was made of what looked like silver, and from the inside, he could hear a kind of restless muttering. Was he going to have roommates? He hoped they were pleasant people... or at the very least, clean.

Opening the door, he let himself into the room and took a look around. Four four-poster beds had been arranged around the space, and one of them was currently occupied by a grumbling man with dark hair. Silently, Ludwig moved towards one of the beds closest to the windows; a peek beyond one of the green curtains revealed that the windows looked out into water instead of air. Dropping his bag on the bed he'd decided was his, Ludwig took a deep breath. The other student didn't appear to be asleep, so he might as well introduce himself.

"You're my roommate, right? I'm Ludwig Beilschmidt." He walked towards the man lying on the bed, in case the other wanted to shake hands.

[[oh duh, man, it's an awesome title~]]
Lovino Vargas
Posted: Jan 26 2012, 07:12 PM

Group Icon

Lovino had draped an arm over his eyes after a few moments of silence, blocking out any light that came in through the window or from candles. It would have been nice to have a quiet, solitary night, just to get used to things...but no. Of course not. Lovino slid his arm down just below his eyes, over his nose. It hadn't even been half an hour and in came some other Slytherin- oh, a tall, rather well built Slytherin, too. That shot down the idea of yelling at the other student to find a different room; Lovino didn't want his face smashed in. The Italian wrinkled his nose at the taller blond walked towards him, curling his lip slightly.

"No, I'm a damn house elf," he sneered, rolling his eyes in annoyance. Was it possible to ask for a room alone? One with a nice big closet and no tall, blonde (maybe a little bit intimidating) roommates. Regardless, Lovino rolled off the bed and stood up, straightening his back and puffing out his chest. He fixed his nicest scowl and held out his hand, cocking his head to the side ever so slightly. "Lovino Vargas. 6th year, Italian."

Lovino looked over the blonde for a moment, maintaining that ever condescending look he loved to put on display. Overall, Lovino didn't think the guy was all that...stunning. Intimidating, yes. But he lacked that...that flare. Probably because he wasn't Italian. "What about you, huh? Where are you from? England, or somewhere?" he inquired, trying to sound uninterested.

[[ I just have this skill, man! I was born this way. cool.gif ]]
Ludwig Beilschmidt
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 05:38 AM

Group Icon

In the array of possible responses he'd expected, Ludwig hadn't thought to include a sarcastic insult. The other student's snide retort left him taken aback, and he tried to hide the sudden irritation he felt. He'd just been introducing himself! And was it wrong to assume the student might not be his roommate? The Slytherins seemed to come and go freely from their dorms to the common rooms. Besides, he damn well knew what a house elf looked like. As he struggled to think of some way to answer the jab that wouldn't set him up for a fight, the other student abruptly sat up and offered his hand.

Lovino Vargas the Italian, was it? Fighting back a scowl, Ludwig shook the brunette's hand; it wouldn't be good to make enemies on his first day here, especially given that he'd be sharing a room with this person. Hopefully, Lovino's attitude would change. If not... well, Ludwig didn't like to be a burden, but maybe he'd be able to change rooms. Or houses. Could the students here do that? Deciding he'd give the Italian the benefit of doubt just this once, Ludwig let his irritation ebb before answering Lovino's questions. "I'm from Germany," he explained, folding his arms across his chest with a hint of pride. "I'm going to be in my fifth year. I guess this room is just for foreign students." Shrugging, he continued: "So, what do you think of this place so far?"

[[I'm so jealous!]]
Lovino Vargas
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 08:34 PM

Group Icon

German. German? Really, he got a German roommate? Lovino felt his scowl deepen. Sure, he'd never actually met a German before...but he'd heard rumours! Plenty of rumours! Lovino tried, and failed, to keep his face from darkening into a suspicious look. He took his hand back, subtly wiping it on his pants, almost, almost hoping he insulted the other. What if the German boy demanded a room change because his roommate was a complete and utter ass? A smirk played at Lovino's lips, but he managed to force it back into hiding. "Germany, oh. Wonderful. I heard all you eat is potatoes, and that you don't have running water," Lovino sneered, shoving his hands into his pockets and turning his back to the other. Hah. He was older than this guy! That meant he had more authority, right? ...Okay well this guy was taller than him, and did look like he could shove Lovino into the lake. Maybe trying to push the guy around was a bad idea...

"This place! Beh. It's awful. It's cold, it's dreary, the lake is nothing compared to the ocean back home..." Lovino muttered, a homesick look flashing across his face for just a moment, "I'm only here because my idiot little brother is here as well...stupid kid would probably drown himself if someone didn't watch him," he grumbled, sounding none too pleased. Hell if he was admit he was only here because he wanted to outdo his brother... "You got any siblings?" he asked, picking up a pillow before flopping back down on his bed, tucking it under his head and looking at the German with a disinterested face.

[[ Maybe one day I can teach you to be awesome as me :U
...I hope we get a Feli soon. ]]
Ludwig Beilschmidt
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 04:27 AM

Group Icon

A small crease appeared between Ludwig's eyebrows as the expression on Lovino's face only grew unfriendlier; he didn't miss the subtle way the other cleaned his hand against the leg of his pants. His new roommate obviously didn't like him much, and the feeling was growing increasingly mutual. When Lovino brought up what he'd heard about Germany, a dark, angry flush colored Ludwig's cheeks, and his eyes narrowed. He'd promised himself he would consciously try to make friends, but right now, he just wanted to hex this idiot.

"We do not just eat potatoes!" he muttered, scowling openly down at Lovino. "And of course we have running water! Why wouldn't we?!" The most recent major conflict had ended before Ludwig was born; as far as he could tell, even Muggles had managed to rebuild from that by now. None too keen on talking to Lovino further, Ludwig nonetheless forced himself to continue the conversation... albeit not as politely as he usually would have.

"You should have stayed at home, then," he said shortly. "I doubt your brother is that stupid, he can probably look after himself." Perhaps Lovino was just one of those people who were perpetually complaining about everything. "My older brother came here with me," he informed the brunette stoically, "because he wanted to, by the way." Recalling that he hadn't given his name, Ludwig felt briefly tempted to withhold that information. But he reminded himself he didn't need to go making enemies his first week here. "I'm Ludwig, by the way."

[[I hope so too! Same with a Prussia~ And yes, I want awesome lessons please]]
Lovino Vargas
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 10:15 PM

Group Icon

An almost frightened look crossed Lovino's face when the German student's face darkened into an angry expression. He didn't like that tone of voice Ludwig took up, and by didn't like, that meant was afraid of. Lovino was pushing it, but no way would Lovino back down now and give his roommate a warm welcome, apologize for being rude...this guy was probably scared of him! Right? An older, mouthy Slytherin student; even if Lovino was much more bark than he was bite and didn't exactly have an imposing demeanor. Yeah. Lovino tucked his hands behind his head, trying to convince himself his roommate was intimidating by him.

With a scoff, Lovino drawled on, "Tch, is that so? Then what else do you eat, bread? Bread and potatoes?" he laughed slightly, "I don't know why you wouldn't have running water, I'm glad your country has advanced that far," Perhaps he was thinking himself a bit too funny, for Lovino wasn't even trying to keep himself from smirking haughtily. But almost as quickly as it'd gone up, the smirk vanished. "You wouldn't understand, you've never met him. Sure he does well enough to actually get in the exchange program, but the kid's helpless," Lovino said, his voice laced slightly with scorn. "That's great. You'll have someone to eat potatoes with, then."

At that, Lovino turned his back to the blonde, putting an arm up to rub his neck and yawn. He didn't like this Ludwig already. In fact, Lovino was pretty sure he hated him. Why? He wasn't quite sure on that, but...but whatever. He could hate who he wanted! "Leudweg, huh?" he repeated, not realizing how badly he'd pronounced the name until it came out of his mouth. "...I-I won't remember a dumb name like that." The Italian hoped to distract the German from his horrible mispronunciation with more of his impertinence.
Ludwig Beilschmidt
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 04:15 PM

Group Icon

The flash of fear that crossed Lovino's face didn't escape Ludwig's notice, and briefly, a pang of guilt rose in his chest. He knew he had a bad temper, and even when he wasn't outright mad, he knew his irritation could even scare some people. But as quick as that panicked look had come, it had vanished, and Lovino looked just as sullen and nasty as ever. And when the brunette opened his mouth to continue insulting him, Ludwig began to wonder whether or not he hadn't just imagined that fright he'd seen in the other's eyes.

"We eat all different kinds of food!" he protested irritably. "Bread and potatoes, ja, and sausages and meat and cabbage and salads and cake and fruit and cheese." He'd have been happy to give the other an exhaustive list of German cuisine had he not been so keen on not talking to Lovino anymore. It just made him feel anxious and upset. Ludwig couldn't understand the Italian's continuing debasement of his brother. Surely he felt closer to his family than that? Even if he's helpless, he's probably nicer than you, Ludwig wanted to say, but kept his mouth stubbornly shut on the matter.

As Lovino rolled over, Ludwig headed back towards the bed he'd claimed, sitting down on the edge of his trunk to undo his shoes. "It's Leut-vikh," he retorted angrily, now realizing that there just wasn't going to be any way to argue with Lovino. He seemed determined to hate him - or at least, determined to make his life miserable. The one small consolation Ludwig could take from all of this was that there were two more beds in the room, both as-of-yet unoccupied. Whoever his other roommates might be, they had to be better than this Lovino idiot.

"Fine, don't," he snapped shortly. "See if I bother remembering yours." Unfortunately, Lovino's nastiness had ensured he wouldn't be forgetting his name anytime soon, but he could pretend otherwise.

[[sorry for the delay, I've been settling into a new job]]
Lovino Vargas
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:16 PM

Group Icon

[[ It's quite alright, I've taken my time to get to this as well! Sorry about the length, too! Dx I've been on a writer's block with RP lately. ]]

Lovino merely sneered at the correct pronunciation of Ludwig's name- hell if he'd remember that! Well, he might remember it, actually. But in that case he'd make it a point to not to call Ludwig by he proper name. Oh no no. He'd bleed as much pleasure from calling this German kid by a horribly mispronounced name. A small smirk crossed Lovino's lips at the thought, and quickly, he figured out a still worse name to dub Ludwig.

"Whatever, Lead-wig," he snorted, remembering from(which he would deny for a very long time) that the German 'v' noise was a 'w'. He could abuse that, right? Right. He liked this. "Sorry, but your diet stopped interesting me right after you opened your mouth, lets change the subject. You're sleeping over there, right?"
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4900 seconds | Archive
skin by novia of rcr, rpg-d and shadowplay.