Welcome to ALH. We are AU Batman/DC Comic Site. This RP is rated R for violence. We are currently in the market for all character types, and dedicated staff members. Please register first and last name
Chaos Awaits!

Links

Stats
Bettys:8
Jacks: 10
Goodies: 12
Baddies:6
Average Joe 0
In Between1
IN NEED OF VILLAINS, CIVILIANS, AND MANY MORE!

<
Location... Location
New Jersey.
Current Dates: Feb-April 2013
Season: Winter
Weather:Things are getting rather strange! Perfect weather for an old favorite!The wind is howling but sadly not with tornadoes but snow and ice!

Welcome to JOKER'S OZ! We have a few special guests to the land of Oz and pretty screamer that will delight all your senses! Please join us. And Bat's time is ticking... you need to save your little city and your pretty kitty. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Crazy Talk

This is simply a small rewards box for the crazy things you say. Links to great threads and News articles will be put up. As time allows this will be updated between every other week.

IC QUOTES
No one was there to catch you...I couldn't catch you. -Nightwing

OC QUOTES

THREAD

Things change Joker and Babs
Bat on a StringBatman and Catwoman

NEWS ARTICLE

ADMIN

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to HALLOWEEN IN GOTHAM!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Where is your hero now?
Updates
FEB PLOT
This plot is designed by the one and only Joker! Be there or get blown up!

WANTED SEXEHS!
GORDON, SUPERMAN, KILLER CROC, AND MANY MORE!!!!
Italics/ application in progress

We are currently accepting canons and originals!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )   newreply   newtopic   newpoll

I Find The Answers Aren't So Clear, tag: dr. crane :3
Jonathan Crane
Posted: Jan 26 2011, 12:03 PM

God of Fear

Group: Straight Jacket
Member No.: 4

Are you scared of the dark Are you afraid they’ll break your heart Are you afraid you’ll lose yourself Are you afraid of your own health Are you scared to forgive Are you afraid to live Are you afraid to die Do you think it's all a lie Are you afraid you’ll be alone Are you scared to pick up the phone Are you scared of the past Do you think that you might crash Do you think you’re in too deep Are you afraid to sleep Are you scared there’s no stability Are you afraid of your own fragility
It’s fear after all

Well, the answer to that question was simply. It's not rocket science, Nightwing! A smile curled like cat over his lips. Everything was perfect and going according to plan. Crane knew why he was here. The idea that one of the Bat-Squad would not show up knocking on his door was insane! More so than he! Crane slowly moved towards him taking in the subtle hints of fear that flashed over the young man. he wasn't Batman but he'll do. Batman would also not have been captured so easily. "What you have already done to yourself,"he answered carefully.

The wording was more than an riddle than anything else. Nightwing already had his fears and the fears that were created within his own mind. Scarecrow was just going to enhance the pleasure of it all. Fear was the only answer and the ease of this take down left only one question, "Who else is here with you? Birds don't travel alone. Not when they are wanted for murder," he sneered. Crane carefully stepped around him. There had to be someone else and his own paranoia would drive the bullet home. No one traveled Arkham alone unless they were the bat, but Crane knew the voice all to well. The vocals just didn't fit.

He raised his hand to Nightwing and the gas sprayed at his face, "Fear not..."

HEY THERE NAME. I FINISHED THIS POST FOR YOU IN THE AMAZING TOTAL OF A LOT OF WORDS. IT TAKES PLACE IN THE PLACE CRANE'S OFFICE. MY CHARACTER IS WEARING THIS STUNNING OUTFIT. THIS TEMPLATE WAS MADE BY WITHOUT A TRACE?! OF CAUTION 2.0 AND THE LYRICS ARE FROM FEAR(STOP MAKING FRIENDS).

Dick Grayson
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 10:26 PM

{nightwing} i'm not going to stand here and wait

Group: Bat Geek
Member No.: 18

user posted image
I'm saying everything I've said before
all these words they make no sense
I find bliss in ignorance

Nightwing continued watching Crane cautiously while wiggling as much as he could in hopes of loosening the jacket holding his arms tight down to his sides. He couldn't help the slight confusion that showed on his face at the doctor's answer to his question. That really didn't ease his mind at all, and that was probably the point. However, the next line of questioning was obvious. Dr. Crane was worried about Batman snooping around. Part of him really wanted to solidify that worry, but how to go about it. He just wouldn't deny it at first. However, he would deny the other parts.

"I'm not a murderer." Nightwing said simply while watching Crane's arm, and his automatic response was to try and lean away from the hand just as the gas seemed to come out of nowhere. He tried to hold his breath quick enough, but he still felt some get into his lungs. The effects of even a small amount caused him to tense and involuntarily take a breath in. His eyes widened as the gas' effect intensified. He could feel his heart rate increase and his vision seemed to distort too fast.

------

The circus was empty save for a few acts that were practicing. John and Mary Grayson were practicing their act, and were working on finding a way to work their son, who was currently eight at the time, into the Flying Graysons

"Everyone's afraid of something, Dick, and it's okay to be scared."

Small hands tightened on the trapeze bar and blue eyes narrowed at the expanse in front of the platform yards above the floor of the center ring of the circus, "I'm not afraid. I can do it, Mom. Grayson's aren't afraid of heights."

A comforting hand and a smile, "But it's alright to be afraid of jumping the first time, but there's a net, so don't worry if you fall plus your father will be right there to catch you when you let go of the bar."

No one was there to catch you...I couldn't catch you.

------

Nightwing tensed and tried very hard not to cry out, but the sensation was so intense. The fear he felt that night under the big top as he watched his parents fall was terrible then, and he didn't think he'd ever feel anything like that again. However, to relive the memory being dragged up forcefully was almost worse than living it the first time. He had to focus, though. He tried to force himself to focus on the room he was in, and not on the fear that was trying to take over. His eyes closed a moment then opened again and he focused on Crane while trying to get his breathing under control, but the drug was still doing what it was made to do and it seemed to get more intense as time went on.

TAG: DR. CRANE
    WEARING: NIGHTWING GARB :3
    LYRICS: ONE STEP CLOSER by LINKIN PARK
    NOTES: His fear of going off the trapeze for the first time alone came before the fear of his parents' deaths...just to clarify. :3

i'm one step closer to the edge
Jonathan Crane
Posted: Feb 9 2011, 08:43 PM

God of Fear

Are you scared of the dark Are you afraid they’ll break your heart Are you afraid you’ll lose yourself Are you afraid of your own health Are you scared to forgive Are you afraid to live Are you afraid to die Do you think it's all a lie Are you afraid you’ll be alone Are you scared to pick up the phone Are you scared of the past Do you think that you might crash Do you think you’re in too deep Are you afraid to sleep Are you scared there’s no stability Are you afraid of your own fragility
It’s fear after all

There was a beauty in fear. It twisted and created a passageway to understanding people. Fear showed so much more than anything else. The true nature of beast and the bitter-sweetness of their past. It was something to lust for if all possible. Fear the essence of life as we know it!

It was perfect. The boy twisting in his own nightmare. His fear comes from guilt! Now that was interesting concept. intrigue moved through Crane's veins like a wild fire. Something sparked great interest in him. Maybe he should pry a little. Nightwing's true face could be found. "Why do you defend the position that you are not a murderer," he asked carefully. Something was in there and the fear was bringing it out. Something so dreadful that created such a hero. A evil grin twisted on his features. "Everyone out. Patient confidentiality must be respected."

Crane stood and listened carefully to anything mutter that came from Nightwing's mouth. Oh this was too perfect. It was a dream come true in a sense. Crane stood and waited for the words he dreamed of. The identity of Nightwing!

HEY THERE NAME. I FINISHED THIS POST FOR YOU IN THE AMAZING TOTAL OF A LOT OF WORDS. IT TAKES PLACE IN THE PLACE CRANE'S OFFICE. MY CHARACTER IS WEARING THIS STUNNING OUTFIT. THIS TEMPLATE WAS MADE BY WITHOUT A TRACE?! OF CAUTION 2.0 AND THE LYRICS ARE FROM FEAR(STOP MAKING FRIENDS).

Dick Grayson
Posted: Feb 11 2011, 11:01 AM

Breaths came at a quick tempo to keep up with Nightwing's rapid heart beat, and his eyes were wide behind his domino mask but didn't seem too focused on the room he was currently in at the moment. He was leaning forward as far as he could in his chair then would lean back again as if trying to push himself away from the table, but the chair wouldn't allowe him to. At Crane's voice, Nightwing jumped as if not aware that there was someone so close by but the question gave him a little focus, but not enough to give a clear, concise answer. All that he said was, "Not a murderer...I protect...I'm not a murderer..." he repeated for a short while before returning to his former state as the inhalant continued to work on him.

Instinct was driving him now as Fight or Flight was kicking in full force and he was pulling against his restraints with all of his might, but was muttering softly as if his speech was separate from his actions.

----------

"Fear will control you if you let it. However, trying to avoid being afraid can cause even more problems than accepting that you have fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. You have to face your fear. Permit it to pass over you and through you. And when it has gone past turn to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only you will remain." Batman spoke as they stood atop a building after fighting some thugs in the Narrows.

----------

"I must not fear...I must not fear...Fear is the mind-killer...Let it pass through me...I will remain...It will be gone." Nightwing muttered to himself while still struggling against the straight jacket until he felt it was loose enough to actually manage to unwrap his arms even while the sleeves were still connected. They were now in front of him and he seemed to be focused on getting free. But there was still the fearful look on his face that he couldn't shake off. He used to be afraid when he was younger, but not anymore...Nightwing wasn't afraid...couldn't afford to be afraid. He then looked directly at Crane and narrowed his eyes on his enemy, "You will be nothing...I will remain...You WILL NOT control me." he said through clenched teeth while still working to losen the straps holding his arms together at the ends of the sleeves.

ooc: sorry no layout...just too tired to worry with it.
Jonathan Crane
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 11:09 AM

God of Fear

It’s fear after all

It was pleasing experience to see the man suffer. could he be feeling some sort of joy? That would be a cause for true celebration. Crane watched as the boy suffered under the gas. The mental hysteria is something he loved and he wouldn't truly be able to come out of it for awhile. The thugs watch from the shadows their grunts of laughter filled the air softly. Joker's gang wannabes. What the fuck? did they think the Joker would allow such grunts from them? "Shut up! There is true art at work here. And get out! I will let you know if I need any of you!"

Words that left his lips were interesting. So, there is something deep within that makes the man child attack those that go bump in the night. "No. You are murderer," he answered carefully to his whines. Trying to get a closer glimpse that this fear that was devouring him. he started the fear not bullshit and Crane frowned deeply. "No, son you are murderer. You should fear what the cops will do to a person like you. They are talking firing squad for the murder you committed," Crane warned. Everything was going according his make shift plan. No ideas of honor were going to spoil it for him!

Dick Grayson
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 12:44 PM

The soft chuckling from the sides of the room seemed to be much louder to him, and he shied away from it. As a child he'd always been afraid of messing up during an act and becoming a laughing stock for the Flying Graysons even if his parents assured him that he was far too talented to worry about that sort of catastrophe. Laughter had more meaning now because of a certain crazed clown who was the root of many of the Bat Family's problems: The Joker.

He wouldn't readily admit that he was afraid of the Joker, because his fear was not what the Joker would ever to do him but to others. Nightwing could picture clearly the deaths of those he loved, and felt that he would be just as powerless to stop those thoughts from coming true.

"Powerless." he muttered a few times and actually seemed close to tears now as he shifted in his chair again to try and find some way to move away from here. Powerless also meant to him that he was no super or meta-human. He was not bulletproof nor could he move so fast that you couldn't see him. He was just a man...just like Batman. Of course they had armor, but bullets were not always stopped and what if he were not in his suit when attacked for some reason? What then?

Nightwing shook his head adamantly as he was once again accused of murder, and the mention of guns seemed to create more of a negative effect on his psyche. "No!" he yelled with a great deal of emotion coming through in his voice.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Options  Pages: (2) 1 [2]    newreply   newtopic   newpoll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4283 seconds | Archive
`savor the light created by sydney of RPGU, SMP, DG, and RC&R.