InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to A Magpie's Nest. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

B06 #2 - Aragorn is summoned to Theoden's tent, PROBABLY UNRESOLVABLE not in ROTK Live!
magpie
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 12:59 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

B06 - Marshalling at Dunharrow 4:12 - 4:55

This music is not in the movie. Assuming it was for the same edit, the singing actually starts just after the Evenstar in Aragorn's dream shatters. It continues as Aragorn awakes and makes his way to Theoden's tent. The crescendo at the end of the track comes just after Theoden leaves and Aragorn turns to look at the cloaked and hooded figure. This is just when the opening notes of the Rivendell Theme are heard so it matches up okay with the existing music.

Although the music is identified as the Army of the Dead theme, no mention is made re: the source text in the AS-ROTK. And no one source text is identified as supplying the lyrics for the AotD theme.

I think Lyrics are from The Dimholt Road
Come armed,
or prepared to die.
There is no other end
to this road.

Sindarin
Go vegil tolo hi
Egor iriel firi
'Ni men hen u veth 'war.

The AS-ROTK lists The Dimholt Road as first being heard in this track. (And DA specifies it is used for 'The Mountain is evil.' But he then lists the following song (in the AS), The Blade That Was Broken, as being heard first in this track. I can only find two instances of singing in B06. The Mountain of Evil and this one. I can't imagine it being paired with the Army of the Dead theme but, since the blade that was broken is waiting for Aragorn with the hooded and cloaked figure... I suppose the words fit.

The first part of this singing sounds very much like the singing in the earlier part of the track for The Mountain is evil. But I could believe that the short amount of source text from The Dimholt Road is used up in that earlier portion of this scene. That means the later portion in this part could be The Blade That Was Broken. It's also possible that the entire 'song' uses no lyrics from The Dimholt Road but only from TBTWB.
magpie
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 10:31 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

We now have the ROTK Live choir lyrics but, since this music was removed from the movie (and seems not to have been reinserted for the concert film), no lyrics are provided in the choirs' sheet music.

Therefore, unless some other information becomes available, we probably won't get very far with these lyrics.

PROBABLY UNRESOLVABLE
« Next Oldest | ROTK | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2094 seconds | Archive