Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to A Magpie's Nest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

magpie
Posted: Aug 27 2008, 11:51 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This forum was started by me when I was getting enough offers of help from people that I needed us all to be talking together. In that respect, it served us well.

Now, interest in working on the lyrics has tapered off but the board still has discussions on it that might prove interesting for someone to read. If I'm not sure enough to publish, then I link the reader on my website to the pertinent thread here and they can see what we have at the moment.

When we got new information on the ROTK lyrics with the release of that movie's Complete Recordings, I discovered that way too many of our best attempts was not only kind of wrong, but completely wrong. Sometimes someone was sure... sometimes many of us were sure... but the ROTK info told us we had the wrong song altogether. That tells me our ears deceive us.

Additionally, I am getting information from other sources that is more accurate than our ears could ever be.

So, I'm quite reluctant to encourage new attempts at figuring stuff out. If someone wants to do it, I won't say no, but I probably won't spend a lot of time trying to verify for myself. I have way too much other stuff that needs doing to spend time on something that was only giving us 40-50% success rate.

Also, for the last year, I've only gotten (what I believe to be) 1 legitimate request for registration and that person has never posted. I have, however, gotten numerous requests from spambots for registration including 6 in the last few days.

Therefore, considering no one's really interesting in talking lyrics these days (and actually, there are a few who are corresponding by email with me), considering we've been really wrong and I have new sources that will up our success rate, and considering that the spambots are irritating the crap out of me... I am disabling registration for membership at this forum.

If you are a legitimate soundtrack fan and you'd like to be a member of this forum, then email me. You should have - or know where to get - my email if you've made your way here and I will pre-register you.

UPDATE 9/29/13 : I'm declaring the forum dead. Over time, I will personally copy off all the threads for archiving purposes on my harddrive but then they will be deleted and likely the entire forum, as well, at some point.

I truly appreciate all the help I've gotten over the years. It's just that the great majority of the work is done and what remains is either low priority or will happen on a very small collaborative basis.

ta,
Magpie
« Next Oldest | Administrative Announcements | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0885 seconds | Archive